Author Topic: Laanx-- your opinions. For Devs.  (Read 540 times)

Under the moon

• Forum Addict
  • Writer extraordinaire.
    • View Profile
Laanx-- your opinions. For Devs.
« on: March 01, 2005, 11:43:28 am »
I would like to know if my portayal of Laanx in my story is acceptable. I could change or remove it, if it is wrong, but it would greatly alter the direction the story is taking.

Also, I wish to create the ancient origins of the Diaboli. This is very important to Ree\'ann\'s past and development. Very, very important.

If the Devs wish, I can send them the history for their approval. I don\'t want to step on any toes.

Hmmm.... No replies. On with my story I go. To late to change it now.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2005, 12:50:59 pm by Under the moon »

Kiva

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2005, 03:15:21 pm »
Stories in the RP forum that are PS related aren\'t supposed to stick 100% to how it is. If you show Laanx as some mean bad person, then noone\'s going to stop you. You\'re writing your own story, not a part of the PlaneShift settings...

On the other hand, if you\'re hoping for it to get part of the PS story, this isn\'t the best place to put it. That would be in a mail to Luca, however he\'s very picky about settings stuff. So... But anyway, noone\'s stopping you from portraying anyone as you wish, as long as you don\'t hurt anyone\'s feelings.
\"Somewhere over the rainbow...\"

Under the moon

• Forum Addict
  • Writer extraordinaire.
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2005, 01:43:20 pm »
*bows* Thank you, my Queen. I strive to be as accurate as possible. Email Luca? I don\'t think so. I\'m sure he is bombarded by idiots with silly questions all the time. Maybe I will, some day, if I think my story is good enough.

This is the passage I was refering to, as I am sure you all don\'t have the time to read the entire story.

- ?WHAT GOES ON HERE?? a great voice roared out of the darkness. Somehow I could comprehend his words, even though they were in the dead men?s tongue. I heard the sound of many heavy boots running away, except for one, which approached with slow deliberateness. A tall, imposing figure came into the light dressed in a thick red tunic. A featureless mask stared out of the depths of a deep cowl.
- ?I have spared your lives, newcomers, now bow down to your God,? he commanded.
- ?Laanx?? Ree?ann whispered, obviously shaken by his appearance.
- ?You came through the Portal yet you know my name. How did you come by this knowledge, mortal?? he asked, a threat hung in his voice.
- IT is nOT possiBLE , Yamuel uttered in pure disbelief, THeRe is no POweR greAT enouGH .
- ?Has it been so long that you have forgotten me, Laanx?? Ree?ann asked, recovering slightly, ?We were friends for an eternity. What has changed you so??
- ?Ree?ann,? Laanx stepped back, ?But Yamuel?your people?you can?t be?? He took another step and raised his arms over his masked face. ?No, do not look upon me. I have no hate for you?only him. Let me be gone from your sight.? As he turned to go, his mask turned towards Sabrene and I. He let out a hiss. ?You brought the helm here? That can only mean Yamuel is? No matter, a fine revenge that was, fine indeed.? His voice took on a disturbing tone, ?I know of someone who deserves as much.?
- ?What happened to you? Where is your kind heart??
- Laanx stood motionless at the edge of the light. ?It is dead,? he said with no emotion and vanished into the dark.
- For a long time Ree?ann stared after him, an odd hurt look on her face. Finally, I couldn?t take the silence.
- ?What did he mean about the helm?? I asked. Sabrene?s brow furrowed.
- ?You understood them? They were speaking in Old.?
- ?She was once a great friend,? Ree?ann said to herself, apparently not hearing us.
- ?She? Whom are you talking about?? Sabrene gave me a confused look, ?Was the masked man talking about a woman??

As for the Diaboli history, I will just write it and see if anybody cries bloody murder.

Jazeera

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
MURDERER!!!!!
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2005, 01:49:01 pm »
BLOODY MURDER!!!!... sorry just had to do that :D
Jazeera Hlaaron