Author Topic: Musicians and Dancers  (Read 735 times)

PerfectShag

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
Musicians and Dancers
« on: September 01, 2004, 02:36:09 pm »
This was one of my most favorite things to do in Star Wars Galaxies. Dancers and Mucisians really danced and played music. You learn new dances and songs when gaining more experience, and you can preform flourishes, and make your performance more enjoyable. Crafters could make better instruments (increase in sound quality). I know that animating a character that dances is a tough thing, but mucisians are possible, because u just need a few simple songs. Experienced mucisians and dancers could make their performances into buffs. wadda ya all think?

Xordan

• Crystal Space Developer
  • Forum Addict
  • For God and the Empire
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2004, 03:47:20 pm »
Hello fellow SWG player :)

Yes, if music and dancing etc. would be as good as in SWG, then I\'d love the game even more. It\'s one of my favorite things in SWG as well. :)

Offtopic: What server do you play on??

Draageos

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2004, 04:55:08 pm »
I never understood the ones who chose these professions.. Their all AFK and on macros... What\'s the fun in that?
The pay is sh*t and almost noone tips (I do of course =P)

They\'re great to have but I wouldn\'t personally want to play as one..
Transfering this to PS I can hardly see that anyone else would want to chose these jobs.
But heck... That\'s just me
« Last Edit: September 01, 2004, 04:57:45 pm by Draageos »

The Citadel of Light alliance:
Mirth Guild
Defenders

Reikar

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2004, 01:29:48 am »
i agree i would never do this as a job, but i think they should be added not as jobs but as skills for role play.
As I stand here looking into the heavens, I begin to see forms familiar to me. All whom I have killed have come to mock me. I turn away, only to see the abyss, enticing me towards it. There is no turning back now, only one way to go. So I head into the abyss, the nothingness, the future unseen.

Toadhead

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2004, 06:02:34 am »
Dancing sucks, how are you gonna earn money with it? nobody\'s gonna pay for it lol :P

Reikar

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2004, 06:42:42 pm »
It?s not as much about the money to me, in truth this is for more about role-playing in my mind then anything monetary.
As I stand here looking into the heavens, I begin to see forms familiar to me. All whom I have killed have come to mock me. I turn away, only to see the abyss, enticing me towards it. There is no turning back now, only one way to go. So I head into the abyss, the nothingness, the future unseen.

Trianas

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2004, 01:42:03 am »
hmm nice idea i might not play as one but ill have an afk dancer

mjateznik

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2004, 01:33:41 pm »
Its a good idea as long as the creators is ready to spend time one it. I would surely like it even if my own skills in music and dancing is far from the best. What is a inn without bear, music, hazard games and fights?!
Writen with Links 2.1pre15

Trianas

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2004, 03:33:26 pm »
mmm it would add highly to the roly play aspect of PS

sashok

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2004, 07:23:56 pm »
nude dancing like in PS bars? hmm maybe :D

Reikar

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2004, 09:14:30 pm »
Originally posted by sashok20
nude dancing like in PS bars? hmm maybe :D

Maybe after the R rated version of PS is released :P

Zeraph

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2004, 12:29:11 pm »
Music & Dancing could have magical effects like in the early final fantasy.
Maybe if you dance with glyphs it enhances the power?
Or something like that. So you can be gaining skill while RPing? :]
Maybe mount glyphs on your instruments too?
« Last Edit: September 14, 2004, 12:30:56 pm by Zeraph »

CB Characters: Zeph Waterfox & Zeraph Waterfox MB: Zph

Stydracos

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2004, 11:32:49 am »
It might be interesting if you could enter a tavern and earn a small amount of money or some food or board for the night.

Appoach an NPC, offer services, play music, collect payment. The player generates an income and has the ability to add music to the environment (weddings anyone?). The rest of us listen to the tune when we enter a tavern or attend a function.

I\'m not saying this would be popular but it could add to roleplaying and could make characters more interesting. Given half the chance it would be nice to roleplay an instrument considering I can\'t use one in real life (musically challenged :) ).

As for playing, well maybe you could learn new songs or recite common tales to a tune (so newbies could say listen to the sad tale of Laanx). Possibly have macros that are typed along with a tune (make your own tales or songs for guilds and the like). Let imagination be unleashed and see what you can come up with.

Music for a magical sense isn\'t so stupid either, enter a temple and chant to recover mana or whatever your imagination can dream up. Let the bards live!

As for dancing, not sure again for weddings or social occasions maybe, I have no idea.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2004, 11:35:11 am by Stydracos »

Do not repeat the tactics which have gained you one victory, but let your methods be regulated by the infinite variety of circumstances.
Sun Tzu On The Art Of War