Author Topic: Question: How do you role play an elf?  (Read 646 times)

larrydag

• Traveller
    • View Profile
Question: How do you role play an elf?
« on: December 21, 2004, 09:34:49 am »
I can role play humans (of course), orcs, trolls, devil things (just be evil) but I am not sure how to role play an elf?  What does one do?  How does an elf talk?  What are their propencities?  What do the like and don\'t like?

I\'ve been playing role playing games for a while but I usually don\'t tend to pick elves as a character because I don\'t know how to RP one.

glenduil

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2004, 11:57:34 am »
I think there isn\'t one way to play an elf
you can be an evil elf or a good one,  the choice is al yours
Those who fear the darkness have never seen what the light can do.

TravXl

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2004, 12:00:08 pm »
i dont think there would be much differance between a human and a elf besides the pointy ears and that they live in a tree. i think that they would be 99% the same as a human.

Draklar

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2004, 12:41:16 pm »
oooo let me see... when roleplaying an elf be:

- Tree Hugger: Always protect nature... save the trees!
- Arrogant: You are the smartest, the coolest and the best looking
- Racist: Humans are stupid and greedy, dwarves are short and smell bad... all that aren\'t elves are lesser beings...
- Feast Lover: Fun is what life is all about! Sing songs, tell poems, drink wine and eat delicious food all night long!
- Good: All elves that fell to the dark side and chaos are disgrace to the elven kin. Remember the elven saying: \"Good drow is a dead drow\".
- Axe hater: Put that thing away! And don\'t use it... never, ever!

And when male, highly respect females. Can\'t think of more for now...
edit: oh yea, important thing: art is valued much higher than money...

- Swords
« Last Edit: December 21, 2004, 12:46:05 pm by Draklar »
AKA Skald

larrydag

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2004, 01:05:43 pm »
Do elves have a language?  In LOTR they certainly do.

Merdarion

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2004, 01:12:20 pm »
Well, I used to play an elf in DSA. (A german P&P Roleplaying game)

These are a bit extreme but I will try to help you as much as I can:

There is no difference in the social status of elven males and females. They have a strong binding to nature.(Nolthrir to water seaweed, Dermorians to Woods etc.)

No elf would willingly harm nature if he doesn\'t need to survive. They only take as much as they need.

Elves also have very accurate senses, they can 100% rely on their ears, eyes, skin, nose, and tounge (not only for tasting, but also for speaking ;) )

Elves love jokes, songs, poetry and conversation and last but not least they love to get on the nerves of the dwarves.

Well, Draklar, I don\'t think they are really racists, but they have something against the greed of the other races, and have some ancient problems with dwarves.(Maybe \'cause dwarves have beards and elves are to deaf to get one;), just kidding)

Well, as Draklar said Art is valued much higher than money.

Well, that axe thingy. They aren\'t use to it, but if needed I really think they would use one. Though they are much better at using bows (They are weak ;), again kidding)

Well all in all elves are a bit arrogant (Who wouldn\'t if not getting old)
I want to be a flame, to crumble to ash, but never ever burnt.

I want to rise higher, rise up to the heavens, but sink, just sink down deeper and deeper into nothing,

I want to be an angel, a chosen, a devil, but I am just a creature that ever wants what it wont get.