Author Topic: Quest for the Crystal - Recruitment/Rules/Out of Character Discussion  (Read 8499 times)

Keldorn

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2002, 01:38:09 am »
yeah i\'ll post the char info soon! (as soon as i get out of this school that is  :( )
m.vanes

Keldorn

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #31 on: October 23, 2002, 11:34:42 am »
Name of character:  Keldorn
Race:  Ylian
Class:  Knight
Items:  
Weapons:
Two handed sword (no special powers)
light crossbow of speed (fires faster then normal crossbow but does slightly less damage)
49 acid bolts (for the crossbow)
Armor:
Armor of Honor (heavy armor, heavy in every sense of the word. The wearer gains the ability to enchant the weapon being carried for ten seconds. The weapon will do considerable more damage when enchanted, but this can only be used once per day. Plus that the armor cannot be removed, only a skilled mage could remove it.)
Iron boots
Steel helmet
Miscelaneous:
small bag with 20 tria and 5 stones

Spells:  
no spells

Skills/flaws:  
Strong
Low inventory capacity (because of the heavy armor)

Background/Personality:  Keldorn strives to protect the good. That is his main purpose in life. He is not of noble blood, but he could just as easily have been as he used to spend most of his time with a noble family when he was young. He was intrigued by the lifesyle of these people which was so different then most other people he knew.
His parents didn\'t really look after him, and when they died of a plague the noble family took him under their wing, they raised him as if he was their own. When of sufficient age he joined a knightly guild, they transformed him into a skilled swordsman worthy to be called a Knight.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2002, 06:07:43 am by Keldorn »
m.vanes

Wormtail_

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #32 on: October 23, 2002, 05:56:18 pm »
Hmmm... Good character! The only thing I can say is that you should post how much acid bolts you spent during a battle. Also, the two handed sword will have to be iron, as iron is weaker than steel. Also, you\'ll have to be traveling rather slowly due to the \'heavyness\' of the armor. Other than that, good character!

So, where should you meet us? At the Bronze Doors or in some random place in the Stone Labryniths? You\'ll have to explain why you\'re there, too. Maybe you just decided to go help the Crystal when everything darkened and cooled and jumped to the job. Well, we\'ll be meeting your character soon!
You pay the same price for doing something halfway as for doing it completely. So you might as well do it completely.
-Richard Nixon

Despise the enemy and you will lose.
-Li Tien (or Dian)

Join the BISM!

Silverblade

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #33 on: October 23, 2002, 07:16:46 pm »
Yeah wormatail, you were saying something about our first battle coming up... Maybe we have to rescue him, or he has to rescue us from some monsters.

Dakotah

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #34 on: October 23, 2002, 11:21:09 pm »
Name of character: Dakotah
Race: Dermorian
Class: Ranger
Items:

Runic Sword
Long Bow
Quiver of arrows
Medium Armor

Spells:

Heal
Tree Speak
Call Beast(TBD actual details)

Skills/Bonus:
Cooking
Herbs
Tracking
Infravision

Flaws:
Weak against Fire Magic.
Dislikes chatoic aligned people.
Only medium armor.

Background/Personality: Dakotah is a Ranger who is fiercely protective of balance in nature.  He will dislike abusers of natural things.  He carrys no items because he is knowledgeable of herbs.  Fire magic hurts him badly.  Able to hear the trees and identify with animals.  
I am the man from Nantuckett.  :D

Keldorn

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #35 on: October 24, 2002, 07:27:53 am »
Originally posted by Wormtail_
you should post how much acid bolts you spent during a battle. Also, the two handed sword will have to be iron, as iron is weaker than steel. Also, you\'ll have to be traveling rather slowly due to the \'heavyness\' of the armor.

about the acid bolts; i was planning to do just that, so. Now about me walking slower, that\'s something i also considered, but i figured he was strong enough to wear this armor and still be able to move normal. Not being able to carry much plus walking slower would be too much i think.
And finally the sword. Why should it be made of iron? You think it\'s too powerfull?

btw, i see that someone else has decided to join! This gives me an idea how we can meet eachother.
Say that me and Dakotah are in pursued of a band of thugs who murdered the rest of our party. These thugs have fled into the labyrinths, hoping to be able to shake us, we followed them in. A fierce battle begins between us two and the four thugs. When it becomes clear that we are sure to perish you three arrive and assist us. And if you\'re thinking; \"how will we know which side to assist\", remember this golden rule: always help the one who is in the most dire need of it. (which will be us of course  ;) )
Oh yeah, be sure to notice the six(!) pterosaurs which we and the thugs used to arrive at the Bronze Doors.

