Author Topic: Ideas for a role-playing thread  (Read 1074 times)

Wormtail_

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Ideas for a role-playing thread
« on: April 04, 2003, 08:50:45 pm »
I feel like roleplaying, but nobody seems to want to create a thread with multiple roleplayers. So I decided to create a thread based on getting ideas for new roleplay threads, and perhaps regular stories. in this thread, people will post ideas for new stories, expecially roleplaying threads, and we get to see who wants to roleplay. Anyhow, I\'m pretty sure that everybody is yelling at me in their heads to get on with it. Fine, I will get on with it.

My ideas for roleplaying threads:

Task of Loyalty

I have created a thread similar to this in the BISM forums. Basically, it is when the underground city of Yliaklum (did I spell it right?) is in anarchy, due to the eight overseers of the eight levels been assassinated by other corrupt government leaders. Your character is presented with a choice to see whether you will seize power for yourself or see who is behind all the anarchy. If you badly want to, then YOU might be the person behind the anarchy.

Quest for the Recipe of Pie/Other food if ParaSite or others don\'t want it to be pie

This thread is supposed to be a humorus one. Basically, someone walks by, talking about pie and debates about what it is. Your character, along with other roleplayers, will go on a quest to search for pie, and how to make it. As well as what it is.

The Missing Server

The Planeshift forum server has mysteriously disappeared! In this thread, you join a group of Planeshift forumers (among whom is yourself) to search for the Planeshift server. Along the way, you meet with some strange creatures... Like chess pieces fighting each other, and Runescape players. [Insert dramatic sounde here]

Ravenmaster\'s Idea(s)

The Quest for Duct Tape

\"It has been said any problem, any broken item, can be fixed with duct tape. However, every supply of it has dissapeared. If someone tries to make more, it disappears. What has happened? Join us*, and we will soon find out.\"
*The \'us\' means the adventuring group leader, who is trying to recruit people for the adventure. Keep in mind that we might not do this, as with every other said idea.

Concept (Ravenmaster):

Schizophrenia (Or however you spell it): A thread with two or more players controlling a character or characters. There is a minimum of two characters controlling one character. The main character, at least.

[Edit]There are a few threads that have been started and are accepting new characters. It is suggested that you, whoever you are, join them if you are willing.

Active Threads

Trefalgr\'s Secret
- Current players are Trefalgr, Ravenmaster, Kinoss, Wormtail_, and Aruneko

Seeking Fortune
- Current players are Mehallie, Ravenmaster, and Wormtail_

Rhuarhii
- Current players are Riune and Valfaran.

Some players are unable to participate in some of the threads above due to various reasons. However, the above threads are active and players are welcome. Or so I think.[/Edit]

Will add more later. Feel free to add your own ideas and feedback. If you would like me to add or delete something, feel free to say so.

Willing roleplayers:

Wormtail_
Ravenmaster
Mehallie
Aruneko
« Last Edit: May 17, 2003, 08:28:56 pm by Wormtail_ »
You pay the same price for doing something halfway as for doing it completely. So you might as well do it completely.
-Richard Nixon

Despise the enemy and you will lose.
-Li Tien (or Dian)

Join the BISM!

Mehallie

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2003, 07:10:59 am »
Well I had a thread that just anyone could jump into, but due to illness I had to hold off for a bit.

However, I\'m open to rp whatever you\'ve got an idea for, as long as it doesn\'t involve a bunch of combat, as I find combat in text form on a message board rather difficult.

Ravenmaster

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2003, 03:37:46 pm »
There have been a few threads recently that said in them that we wanted people to join. ie. (Mahallie\'s, Trefalgr\'s, Shaded\'s), but if you want to start a new one, I\'ll jump in on it.  Gives me something to do when no one has posted on the others I\'m in.
You are here,
You will always be here,
You will never be there.
Although you may strive to get there,
upon reaching there you will realize you are really here.
And there is everywhere else.
-Spoonjoppa

Wormtail_

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2003, 08:58:23 pm »
In actual reality, there are only two half-open roleplay threads, as a great metoer hit Shaded\'s world and everybody died. The other two threads are not active. Now, I am thinking of creating an organized roleplay thread. You know, with rules and stuff. The disadvantage would be a limit on player characters, but I don\'t want 30 people posting at once. Things get confusing. Anyway, at least some people are willing to roleplay. Now for some ideas for settings on a roleplaying thread... I think I\'ll use my own, but I\'ll need help deciding on which one most people would rather choose to roleplay in. Just post your preference, and I\'ll add up the votes.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2003, 09:01:59 pm by Wormtail_ »
You pay the same price for doing something halfway as for doing it completely. So you might as well do it completely.
-Richard Nixon

-Li Tien (or Dian)

Join the BISM!

