Author Topic: Sci-fi Backstories  (Read 553 times)

Monketh

• Veteran
  • aka GovernmentAgent, CorporateAgent
    • View Profile
    • Niihama.ws
Sci-fi Backstories
« on: August 17, 2004, 07:48:43 pm »
I\'m just curious as to who else out there has one.  Tell a bit about it or/and provide a link to read it at. :)

Perhaps they could be melded a bit, so they don\'t all come from radically different universes.  Elements can be traded and incorporated to provide for more engaging stories as well.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2004, 08:37:47 pm by Monketh »
The key to manipulative bargaining is to ask for something twice as big as what you want, then smile and nod when you are talked down to your original wish. You are still young, my apprentice, and have much to learn in the ways of the force. -UtM

Moogie

• Forum Legend
  • Artist/Flash Animator
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2004, 08:26:13 pm »
What would you say classifies it as a \"sci-fi backstory\"? Moogie\'s backstory involves her coming from a different planet, but apart from that, it\'s all fantasy orientated.

Saw your comic in the Fan Art section by the way, it\'s cool. :)
« Last Edit: August 17, 2004, 08:26:43 pm by Moogie »

Monketh

• Veteran
  • aka GovernmentAgent, CorporateAgent
    • View Profile
    • Niihama.ws
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2004, 08:49:10 pm »
The decision regarding the genre of the backstory is at the discretion of the poster.  

Ot: Yes, but did you understand it? :P

Edit:
Originally posted by Mogura
I think so, although I have heard a description of your backstory somewhere before so perhaps that helped. :) Basically Monketh was sent through hyperspace on some sort of mission but encountered problems and had to abort, crashlanding on Yliakum. His pod self destructs, so now he\'s stranded...

...right?

Reminds me of Castaway actually, only with spaceships. Hehe :)

Slightly more complex than that. :P  There were reasons he took the mission, the main one being guilt from a failed attempt to stop a genocidal maniac in time to prevent the annihilation of a city.  He diliberately blocked off his memories, of course, he gets them back later.  That\'s all part of the Evening at the Mansion bit, and happened a good while ago.  I should have it up on the site.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2004, 09:33:10 pm by Monketh »
The key to manipulative bargaining is to ask for something twice as big as what you want, then smile and nod when you are talked down to your original wish. You are still young, my apprentice, and have much to learn in the ways of the force. -UtM

Moogie

• Forum Legend
  • Artist/Flash Animator
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2004, 09:03:00 pm »
I think so, although I have heard a description of your backstory somewhere before so perhaps that helped. :) Basically Monketh was sent through hyperspace on some sort of mission but encountered problems and had to abort, crashlanding on Yliakum. His pod self destructs, so now he\'s stranded...

...right?

Reminds me of Castaway actually, only with spaceships. Hehe :)

Syzerian

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2004, 10:44:33 pm »
Hmm I guess I\'ll have to write up my sci-fi backstory here someday...
Although my backstory would be extremely long, would have to involve the death of my sister, when I joined talisman, the war between Zelish and Chaotous, Gashmodaan\'s experiments and technology, creation of ZT-87, and you have no idea what I\'m talking about do you ;)
Well I have alot of time on my hands right now so I might get started