Author Topic: Tavern Tales (ooc discussion)  (Read 2360 times)

lyistra

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Tavern Tales (ooc discussion)
« on: January 15, 2005, 05:54:15 pm »
Figured we could have an ooc channel, if anyone wants to join or comment without disrupting the flow of the story.

Feel free to msg here, for suggestions, whatever, and constructive criticism.

If you wish to join in, drop a message here, and I\'ll figure out a way to include you, should you have good ideas for the direction of the thing, feel free to drop those suggestions here too.

Simple rules? No posing for others, you can play from their poses, work from them, etc.   Try to give detail when you describe something.

If you think that something doesn\'t fit, discuss it here.  if you see logical inconsistencies, again, discuss it here.

The story is that of thsoe who help write it, and becomes those who read it ony vicariously... if you want to join, I\'ll find a way to work you in, like I said.

If there\'s something that is occuring that only your char would see, it will be private messaged.  Otherwise, if there\'s a group there, it will be said in the thread to the group.

Anyway.. good storytelling!

steuben

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2005, 02:26:21 pm »
i need a point of clarification. are the current events happening before or after the bits of information that you sent me?
may laanx frighten the shadow from my path.
hardly because the shadow built the lexx.
the shadow will frighten laanx from my path.

lyistra

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2005, 09:01:00 pm »
Actually, currently after.  There\'s more going on than meets the eye, fear I.  But Such is as such is nigh. *chuckles*

dragonfire999

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2005, 10:06:31 am »
hymmm i didnt read this before i posted
^^
if u want get moogie to delete it....

= <3

DeviantArt

lyistra

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2005, 10:30:27 am »
No worries.  :)  Will just have to fit you in. *grins*  I figure we work things out, and if everything goes as planned, it\'s not nearly as much fun!

dragonfire999

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2005, 05:19:39 pm »
yay :)

= <3

DeviantArt

lyistra

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2005, 01:14:23 pm »
Basically at this point you\'re a member of the party, your motivations are your own, this was a simple, one-off RP.  Might expand from that, was originally just to sing songs in the tavern, but.. *shrugs* Best laid plans...

*chuckles wryly*  Ahh well.  And so many clues and teasers.  I will usually send you things in private message, but sometimes here.

dragonfire999

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2005, 02:46:07 pm »
just snuck on the net (>.> )
make taser die, cuz taser isnt here, or someone else say wat taser does :P
« Last Edit: February 18, 2005, 02:46:33 pm by dragonfire999 »

= <3

DeviantArt

lyistra

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2005, 12:23:57 am »
*awwwws* and snugs. Hope you come back someday.

Under the moon

• Forum Addict
  • Writer extraordinaire.
    • View Profile
The return of Fen (as you know him)
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2005, 01:50:26 am »
I have progressed to the point in my story that I can give away more about my character without jumping ahead of it.  If I return to this story, would you like me to keep writing as I have been (from an outside point of view) or would you like to get into Fen\'s head a bit and find out what those one sided conversations are really about?  And what does he hide under the cloth on his left arm? (if you read my story up to the latest chapter, you already know)  Either way, I will try to continue from the last PM Lyistra sent me.  I have something dramatic planned up in the dark.

However, all of this depends on if my PC continues working.  Damn thing still freezes randomly, when it starts at all.

Ok, to make sure I get this right, let me some up what has gone on in the tale so far.

Day one: Lyistra goes into the tavern and sings a few songs for a man in the shadows who keeps his left arm hidden and a fighter name Steuben, who has a past he cannot forget and a sword that he cannot leave behind.

The next few days: Lyistra sings and tells stories and no one disturbs her.

Day?lets say six, just for good measure: The man and Steuben are in the tavern again as Lyistra tells a tall tale about an Enki chasing the Moon. (A tale only, we all know there is no moon in PS) The man refers to himself as ?Fen?, though all there sense that is not his true name. He also claims to have been born under the moon and tells of his world. Lyistra reveals that she has a shadowed past of her own.

From day seven on: Ehmaahre comes into the scene, an injured young enki who can?t speak.  Lyistra saves her from the guards and elects to take any punishment the young girl has coming. Steuben and Lyisra reveal a little more of their pasts. Lyistra?s punishment comes in the form of losing the tip of her tail and being branded with a glyph.
-Steuben wishes he could have stopped it, but an oath holds him. He hears a strange conversation about ?take the bate?
-Fen, deep in the wild, gets a message from a dead man that indicates that Lyistra has somehow been tricked and is in danger. After a short conversation with ?himself? he heads on the long journey back to the tavern.
-Strange things happen in Lyistra?s room that night, but she can?t remember them.
-The next morning, a man uses a Glyph a her, using her like a puppet. Something spirit like exits her body. Fen senses it from across the street and rushes to help. Lyistra collapses and Fen meets her assailant in the door, but lets him pass for reasons known only to him. Steuben enters and has Fen carry Lyistra to her room.
- Lyistra will not wake.  Ehmaahre tries to write but the glyphs in her claws won?t let her. She finally writes that Lyistra?s spirit has been taken. She then leads Steuben and Fen down into the sewers. A ghost cheetah leads them to a warded wooden door. Steuben think it is Lyistra. Fen leaves suddenly though a shadow on the wall. Ehmaahre and Steuben get the door open and find a puzzle room. The figure it out and find a hole in the floor. Then?.

steuben

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2005, 12:18:18 pm »
yeah, pretty much sums it up. though, steuben would perhaps have used the solider instead.

lyistra

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2005, 09:11:47 pm »
Good summation, sorry for being so idle, player has been sick and occupied RL anyway.  But things are continuing as I can make them.

Under the moon

• Forum Addict
  • Writer extraordinaire.
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2005, 11:13:52 am »
Is the spirit protecting Steuben or the puppetmaster? Either way, I have a way to deal with it. I cannot help Emaarhe. Steuben will have to deal with the kitten and the man himself, as Fen will be...indisposed for a bit.

Feel better, we miss you.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2005, 11:23:03 am by Under the moon »

lyistra

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2005, 12:22:46 pm »
Protecting the puppetmaster.

NOt sure how you will deal with it, but should be interesting.

steuben

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
(No subject)
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2005, 12:29:22 pm »
as i prep the dance between steuben and the kitten, is there anything i should be aware of weapons, etc.?