Author Topic: Quest for the Crystal - Recruitment/Rules/Out of Character Discussion  (Read 8497 times)

Silverblade

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2002, 09:13:20 am »
I say D: make it up as we go along.

So how are we gonna start this thing? I say we start it outside the town hall after the meeting with the council where we have been given our quest.

Aruneko

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
Ah-hah!
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2002, 03:51:14 pm »
I was wondering when one of these kind of threads would come up.  They\'re alot of fun.  I\'d like to join in.

Name:  Aruneko Erebrandir
Race:  Elf

Equipment:

Long Dagger
    Composite Long Bow
    Green Hooded Cloak
    Basic Clothing
    Quiver (many, many arrows)

Spellcasting Abilities:

None

Skills / Special Abilities

Skilled with bows
    Decent swordsmanship skills
    Stealthy

Description:

Aruneko is fairly tall, and is usually a very intelligent person.  At times he will panic, and perhaps do something stupid, but usually he thinks things through.  He is fairly strong and dextrous, and can survive without nourishment for a while.  He could easily be described as a ranger.

I don\'t really appreciate Rule 7, since some fun things can happen when people get seperated for a while.  I think we can use our best judgement as to when to rejoin the party.

Also,  about Rule 2, I think we should use eachother\'s characters, but only once we have a full understanding of what the other character would do.  Also, we can\'t severely wound anybody else.  I will certainly give permission of use of my character later on, when everyone has become accustomed to my character\'s personality.

On one last note, I hope that everyone will allow their characters to be defeated every now and then.  If everyone always makes it through battles without so much as a scratch, then it won\'t be any fun.  This happened on another forum I\'ve been to.

I hope this\'ll be good!

Wormtail_

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2002, 07:44:55 pm »
YES!!! Another recruit! *Dances wildly*

Anyways, Aruneko, nice character. The only problem I see is the age, as elves tend to be immmortal. However, I can live with the age, you don\'t have to change it. I\'ll be making a new thread now, starting with the damaging of the Crystal. Remember to check this thread often too, as it is the OOC discussion thread, is it not?

Also, as the story already started, new players wishing to participate will have to post their character here as usual, except we\'ll have to find a way to get them in to the party.

When everybody is near the Bronze Doors, we\'ll need a list of monsters there. We can snag items and creatures from the Wish List, although I think we\'ll need permission from Elrin Kast for the creatures, as we\'re not devs. We can also make up new things, too. The purpose of this story is to improve writing skills, have fun, and hope the devs take note of items and creatures we make up. See you all in the quest thread!

EDIT: Yes, characters should be defeated, but not killed unless the character creater says the character should. Defeated will probably mean anything that make you unable to fight or defend yourself. Also, the character creaters need to grant permission to character movers, as I\'ve said before(I think). It\'s just there to keep players from abusing the privelage of moving characters around.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2002, 08:58:33 pm by Wormtail_ »
You pay the same price for doing something halfway as for doing it completely. So you might as well do it completely.
-Richard Nixon

Despise the enemy and you will lose.
-Li Tien (or Dian)

Join the BISM!

Xolon

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2002, 09:26:24 am »
Aruneko,

maybe u like to give your character some skills in wich he is really bad.. Like afraid of butterflies ;)

It can result in some nice and/or funny scenes.

-Xolon-

Aruneko

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2002, 10:12:39 am »
What\'s wrong with the age?  He is an elf, which is immortal (agewise), but he is still a fairly young one.  He looks like a human adult by age 74.

Btw, Xolon, that\'s one really old dwarf :)  I don\'t recall dwarves living for too long a time.

I don\'t think I can imagine someone being afraid of butterflies. :D
But he can do stupid things at times...

This thread doesn\'t have to match up exactly with Yliakum\'s history and/or monsters and things, does it?

Wormtail_

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2002, 10:43:08 am »
Nope, the thread doesn\'t have to match up with everything exactly.
Right now, everybody\'s character is fine. Aruneko can list his faults and flaws later, we don\'t need them right now. I agree with Xolon being really old, but I can live with a grumpy old dwarf. I think I can, anyway.

Butterflies come from catterpillars, and people are afraid of those...
You pay the same price for doing something halfway as for doing it completely. So you might as well do it completely.
-Richard Nixon

-Li Tien (or Dian)

Join the BISM!

Xolon

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
mIRC channel
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2002, 01:03:39 pm »
ok guys,

I just registered an mIRC channel. We can use it for the rpg when were all there (setting up a time onces a week?).

Channel: #RPG
Host:  planeshift.ath.cx
port : 6667

u know, our own beloved PS server ;)

-Xolon-

Wormtail_

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2002, 04:27:42 pm »
Well, it looks like you three will have to keep me updated on what you talk about on mIRC. You see, one of my older siblings won\'t allow me to use mIRC, and he\'s usually on the Internet, so I ond\'t think I\'ll be able to join in. Keep me updated through e-mail, PM, or through this post. :(  Oh well... Just keep me updated and I\'ll be fine.
-Richard Nixon

-Li Tien (or Dian)

Join the BISM!

Aruneko

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2002, 05:58:50 pm »
I don\'t exactly know how to use that chat thing.  If its Windows only, then I\'m afraid I can\'t join in.

Silverblade

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2002, 10:37:19 pm »
Its not windows based, its IRC (Internet relay chat)

You just need a client (eg. mIRC), it doesnt have to be mIRC though, there are many other clients available. check out http://www.irchelp.org/.

Its worth doing, because once you are on the server, there are also other Planshift related channels.

Anyway, we can keep eachother updated through PM\'s.

Keldorn

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2002, 04:51:58 am »
I was wondering if i could still join in. Can i? Or am i too late?
m.vanes

Silverblade

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2002, 06:55:46 am »
Thats cool with me.

Maybe we meet you for some reason when we land at the bronze doors.

Aruneko

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2002, 05:08:11 pm »
Sure, join in.  Anyone can come whenever they want to.

Wormtail_

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2002, 06:21:59 pm »
Yep, anyone can join in at anytime. The maximum of party members allowed is 30, I think. Or was it 20? Oh well, you are still allowed to join in. Post in your character description soon!
-Richard Nixon

-Li Tien (or Dian)

Join the BISM!

Xolon

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2002, 10:07:09 pm »
Nice to have a new party member soon Keldorn ;)

-Xolon-