Author Topic: an idea  (Read 508 times)

Tomrel

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
an idea
« on: January 15, 2004, 06:54:26 am »
player1 walks up to player2 takes off his glove and slaps player2 in the face and says i challenge you to a dual...player2 can accept or deny this challenge...that is teh basic of my idea....just a little less humorus

Kixie

• Veteran
  • I chase the moon, liquour, cars and women.
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2004, 07:46:52 am »
well thats one idea most likely to be in game. Thats along with the arena of course. I personally find them boring and useless. But a good idea for all the non Pkers out there.

Golbez

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2004, 05:46:36 pm »
I personally would like to see duels taking place in game. The Arena being the way to settle disputes when words are no longer effective.

Character A: \"You insulted my name for the last time. I demand an apology, or I shall proceed to challenge you to a duel at the Arena.\"

Character B: \"In the Arena we shall meet, then! [Insert random insult here]!\"

Oh yes! Penalties for refusing a duel! Even if it at least means it is a social penalty! The challengee being deemed a coward and lacking honour if he does not concede to the challenger\'s demand of a duel.

Duels would not necessarily have to be \"Until death\". One party can surrender and declare the other victorious when he considers a defeat is unavoidable. Or it could be decided upon certain terms. For example, a duel to \"First blood\" (First one to hit wins, although this may put melee combatants on an advantage when facing magic users), or \"Best out of five\", and so on.

Mmm...sounds a bit like Dumas\' Musketeers. Although that may be a good thing in certain aspects, right? ;) Not trying to force the traditional garments to be mandelions, hoses and shoes, with a plumed hat on top of the head. But it would certainly add a bit of \"Honour\" to the society of Hydlaa.

Tomrel

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2004, 11:12:30 pm »
i thought that this is a great comprimise and with the honor thing there is no honor in picking on the weak so if some advance player starts to pick on some n00b i can see where there is no discrace on the n00bs side other then being a n00b in the first place