Author Topic: Settings Expanded  (Read 1141 times)

Hipie_Froboz

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Re: Settings Expanded
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2010, 10:59:07 am »
Ninethed
We need some events which are rping but not peaceful rp.
Example: that caravan event a while back
"Guards" "Carriers" and everyone just walks to ojaveda without a problem?
It would of been better if say a bunch of trepors attacked the caravan and we had to fend them off...
« Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 11:01:06 am by Hipie_Froboz »

Sangwa

• Forum Addict
  • Chars: Morwen and Gartheiz
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2010, 06:21:09 pm »
I've been misinterpreted once more. I don't mean these as events. Events are not nearly enough to give anyone's roleplay an orientation. I mean this should be implemented as a mechanical part of PS, something that's programmed and occurs randomly, rather than relying on GMs or whatever.
It's pretty simple stuff.

Also, Ligh, we should have player creativity focusing on constructing stuff, rather than use it for gap filling. It's unfortunate that you're right about what currently happens, because gap filling and walking around mechanics gives space to very superficial roleplaying.
If there's stuff happening around, as simple as a pack of aggressive straying Ulbers that moved from the plains to the road, or a band of rogues that populated an alley in Hydlaa or Ojaveda, then we'll material to roleplay upon, while sparing the need for roleplayers to waste time with filling gaps.
Because that type of stuff is something that can be talked around town, it will gather people in bands to eliminate the threats and it wouldn't require GMs if it was randomly placed.

Also, if it's as you say, the door isn't opened. It's still closed.
Disclaimer: This is my opinion and I can be reasoned with. I'm probably right, though.

Join the Dark Empire!

Earowo

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Guild Site
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2010, 11:51:39 pm »
Then to make that caravan post fit better, there would be a caravan, with a directed walk path, who brings items from various merchants to jirosh, randomly attacked by groups of monsters, if nobody can fend off the monsters, he/she looses his/her cargo, and jirosh wouldnt have as many items for sale that day.
this could be done into mechansics with a lot of work
Dohmo: Please clean up your language immediately.
Me: as i just said, what i said, fits in the guidlines of rated PG, i was just explaining to the G guy
Dohmo: Sorry I tried to e nice
Dohmo: and i'm telling you to clean it up. last warning
Dohmo: now just do it
Dohmo: No more warnings

Abuse?

Sangwa

• Forum Addict
  • Chars: Morwen and Gartheiz
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2010, 08:00:03 am »
The problem is exactly that, dude. It needs a lot of work, I think.

Spawning monsters is simpler, I believe, and the players will be the caravan.
Disclaimer: This is my opinion and I can be reasoned with. I'm probably right, though.

Join the Dark Empire!