Author Topic: aiming for a Settings/quests want to be!  (Read 590 times)

MajinBojin

• Traveller
    • View Profile
aiming for a Settings/quests want to be!
« on: April 17, 2004, 01:10:24 pm »
well i send a mail conserning my intrest in being part of the settings/quest members. but forgot to send the story / example quest with it.. well here it is. Ill be filling it up gradually. Hope its in the form u expect it to be..

Greetz Majin Bojin.. (Makith ingame)
just love all RPG - AD&D, Lost Realms pockets and related :P

Ps this is a part from our AD&D board game, so plz dont mind all the possible actions available ;)

Quest 3.

Mahjiha`s Crystallis of Skill

Party has been set to obtain the crystal of skill owned by Mahjiha, to help the marksman to guarantee victory or for own use (if marksman has not yet been met). The background of the Mahjiha story is not known by the party yet!

Mahjiha`s Background.

Mahjiha born 58 Jears ago under the protective hands of the Halluran school of Conjuration. After the death of his parents in the time of trouble he devoted his life to knowlige. He was so obsessed by the thought of knowing everything that many commoners thought him to be mad. He was actually always a mage of minor skill and failed with most projects he did, because of this his father gave him an crystallis wich was mend as a kind of placebo for his son. Therefore his father told him ??son, when u carry this stone near the place where I will be, it will enhance your skill in movement, thinking, and creating??. Years passed and year after year Mahjiha carried this stone with him. HE always believed what his father told him, till his interest fell for the natural powers of crystals. Becouse it was a nice place to start he started to test his old and precious gift and found that it actually had nothing special. There for he decided in enchanting the stone for its self. For the first time he actually succeeded in doing something right and created possibly the most powerful magical crystal know on the face of the world. This stone is therefore known as Mahjiha`s crystallis of Skill. Noone actually knows what the crystal does precisely. But one thing is sure.. It does nothing with your skills when u carry it.          

Prelude.

The party walks over a stony path that leads them to an old castle. As they near the gate of the stone building they notice that weird shaped crystals are placed inside the stone wall that supports the big half-round wooden door, wich is clearly the only way into the building. (#on closer look * Spot skill LVL 4 dice -14 with a 1d20 roll: the yellow crystals glow faintly. #On Detect magic CLRC LVL 2 - a weird glow starts on the hands of the magitian wich started the spell and will last for 1d20 min. ) When they are almost at the gate, the party sees a old grumpy guard posted next to the gate. The guard looks as if he is to tired to help anyone but still seems very firm and strong. He has a long beard and might pass as a Dwarf, but the length of this guard tells u that he must be human, for elven don??t grow beards ??.

Options..
#Party turns Back.. (nothing will happen)
#Party Uses a magical spell (Guard will notice them that the magical stones embedded in   the building will block all magical attacks)    
#Party Talks to Guard (see Dialog1)
#Party Attacks Guard (see specs 1.)

Specs.1
Human Guard Lvl 15
str. 17        Dex. 16 Con.16  Wis.15   (mag)      Int. 16 (mag)       Cha.10  AC 19+3 ATCK. 1d20 +5        (will resign attack if surrender)

Remarks!
Round1. Guard : Stop this foolishness!
Round2. Guard : Are u sure u want to continue? I can use the practice
Round3. Guard : Ignorent jungsters. Its very unwise to continue. Are u sure u want to do this?
Round4. Guard : Well, if it must be?K. Let it BE!!! (Str. Goes up with beserk skill. 1d10)

Actions.
If one party members remains Guard will calm down (beserk) and stop attacking and kindly asks if he surrenders. If he resists the Guard will Knock out last member and party will wake up in village prison. Party members with -1 to -7 Health (uncontieus) will be healed to +10 Health.  

Dialog 1
The Guard Methas,

Methas: Hello I am Methas, Personal guard of Mahjiha. What can I do for u?

Q1: What is Mahjiha?
Methas: Hahaha, foolish one. Did no one tell u? Well, Mahjiha is one of the most respected persons in these regions. So your question what seems a bit out of place don??t u think. He researches the powers of natural crystals wich where not corrupted by magical influences.

Q2. Why does a Magician need a guard?
Methas: To keep visitors away from his door so he can keep his mind on more pressing issues. And so that the visitors that come always have a friendly face to glare at *little smile.

Q3. May we have a meeting with Mahjiha (int 16+ req)
Methas: Sure, but it better be important, for else he will be dealing with u. *he starts to smile

Prelude

Methas opens the sturdy door. And the party notice that it goes pretty light for such a heavy looking door. While the door opens the party is able to glare inside the building and see that inside this building even more crystals are set in the walls. Some have a strange glow and some seem very unimportant. But as the party walks passed these stones even the normal looking stones start to glow with a faint deep red glow. Somehow they feel very relaxed but even the biggest fools of the world know better than that. Down the hall they see a rather big room. While looking from the outside it seems hard that a room this big could even fit into this building. Around this square room nice couches where placed where guests might sit down and relax. In the back of the room a small but functional stairs is located that seem to lead to one of the four towers that this castle has. The party enters the square room and see a small thin figure stands waiting for them on top of this stair and starts to walk down. While this weak looking person closes u feel something radiating of him, somehow your party have the feeling that this sickening radiation doesn??t come from the person him self witch could only be Mahjiha Himself. As Mahjiha nears the last steps of the stairs he greets the party..

Dialog 2
Meeting

Mahjiha: Welcome to my home, is there anything I can do for u?

Q1. Who Are u?
Mahjiha :Well, I am Mahjiha, And this is my home. If u don`t have anything to ask witch u didn`t know before asking, u might be so kind to leave my home.

« Last Edit: April 17, 2004, 03:34:15 pm by MajinBojin »

All who stands against the ways of of the gods will know eternal pain or bliss. For ignorance is the key of survival.. So let the gods be equal to the creatures wich they torment or aid... \"Ao -  the time of trouble -\"

Kraxton

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2004, 04:28:18 pm »
Your initial email application to join the team wasn\'t even supposed to include a quest submission, and any assignments you DO work on for the team are supposed to be confidential (which means posting them in a public forum is a bad idea.

MajinBojin

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2004, 09:37:55 pm »
im verry sorry for the confusement, for this is a part (actually the last part) of a quest i wrote with some friends of mine, and is not intended for the planeshift game in any way.

this is a quest me and some friends of mine finished about a week ago of witch this is the first part. This quest is also written based on the AD&D board game rules and not on the rules this game handles...

im verry sorry, but i thought a story of some kind was supposed to be send to of previous work.. any way here it is :)

This was actually on the \"HELP US - Recruitment\" page :S

Previous experiences on RPGs. Which tabletop games you played. If you have been DM and for how much time. Which RPG computer games you played.
- Send a writing made by you, or an adventure used in tabletop RPG made by you.

greetz Majin (markith ingame)
« Last Edit: April 17, 2004, 09:53:55 pm by MajinBojin »

All who stands against the ways of of the gods will know eternal pain or bliss. For ignorance is the key of survival.. So let the gods be equal to the creatures wich they torment or aid... \"Ao -  the time of trouble -\"