Author Topic: a way how PvE and PVP might coexist  (Read 585 times)

Cessy

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
a way how PvE and PVP might coexist
« on: March 09, 2004, 04:44:46 pm »
well after i read all those threads i think it\'s time to post another idea/mix of ideas which might work for everyone without causing troubles.

there r two basic rules
- the pvp-system needs to coexist with the pve system without causing troubles for the non pvp players
- the chance to harrass someone by using pvp should be close to be impossible

so...
- place a NPC at every town which can flag u for pvp once u enable pvp u will need to wait 1 real time hour until u get flagged for it
- if u get killed by a player it\'s like a real death for u but u\'ll loose the pvp flag
- to get rid of the PvP flag u\'ll need to go the NPC again and after another hour u\'ll get rid of the PvP flag
- looting items or equipment is not possible
- duel should be allowed too, for those who don\'t want to wait an hour but this way both sides need to agree to it
- pvp spots like an arena shouldn\'t cause any problems if they aren\'t too large, since u enter the area at ur own risk

that\'s the basic idea. features can always be added like
- group or guildflags(which would make a guildwar unnecessary) peoples who join the group/guild will get a pvp flag after an real time hour. if someone gets killed he will be non-pvp flagged for an hour
- or if u kill guards or certain NPCs u get PvP flagged either

the problem of looting or stealing items or money is that the players might use it for griefing others. i think that\'s a good base for a discussion without getting any of both sides into troubles with each other or disturb their xping/hunting/exploring.

tallimar

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2004, 01:46:18 am »
currently, im playing a game that has an implementation of PvP that i enjoy.  in order for an encounter between two players both players must have the no PvP button off, then one must challenge the other.  the only way for a duel to start is if the other player were to accept.  at the end of the duel, the losing player doesnt lose anything accept all but one hitpoint.  the player that wins the duel is penalized by not being able to turn off PvP for a certain amount of time.

where there is light, there are shadows.

Cessy

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2004, 01:01:24 pm »
most pvp players like the feeling of never being safe. with an accept button i think u would have a basic duel system which is nice but not really pvp. imo the way should be to have 2 systems running at the same time, a pvp one and a pve with duel mode one without interfering each other

tallimar

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2004, 07:24:19 am »
The only way i can think of such an idea existing right now(since im depriving myself of sleep) is how UO has their PvP and PvE system set up(to the best of my knowledge).  the method there is having two facets of a single world, one where PvP is allowed, the other where PvP is not allowed.  one can at any time go between these two facets with one exception, players flagged as murderers cannot travel to the non-PvP facet without dieing.  i get the feeling that this isnt quite what you had in mind though.

where there is light, there are shadows.

Cessy

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2004, 02:38:56 am »
hmm oki i\'ll try to explain it a little bit.

the basic idea was 1 world with pvp and pve chars. when you start the game you are always pve flagged, so you can\'t attack another player. if you want the thrill, all you need to do is go to the next pvp-npc talk with him and accept the flag. after an hour you will be able to attack other players but only those who enabled pvp at such an npc. once you die, the flag is lost and you need to go to an npc again. this is important so peoples can\'t just come back and attack over and over again.