Author Topic: Metal quality  (Read 543 times)

Sadie

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Metal quality
« on: April 25, 2010, 09:36:19 am »
  Can someone please tell me why the quality of stock varies so greatly??  Case in point, I put into the furnace 223Q stock (after many smeltings to get that high), then pull it out to find it's become 88Q......  Where did the impurities come from?  This is not only seriously not fun, but also not real or logical.  Refining is just that:  making it better....
my name is Sanrai ;)

Rigwyn

Re: Metal quality
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2010, 09:56:42 am »

Its kind of comical how the quality can go both up AND down subsequently.

I could be wrong but I think that with higher skill your more likely to make higher quality stock.

bilbous

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2010, 10:46:03 am »
Personally I find it is best for your sanity to just play the crafters lottery. smelt once, convert alpha blades directly in to the quench tank bypassing the beta and delta blades, then grind and assemble them. The last step seems to be the only really significant one. Of course my skills are all pretty low and my stats are all maxed. I typically get 150+ quality blades this way with skills approaching 10. Of course my blacksmith skill is about double that because it trains regardless of the weapon type and I have trained knives, axes and swords as well as shields to some extent.

Then again, if you absolutely have to have those perfect weapons it is easier to buy them from some other insane player who has already done the training. :)

Geoni

• Veteran
  • -
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2010, 05:49:46 pm »
If you want good metal quality, sit in front of your computer for countless hours, clicking your mouse constantly week after week until you max your metallurgy.

-sig by sarras

bloodedIrishman

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2010, 08:27:53 pm »
If you want good metal quality, sit in front of your computer for countless hours, clicking your mouse constantly week after week until you max your metallurgy.

dont you mean good mental quality? And then aren't you missing a sarc mark?