Author Topic: Mini-Map.  (Read 429 times)

ForteDS

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
Mini-Map.
« on: June 15, 2011, 04:08:59 am »
in the final game, I would like to see a mini map of some kind. I already got lost in the sewer labrynth once, and lost my bearings in the arena, making me wander around for a couple minutes, and a mini-map that shows where you are, your surrounding areas, generic NPC locations, and mob locations would be great.

Minks

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Mini-Map.
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2011, 04:11:01 am »
Discussed and denied dozens of times.  ;)
A minimap is not planned for reasons of realism. Its absence also creates job to map makers. The tutorial gave you a basic map of Hydlaa. Other maps, you can buy from players at markets. Or draw your own.  :)
« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 04:14:06 am by Minks »

ForteDS

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2011, 04:32:28 am »
Well, I can respect the idea of adding a Cartographer job element to the game. I really disagree with that decision, but it doesn't look much like I'm going to change anyone's minds, one way or the other.

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2011, 04:40:11 am »
Our world is still small. You will know it completely in a few months, if not weeks.

Furthermore, if your character is interested in learning orientation, he may study Yliakography at the Yliakum University of the Knowledge Seekers... ;)

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

Vakachehk

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2011, 06:45:51 am »
Well I'll give my opinion.

I agree and understand with the devs decisions about mini-maps. However, I think you should have a mini-map where you can place the bought/made map into a slot and use it. Instead of it automatically following where you are, you move it yourself, so it still uses the players mind to navigate and use the map.
You maybe roleplaying but you could still be OOC.

Talad

• Administrator
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2011, 09:48:15 am »
Negated (for now).