Author Topic: Pandukai  (Read 831 times)

Cirerey

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Pandukai
« on: September 02, 2011, 08:32:47 am »
I know this is silly. But I would love to see another semihumanoid species. We have enki, klyros and kran now How about Pandukai? Big fluffy soft friendly black and white vegetarian folks. Excellent merchants, cooks, and innkeepers. Maybe as NPC first, later as players if resources allow. Think of the increased market for bamboo rice...

Not aggressive, but capable of defending themselves quite well since they are big, strong, and have large claws.

Who wouldn't want to have a beer with a pandukai?

Naturally I'm posting this because I'm deluded into thinking the devs have spare cycles for this kind of fun. :)

Candy

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Re: Pandukai
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2011, 09:00:52 am »
They're like Pandaren Bards on WoW. Not gonna happen. Especially considering recent...developments involving the races in PS.

Suddenly I'm itching to play something with playable pandas, though. >_>
Role Play Preferences
[1: gossip] Glaciusor: There's now a guy in skimpy armor having war flashbacks about daemons. Have fun Hydlaa

Aiwendil

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2011, 09:12:11 am »

Soloyos

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Guardian-Bloodstone Brethren&Partner-Hydlaa Museum
    • View Profile
    • Bloodstone Brethren

Dramborleg

• Traveller
  • Ye kin no make anyun appy. But ye kin make 'em mad
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2011, 02:07:07 pm »
 Okay but like my grandpa always told me, " I f your gonna be a bear, be a grizzly."

Gilrond

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2011, 02:02:54 am »
Hm, judging from the fact that Diaboli and Xacha are being cut, do you think devs have more cycles?

Maisent

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2011, 03:23:56 am »
this just made me lol

zanzibar

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2011, 09:43:07 am »
Hm, judging from the fact that Diaboli and Xacha are being cut, do you think devs have more cycles?

Wow, I didn't know this. Is there an announcement for players to read?

It seems like an exciting idea. Xacha were underused I think, since their lack of physical prowess has always been difficult to fit into the settings and mechanics. (I always like a good challenge though!) A lot of people have had fun playing Diaboli but I can see how the developers might want players taking a different direction, since their aversion to religion doesn't fit comfortably in Yliakum society. What will happen to the Ynnwn though?
Quote from: Raa
Immaturity is FTW.

Cirerey

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2011, 08:24:47 am »

No. I was goofing around. Apparently sarcasm still doesn't work in a text only format.

Sarva

• Game Masters
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2011, 02:07:34 pm »
What Talad said at the Dev Q&A meeting was that Xacha will be going away, Diaboli will be put on the shelf for a while , ie not be available as a player run character for a while but will be brought back at a later time. Dwarves will also be merged into a single race.

Talad said at the meeting currently there is the need for 23 separate models with the 12 races we have, since Kran is a single gender. This takes a lot of work to support things like robes, bracers, armor, eventually clothing for all the races and right now the number of artists available just can't support that many different models at this time

Soloyos

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Guardian-Bloodstone Brethren&Partner-Hydlaa Museum
    • View Profile
    • Bloodstone Brethren
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2011, 02:10:15 pm »
But the dwarven races have a huge history behind them.... No one cares if they dont have fancy clothes....i enjoy being a Hammerwielder....
« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 02:20:21 pm by Soloyos »

zanzibar

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2011, 06:58:29 pm »
What Talad said at the Dev Q&A meeting was that Xacha will be going away, Diaboli will be put on the shelf for a while , ie not be available as a player run character for a while but will be brought back at a later time. Dwarves will also be merged into a single race.

Talad said at the meeting currently there is the need for 23 separate models with the 12 races we have, since Kran is a single gender. This takes a lot of work to support things like robes, bracers, armor, eventually clothing for all the races and right now the number of artists available just can't support that many different models at this time

Oh... so it's not a settings / flavour thing?
Quote from: Raa
Immaturity is FTW.

Vakachehk

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2011, 06:20:15 am »
Why not just combine them into one 'Race' but have packs? Could easily work well with Human and Dwarf races.

The split between Xacha and Ylian could of came with religious disputes, Talad could of wanted to steal some of Laanx's greatest followers and took the Ylian away however the Xacha stayed. With dwarfs it could of been one family that enjoyed mining moved further closer to some popular mines, however the Hamerweilders wanted to stay so there was a split.

The only issue with this is that you'd still need to make separate cities for these 'packs'. However it is a bit easier to make a city than robs, cloths, jewelry and bracers. And I don't think maps is something that puts people off from Planshift compared to cloths, and the lack of characters.
You maybe roleplaying but you could still be OOC.

Candy

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2011, 12:40:03 pm »
Role Play Preferences
[1: gossip] Glaciusor: There's now a guy in skimpy armor having war flashbacks about daemons. Have fun Hydlaa

Talad

• Administrator
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2011, 08:42:56 pm »
We already have too many races.