Author Topic: Consequences of thief?s...  (Read 645 times)

Ecolem

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
Consequences of thief?s...
« on: October 25, 2004, 04:50:56 am »
Quite simple really, Police/Guards should be patrolling the area for law and order. If the thief is caught they should pay double what they stole or what ever you think is ok or make up some sought of jail were there is a curfew after a selected time or something like that.

I am a noob as you can see so plz don?t attack me if it has been done before or is a bad idea! :(

Thx for your time :D  

Nonk

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2004, 03:54:13 am »
It\'s not a bad idea, but as I have said in another thread it would be hard to balance the amount of guards.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2004, 03:54:24 am by Nonk »

Efflixi Aduro

• Veteran
  • O_o
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2004, 09:51:55 pm »
I think it would be cool to have theivs jailed. Like if they steal somthing they have to go to jail for five ps days, or pay the bail and get out early.
Lol Internet

Diamondcite

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2004, 12:24:18 am »
The jail time would be too big a pusnishment for thieves, it\'ll detour players from playing that type of character all together. A heavy fine might be better...
Actually... this is quite the difficult issue... I don\'t think any mmorpg has ever has thieves which stole from players... hrm....

Need more information on this subject before a valid idea can be proposed.
I like taking things literally, going overboard is fun! Now... why do I keep getting odd looks?

Toadhead

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2004, 10:42:30 am »
5 PS days are more than 5 real life days if i\'m right.
50 minutes an hour, 32 hours day and 200+ days a year was it right?

Anyway, they should go to jail for less than an hour (a hour is for killing more than 5 people (50 minutes). 30 minutes for killing 1 person, 15 minutes for attacking someone and 10 minutes for stealing IMO.

The fee they will need to pay to get out is like 1 Tria for every minute. So if you have been jailed for 30 minutes you can pay 30 Tria to get out of it.

The stolen item will also be returned if you get caught.
you should be able to get caught by NPC guards when someone calls them (by shouting \"guards\" or something like in UO, or when a real online player catches him with a jailing skill or something (he should be in a \"Yliakum guards\" guild or something.

TravXl

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2004, 11:26:26 am »
i think a fine would be enough and maby even a decrease of a stat but jail time would be boring and not very fun although it would teach the person a losson it would put them of a important aspect of the game and if stealing would be boring why put it in.

Myrtl

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2004, 12:53:39 pm »
I think there should be a HEAVY fine if somone were to steal from someone. This prevents everyone from taking the chance. This way ony people that know what they are doing or think its worth the risk may do it.
Non nobis Domine, non nobis sed Nomini Tuo da Gloriam
Not for us O Lord, not for us but in Your Name is the Glory

In-game: Myrtl Shift

Join The Knights Templar at
http://www.freewebs.com/the-knights-templar/

swift

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2004, 04:42:27 pm »
Jail time for murder would be good, and fine or jail for theiving.  But it would be cooler if the theives could escape from the gaurds and bust out of jail either by killing the gaurds and running away or by giving them the slip.  

Stolen items should be returned immediately if a person is caught theiving / mugging and cuagt by gaurds, so the victim gets their stuff back even if the theif later escapes.
Ingame Names (CB) : Calcius Sakor, Timgiffney Calcior