Author Topic: Musical Magic  (Read 488 times)

Sadie

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Musical Magic
« on: August 08, 2010, 05:57:51 pm »
Why was the sounds/music of spell casting changed from v. 0.4?  Before, they were wonderful to hear (except Dark Way, which was probably just as well)....  Now they all sound like bad, >very bad< plumbing.  How hard would it be to regain those wonderful sounds?

P.S.  Maybe everyone has their sound turned off, which is too bad.
my name is Sanrai ;)

Maisent

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Re: Musical Magic
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2010, 10:04:55 pm »
Yea, i have my sounds turned off, last time i had sounds on it was hmm..... 3 years ago so i dont know the new sound system i need it turned off because :

1: i usually have 2 clients on (sounds will mix together and background music).
2: They said that music used a lot of ram, which i dont have a lot off.

Sadie

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Re: Musical Magic
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2010, 02:56:39 am »
 @ Maisent 

I have a <very> old system.... But I still enjoy the ambiant sounds. Everything else (soundwise) is turned off, just to be able to play (sad, but true). So, it takes some RAM, but that's part of the game enjoyment... for me.  A new sound I've found is the water, if you skim it with your drifter.  What a lot to loose.  The wonderful sounds that spells could give could make your heart soar.  I realize this is point two.
  For point one, usually, I have one client on.  I am not knowlegeable enough to know if two clients are a usual thing.  I am sorry it mixes, you are missing a lot.  Especially since they improved the background music.  Yes, I heard it for a while....and I hope to hear it again, tomorrow, when I get this silly old system updated.

my name is Sanrai ;)