Author Topic: Proverbs of Yliakum  (Read 7148 times)

Narure

Re: Proverbs of Yliakum
« Reply #60 on: March 24, 2007, 07:30:44 am »
"why bend over when you can pay a begger to pick up the apple for you" - Harnquist

"Money is control, control is power, power is money" - Crime lord with same philosophy as Harnquist

Xillix Queen of Fools

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 24, 2007, 07:54:21 pm »
I would rather be digested by an ulbernaut than forced to kiss a trepor.

Illysia

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 24, 2007, 08:35:33 pm »
"Diplomacy is saying 'nice Ulber' until you find a strong enough sword."

"Picnics are always good for lifting the spirits."

"Well, I can't fight well and I can't really mine anymore. Hmm... all that is left is picnicing.... Ah well, I like picning better anyway."

-Illysia Caterean

steuben

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #63 on: March 27, 2007, 09:32:01 am »
"for what we are about to receive, may the gods make us truely thankful." a common solider's prayer before combat.
may laanx frighten the shadow from my path.
hardly because the shadow built the lexx.
the shadow will frighten laanx from my path.

Under the moon

• Forum Addict
  • Writer extraordinaire.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 27, 2007, 08:34:54 pm »
"Give a man fire, keep him warm for the night.  Light a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life."

Ehem. Props please? (that quote came from me. ;) )

Take, found, given, stolen... all the same word. It is only your morals that change. (edited to take out the bad lisp)

Er, now it is time for Words of Wisdom from Hyuken!

If kran marry a kran, who is husband and who wife?

Chairs so hard to sit on with nowhere to put your tail.

Careful going down steps. Sometimes you go down too fast and die.

I do good like my Paw always say. A good deed is better than money in the pocket.

Paw always said a good floor is better than ten chairs.

(on glory lost) It never lost, as long as someone remember...my Paw used to say.

Never eat black food, my Mum always say to me.

And a little story on the wisdom of stealth (as told to Einnol and Netrhys ingame):

Hyuken: Steathly not work on enkis. We can hear in the dark. That is how I wake up in the middle of the night up in the hayloft. Someone down below making stealthy noise. I think "Oh no! I in big trouble if that the farmer." But I look down to see two man with lantern. They got a bag between them that full of coins.  I think that it muss not be the farmer, cause farmers only gots bags of dirt. Everyone knows that. So, I get worried. They muss have been royalty to have all that money. Royals act funny, and do things like that in the dark in farmer barn, I think. So, I try to sneak out the loft door...but I forget it not have ground nearby. But....well, the ground find me anyways. It hard to be so steathly when the ground is not, and it jumps up at you. I make a big thump, but not hurt. I jump up as one man say he hear something.I know royals don't like folks listening to them in the dark, so I run. But I looking behind me, and run right into a pile of empty wine barrels. The wine barrels not know how to be stealthy -at all-. The Royals run out, all hollering and shouting, but I see better in the dark now that I look where I go, and I get away. I run into town and hide. Later I hear that some bandits was caught out in a farm with a bag of coins, and that the farmer heard lots of noise. The royals I saw must have been robbed right after I run away, and the farmer hear them.

Einnol says: I think those royals of yours might have been those bandits that you heard about. You might have helped them be discovered and captured through your mishap trying to escape.

Hyuken says: That is silly, sir Einnol. Everyone knows bandits live in caves, not farmer's barns.

Earl_Listbard

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 27, 2007, 09:33:06 pm »
He that chases two groffels will lose them both.

Leafmint

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 10, 2007, 08:02:31 pm »
Only a fool will teach dancing to an Ulber

Xillix Queen of Fools

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 10, 2007, 09:10:52 pm »
talad, laanx, which one asks less tithe? I am going to be "saved" on the cheap. --zak--

You want a long walk enki? --Dlayo--

Leafmint

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 10, 2007, 09:20:08 pm »
"For the world is hollow and i have touched the sky" (Forgot the author)