Author Topic: A change for challenges  (Read 649 times)

Cyl

• Hydlaa Notable
  • *Ninja Poof*
    • View Profile
A change for challenges
« on: May 08, 2005, 09:55:52 am »
I personally would like to have the opportunity to have not-to-death Duels, I know that there is the /yield command, but some possibilty to predefine that you dont want to fight to death. Furthermore some other regulations would be good.

• Weapon types (Spell only, Melee only, Swords only, mix, etc.)
  • Potions or not (optionally)

Not that I will challenge much[/COLOR]
[EDIT] Heck forgot to color me in 8o
« Last Edit: May 08, 2005, 10:00:14 am by Cyl »
MMORPG - Many Men Online Role Playing Girls

fken

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2005, 11:24:38 am »
exactly what I was thinking : the choice of the challenging weapon !

provisionist1

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
    • My Art:
This can be solved...
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2005, 11:40:35 am »
by the players themselves through a little thing called etiquette. Yes, it would help if the devs implemented an option thing, but for now I think they have more important things to attend to...like building the economy for example.

I for one always turn down challenges unless the challenge is in a roleplaying way, i.e. we are talking or arguing and they say you have shamed my good name sir, I challenge you to a duel... or something like that. Then we discuss the weapons or no weapons, then duel.

It works, people should try it sometime... makes dueling much more fun.

My thoughts,

Xirius
Xirius Dolaktisht
AD LIBERTATEM

fken

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2005, 11:44:37 am »
yeah but its just the wish list not what dev must do first : it could be interesting to see that implemened one day.

Seytra

• Forum Addict
  • No system can compensate lack of common sense.
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2005, 11:54:18 am »
It would be sparring, not actual duelling. The current system can be used to kill only, it doesn\'t work well with non-lethal but valid intentions like a freindly match because, as has been said elsewhere already, the damage dealt often suffices to kill before even having the chance to yield.
It should therefore either drain stamina, not HP, or automatically stop if the next hit has a chance of killing the victim. This would also solve the RP dilemma of bar fights. You should be able to lose without dying. :) This is definitely going to become a problem once the DR becomes larger and less easy to get out.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2005, 11:56:23 am by Seytra »

Cyl

• Hydlaa Notable
  • *Ninja Poof*
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2005, 12:09:04 pm »
@provisionist1: I know that the choice of weapons should be solved RP wise, but I think it would be a great help for tournaments. So that one of the duellists cannot switch to a weapon which bests the weapon of the other one (for instance switch to daggers in an axe fight, to be able to strike more often and so), and cannot cheat by useing potions.

@Setyra, you are right, the word I seeked for was sparring, you just have to excuse my lack of vocabulary for I am austrian and so not a native english speaker/writer.

The Stamina draining idea sounds very well. Probably when sparring you should be able to have some influence on the stamina-damage dealt, so that you possibly can vary the training tempo.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2005, 12:11:08 pm by Cyl »
MMORPG - Many Men Online Role Playing Girls