Author Topic: music too fast  (Read 459 times)

Sadie

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
music too fast
« on: September 20, 2012, 04:46:58 pm »
I am not sure if this is a bug or not, but I can no longer play the music that I have been playing. I am told it is "too fast" ... and wants about half the bpm (tempo?)?
Does anyone else have this problem?

Sanrai   :sorcerer:
my name is Sanrai ;)

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
Re: music too fast
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2012, 12:51:21 am »
Once you powerleveled it to level 100, you will be able to play any melody... ;)

Seriously: I guess the developers are still searching for a credible system to limit the abilities related to your skills. But I fear it is hard to make satisfying. As long as they don't take the efforts to level it from skill 0 to a level with satisfying results (and I won't believe anyone who doesn't need weeks for that), they won't understand how annoying this skill is.

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

Karzela~

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2012, 10:49:58 am »
Only the music I composed personally or painstakingly copied can be played in PlaneShift now. I needed to drop the BPM (Beats Per Minute) down to 37. Now that I've leveled I was able to bump it up to 38. That speed sounds awful, but it sounds about the same as before this change was implemented ingame.

All the music scrolls that I've bought cannot be edited. Many of these had way over 100 BPM, so for a while they will be gathering dust. ;-)

Perhaps in the future we could have the ability to change the BPM, even for purchased music. If you can find the composer of your purchased scrolls, ask if they will lower the BPM. I've done that for friends I've shared my music with.

tman

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2012, 04:46:03 pm »
If you're writing your own music, couldn't you just cut the BPM in half and then also cut the note lengths in half?  Like for example, if you're trying to play a run of quarter notes at 100 bmp, this is identical to a run of eighth notes at 50 bpm.  Sure, it's a pain to convert everything, but it should let you play more upbeat songs without having to grind forever.
You can't teach a pig to sing.  It'll never work, and you'll annoy the pig.

Karzela~

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2012, 05:53:12 am »
I've made good use of 16th notes and would fall asleep using anything more than a quarter note tman.  ;D

Sadie

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2012, 12:01:36 pm »
"All the music scrolls that I've bought cannot be edited. Many of these had way over 100 BPM, so for a while they will be gathering dust. ;-)"
 quote from Karzela

My prblem exactly. Even a tune with 50bpm needs a lower number.  But what can I practice with, meantime????

Please fix this, dear devs!

Sanrai   :sorcerer:
my name is Sanrai ;)

Nightflyer0ne

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2012, 06:04:26 am »
Only the music I composed personally or painstakingly copied can be played in PlaneShift

All the music scrolls that I've bought cannot be edited. Many of these had way over 100 BPM, so for a while they will be gathering dust. ;-)

Yes, I, too would like to see this fixed, as my character had a little business selling music at set tempos.
Giving my multiple personalities some playground space, one alt at a time. ;)