TheDeath

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2003, 12:11:53 am »
yea...create one with a creative title and youll get a lot of people in it (try to create a short story...some people are too dumb to read it far) :)
~|~ Death Will Come to You Soon ~|~

I promise.

Mehallie

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2003, 04:12:09 am »
Those threads WOULD be active if people actually rped in them.  That\'s what makes an active thread.

I\'m not sure how organised a rp you can have on a message board.  RP as a rule is NEVER organised; serendiptious writing and characters is what gives a rp life.  

I don\'t have a preference, as I\'ve stated rp to me is having a situation thrown at me and I have to decide how my character would react.  I guess I\'m a bit confused as to what you mean by \"organised\".

Wormtail_

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2003, 11:01:28 am »
What I mean by organized is a set of rules to guide the player throughout the course of roleplaying. For example, if a character is not active, the GM, by his/her prior set of rules, can take over their character and act for their character for them. That is only one example. Basically, what I mean by organization is to have some rules to guide every character and player. Also, organization can also be where someone says they are unable to play, and another person takes over temporarily, or if someone is unsure of what to do and wants to ask the GM what they are supposed to do. All this is done  in another thread, which I will call the OOC thread. Another thread, the IC thread, is where people roleplay.
-Richard Nixon

-Li Tien (or Dian)

Join the BISM!

Aruneko

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2003, 12:34:10 pm »
I would be willing to roleplay if all the threads didn\'t just fall apart.  I was in one here, started by you, Wormtail, when eventually it seemed I was the only one posting...

Begin one if you wish, I\'ll be there.

Wormtail_

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2003, 07:24:14 pm »
If I recall correctly, Aruneko, your character was buried in a rockslide... but I appreciate your activeness.

Anyway, I found the problem as to why my thread fell apart. It was taking too long to get from one thing to another.

I have come up with a new quest. People with no lives will probably scream at me, including myself, but here it is.

The Missing Server

The Planeshift forum server has mysteriously disappeared! In this thread, you join a group of Planeshift forumers (among whom is yourself) to search for the Planeshift server. Along the way, you meet with some strange creatures... Like chess pieces fighting each other, and Runescape players. [Insert dramatic sounde here]
-Richard Nixon

-Li Tien (or Dian)

Join the BISM!

Ravenmaster

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2003, 08:42:28 pm »
Whatever you want, Wormtail. I\'ll jump in whenever I can think of a good way to do it. Just roll a die if you can\'t decide which one to do.  The missing server one doesn\'t seem that interesting. We\'d probably just go to Technical Help or Molecular Blue Bugs to find out what\'s going on.  And Trefalgr\'s Secret is active. I don\'t know why you keep saying it\'s not.  I have the last post and I\'m waiting for someone else.  Namely Trefalgr or Kinoss, but as we\'ve said numerous times, we want more people to join.  It is said that you can fix any problem with duct tape. What if all the duct tape in the world disapeared? Then what would we do? Perhaps a group of people would go out to unravel the mystery and eventually find out what\'s going on...
You are here,
You will always be here,
You will never be there.
-Spoonjoppa

Wormtail_

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2003, 08:52:00 pm »
Well, I might as well jump in Trefalgr\'s Secret, as I am bored. The only thing is, what\'s the plot? Then again, I haven\'t read it through enough... Still, I\'ll just post a post in and see what happens. :P You might want to consider PM\'ing Kinoss, as he\'s pretty active...

Hmm... The Quest for the Duct Tape... interesting... I\'ll add that in the first post.

EDIT: Arr, looks like two RPTs are active now. I think I\'ll join Mehallie\'s post, that seems more active.

EDIT 2: Looks like Trefalgr\'s Secret is more active now. Might as well join in... I only see three active roleplayers there, too, so I don\'t think they\'ll kick me out... :P
« Last Edit: April 07, 2003, 06:51:03 pm by Wormtail_ »
-Richard Nixon

-Li Tien (or Dian)

Join the BISM!

Ravenmaster

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2003, 06:15:57 pm »
I have another idea. What about a schitzophrenia (no idea how to spell it) rpg? There is one main character, and everyone controls him/her.  You can also control other people, of course, but the main character will always have at least two people controlling him/her.
You are here,
You will always be here,
You will never be there.
-Spoonjoppa

Wormtail_

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2003, 08:40:49 pm »
Added Ravenmaster\'s idea of multiple players controlling one character. A long time ago, actually, but I simply edited the post without replying.

Anyway, I added an \'Active Threads\' section along with the players in it. I also brought this thread back to the top because I was bored and the fact that... well, that\'s the only reason. Anyway, I am open to suggestions on this, so feel free to add your own suggestions, as well as to make a claim that you are roleplaying or that there is a new roleplaying thread in town.
-Richard Nixon

-Li Tien (or Dian)

Join the BISM!