Author Topic: An Unreal Arcade  (Read 232890 times)

Mordaan

• Developers
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Re: An Unreal Arcade
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2017, 09:50:45 am »
with only the line  r.DefaultFeature.Bloom=False added i get 62 fps (capped there?)

Agreed.  That line removed the "fog/glow" for me.
--Overseer, Explorers Guild.

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2017, 09:54:06 am »
And disabling Motion Blur, removing the soapy movement, is another way to not decrease the frame rate unnecessarily. Just reducing its amount may aleady be suitable.

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

Mordaan

• Developers
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2017, 04:16:10 pm »
Ok all you mac users!

Talad now has a mini-mac at his disposal so at long last, the mac folks can test the demo.

The Mac OSX version of the game is available and ready to test
www.planeshift.it/public/download/CrystalHunt.app.zip
--Overseer, Explorers Guild.

MishkaL1138

• Veteran
  • Meh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2017, 03:07:33 am »
REJOICE. I was thinking I was gonna have to buy one and learn how to build with Unreal at this rate ;P Giving it a try right meow.

"It's all fun and games until someone stabs someone else in the eye."

MishkaL1138

• Veteran
  • Meh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2017, 03:03:48 pm »
So... I ran into trouble. Here's what I got. I hope someone can make sense of it.

http://imgur.com/a/mopRr

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2017, 03:13:40 pm »
The first message looks like developers have to change some parameters of the packaging process.

The second means "update your driver"... hopefully new drivers would support a newer OpenGL feature version.

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador

MishkaL1138

• Veteran
  • Meh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2017, 04:08:14 pm »
The second means "update your driver"... hopefully new drivers would support a newer OpenGL feature version.

What you just said means it needs a new card, because the card will run only the highest version of OpenGL it can. There is no workaround to bypass this, unless I can run the game slower.

Which should still be better than how it is right now.

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2017, 04:13:25 pm »
Hmm, you may be right.

Well - it is a warning that it may be slow or not so pretty. You can still try if it works at least "satisfying". It worked a bit on a GeForce 9600 still. That should be similar to yours.

It is also possible to reduce the amount of prettifying effects; some moderate effects are more compatible with OpenGL 3 than elaborate effects which require newer versions. That has been discussed before.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2017, 04:15:15 pm by LigH »

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador

MishkaL1138

• Veteran
  • Meh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 22, 2017, 08:36:47 pm »
The first message looks like developers have to change some parameters of the packaging process.

Still, this will be the part tha's going to give me the most grief. So I can't see if it works until this is fixed. It's a good thing I tested it, I guess...

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 23, 2017, 02:30:10 am »
Of course. And this message about missing "COOKED" files sounds famous to me. I am sure I already read that elsewhere.

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador

Radanar

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 23, 2017, 10:24:26 am »
I'm curious with this project to update the game engine, have always used Macs, and so was excited to give this test game a try. I was more interested in exploring to compare the world from the older engine than actually playing the crystal hunt game, but everything worked nearly flawlessly using the default settings. For those interested, I'm currently using a 2012 iMac 27, 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 (quad core), Nvidia GeForce GTX 680MX 2048 MB, and running OS 10.12.3 Sierra. The one error I encountered was having the game freeze once when pressing the "start" button, requiring using the escape key to quit the game. All other attempts to play had no issues.

I'm looking forward to the day when this will replace the current PS engine!

MishkaL1138

• Veteran
  • Meh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 23, 2017, 11:14:51 am »
I'm curious with this project to update the game engine, have always used Macs, and so was excited to give this test game a try. I was more interested in exploring to compare the world from the older engine than actually playing the crystal hunt game, but everything worked nearly flawlessly using the default settings. For those interested, I'm currently using a 2012 iMac 27, 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 (quad core), Nvidia GeForce GTX 680MX 2048 MB, and running OS 10.12.3 Sierra. The one error I encountered was having the game freeze once when pressing the "start" button, requiring using the escape key to quit the game. All other attempts to play had no issues.

Why can you play, but I can't? This is stupid! This is why I suggested Unity a while back... Sigh. Well, what can I do. I have no way to upgrade my system until I get a new PC, which I'm already saving up for.

Dilihin

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • you can always find me on IRC: JeHugawa @freenode
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 24, 2017, 02:23:12 am »

Why can you play, but I can't? This is stupid! This is why I suggested Unity a while back... Sigh. Well, what can I do. I have no way to upgrade my system until I get a new PC, which I'm already saving up for.

I don't think Unity would be a good idea...

Talad

• Administrator
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 24, 2017, 04:56:11 pm »
This is our very first Mac build for Unreal, so it's normal it gives issues.

About the cooked content, it means the files are not "prepared" the way they should, but it's weird it gives the error only to one person, as it should be all or none. Anyway I will check it and see if we can COOK it.

Can people who managed it to run confirm the FPS they get? Press F2 to get options then enable FPS.

Migg

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 24, 2017, 05:27:55 pm »
Don't know if it helps any, but I got a similar message about cooked content when i tried to run the demo in wine:

I tried to run the demo in Linux using Wine. I installed MSVC redistributables, as well as DX11, but running the game gets me an error dialog:
the global shader cache file 'Z:Crystalhunt_V1.0/Engine/GlobalShaderCache-GLSL_150.bin' is missing.

Your application is built to load COOKED content. No COOKED content was found; This usually means you did not cook content for this build.
It also may indicate missing cooked data for a shader platform(e.g., OpenGL under Windows): make sure your platform's packaging settings include this Targeted RHI.

Alternatively build and run the UNCOOKED version instead.
So this probably means something else is causing this and not COOKing?
« Last Edit: February 24, 2017, 05:30:47 pm by Migg »