Author Topic: Self Destruct  (Read 663 times)

Phantomboy86

• Hydlaa Notable
  • Sarva used to own the deed to my soul.
    • View Profile
Self Destruct
« on: August 25, 2011, 06:05:38 pm »
I had an idea that will probably only be considered way far into the future for a RW spell. Its been in my head for a long time, and I figured I might as well present it on the forums. (link me the topic if its been said before and ill just bump that one)

Self Destruct (name debatable): Realm 3-4 spell that upon death, causes you to discharge an AOE damaging effect. You MUST die for this spell to activate, but you can deactivate it if you find yourself not needing it anymore. (Maybe with some kind of penalty to prevent every RW mage just using it whenever to discourage attackers)

Now, you must be wondering 'Well then wont every RW mage just wait and use it at the very last second to screw over their attacker?'. You'd be right, but there's where a debuff would come it

Upon casting the spell, in the little buff/debuff window under debuffs 'Charging' or something similar would be listed. And every few seconds you'd take damage depending on the % you put into the spell, essentially dooming yourself if you just let it run. But, the longer it stays on you, the more the spell charges up. From being relatively weak if you were to do it at the last moment, to a powerful bomb if you started it at full health. That should prevent some abuse of it.

(MODIFIED DUE TO BETTER SUGGESTIONS): It might be best to have a new Explosion glyph required for the spell, and a combination of Explosion+Humanoid.

Questions? Comments? Death threats? Suggestions? Shoot!
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 11:20:25 am by Phantomboy86 »

Gilrond

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Re: Self Destruct
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2011, 06:11:26 pm »
If you want a timed blast, there is no need for playing kamikaze. Take some object (for exampled call it a blast pie), and enchant it with delayed effect. Something along the lines of Object + Sleep + Meteor. Right now the game focuses only on casting stuff on others and on oneself. Casting on items should also be a norm, and such spells exist now (though are all broken, like Dweomer Detection and etc.).
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 06:14:11 pm by Gilrond »

Phantomboy86

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2011, 06:16:52 pm »
Possibly Gilrond, using it on objects might be possible. But the object would need to have not as much power as using it on yourself or there would be just far too much room for abuse. But then again that could almost be considered a different spell entirely and could use its own topic.

Maybe Self Destruct-Other? Object-Flame-Meteor and then Humanoid-Flame-Meteor (since meteor i just now realize is much closer to being interpreted as explosion)

Perhaps a new Explosion glyph that takes a hard quest to get?

Aramara Meibi

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2011, 06:20:42 pm »
like the explosion glyph idea, i can only imagine travosh leaving pie bombs everywhere. poor Lilu.
all blessings to the assembled devotees.

Tessra

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
    • The Adani Order
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2011, 06:21:30 pm »
I love it.  And I will try very hard never to sneak up on you in the future if it's put in. 
Also, it's more credible to others if you grow in power slowly over time.  First kill rats, then noobs, then klyros, and eventually work your way up to more powerful creatures ~ Miomai

Phantomboy86

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2011, 06:24:36 pm »
Let us just all agree to NEVER give it to Esorono. Ever.

EVER.

Mask

• Hydlaa Resident
  • Without imagination, we never will go anywhere...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2011, 06:36:43 pm »
I'm too slow. Again. But you might want to attend the Magic Fare follow up event. Might collect stuff beforehand from the wishlist.

I like the idea.

And here's the link: There you go.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 06:48:07 pm by Mask »
It's just an idea, it might contain nonsense until proper sources are given.

First rule of programming: Documentation, Documentation, Documentation.

Phantomboy86

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2011, 06:59:12 pm »
Ill look into attending as soon as I figure out what 20:00:00 is in US midwestern time. Also I'll have to find that book of spell ideas thats supposedly circulating

MishkaL1138

• Veteran
  • Meh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2011, 04:28:06 am »
This

like the explosion glyph idea, i can only imagine travosh leaving pie bombs everywhere. poor Lilu.

and this

Let us just all agree to NEVER give it to Esorono. Ever.

EVER.

is why this spell should exist.

"It's all fun and games until someone stabs someone else in the eye."

Earowo

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Guild Site
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2011, 03:29:56 pm »
Esorono would never use it, I dont think he uses many spells that stray from dark way.
Dohmo: Please clean up your language immediately.
Me: as i just said, what i said, fits in the guidlines of rated PG, i was just explaining to the G guy
Dohmo: Sorry I tried to e nice
Dohmo: and i'm telling you to clean it up. last warning
Dohmo: now just do it
Dohmo: No more warnings

Abuse?

Phantomboy86

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2011, 03:41:16 pm »
Esorono would never use it, I dont think he uses many spells that stray from dark way.

Eh-hem...

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA!

You must not know Eso if you don't think he wouldn't grab the chance to explode on somebody.

Talad

• Administrator
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2011, 09:09:48 am »
Not approved.

MishkaL1138

• Veteran
  • Meh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2011, 09:42:48 am »
Not approved.

ITT: why Talad isn't fun some times  :thumbdown:

Still, that would've been an awesome implementation.

"It's all fun and games until someone stabs someone else in the eye."