So whaddya think, it\'s crap right?  :P
m.vanes

Wormtail_

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #36 on: October 24, 2002, 09:58:24 am »
Well, maybe walking a \'bit\' slower than without your armor can do it. Anyhow, you probably won\'t be able to sleep or rest properly.  :P

Your idea is a pretty good one, although perhaps you can leave out the pterosaurs and instead put in a bunch of debris and \'stuff\' to make our characters suspicious. We(the original members who attended the meeting) will rescue them(the new characters.).

Okay then, character evalutation for Dakotah. Hmmm... Godd character, but describe what the runic sword is. I play a bit too much Runescape, so my mind jumps to one of the most powerful swords in Runescape. The Call Beast spell will be allowed, although minor animals/beasts first.

Now lets see here... Our party is made out of one mage, 2 fighters, 2 rangers, and one knight. Interesting...
You pay the same price for doing something halfway as for doing it completely. So you might as well do it completely.
-Richard Nixon

-Li Tien (or Dian)

Join the BISM!

Dakotah

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #37 on: October 24, 2002, 02:38:41 pm »
As for the runic sword:
+2 when something natural is in danger?
Anyone have other ideas?
I am the man from Nantuckett.  :D

Aruneko

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #38 on: October 24, 2002, 07:51:29 pm »
+2 really has no meaning in something like this since nobody knows what the standard is for PS.  Perhaps it could have some hidden power you could utilise when you gain more power.

Wormtail_

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #39 on: October 29, 2002, 07:17:22 pm »
RIght then, I\'ve got an idea to clear everything up...

The original party members see the thugs and new members fighting each other in the forest. The original members debate helping or not, and which side to take. Meanwhile, the other two are beginning to clearly lose. Us four jump in and help, and introductions are made. All in favor of this say \'Aye!\' All who oppose, say \'Nay!\' and propose a new way of doing things.

If you have read this reply, say \'OOC: Lalala\' in your next reply in the quest thread. And it has to be your next, too.
-Richard Nixon

-Li Tien (or Dian)

Join the BISM!

Kiern

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #40 on: October 29, 2002, 10:12:55 pm »
Hey, just wanted to say that the Quest for Crystal thread is a lot more organized/interesting than most others like them..keep up the good work ;)

Silverblade

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #41 on: October 30, 2002, 02:11:33 am »
Yay! we have a fan!
Congratulations Wormtail

Wormtail_

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #42 on: October 30, 2002, 08:18:06 pm »
Thanks for the complements, Kiern and Silverblade! Oh yeah, and has anyone seen Dakotah? We\'re going to need him for the battle...

Anyways, the battle...

One thug has fell. Condition is critical.
One thug is stunned.
Four thugs are intact, and have rage on their side.
Rantal and Aruneko are a safe distance away, firing arrows and casting spells.
Dakotah is surrounded. Condition is unknown.
Xolon is rushing into the melee.
Tegdaen is in the melee, swinging his axe.
Keldorn has an injured knee. The thug about to kill him has been felled.

Those are the stats I\'ve got. We\'ve also got battle loot, too.... As long as it isn\'t damaged.
-Richard Nixon

-Li Tien (or Dian)

Join the BISM!

Silverblade

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #43 on: November 01, 2002, 04:30:01 am »
Sorry about starting that battle, I realise now that we were meant to have it inside the gates. I think we all need to pay more attention to the details in everyone elses posts.

Anyway, everything doesnt have to be planned does it?

Aruneko

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #44 on: November 01, 2002, 04:30:43 pm »
Nah, it doesn\'t.  (At least I hope not.)