Author Topic: How does a body get from where it dies to the Death Realm?  (Read 1097 times)

Akkaido Kivikar

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
How does a body get from where it dies to the Death Realm?
« on: November 15, 2009, 06:06:49 pm »
I'm just wondering, for the sakes and purposes of RP, how a body gets from Yliakum to the DR after death.

Is it whisked away by Dakkru, leaving only a bit of spilt blood on the ground, or do the citizens throw it down the burial pit, which drops it into the DR?

Is the body not even taken, but just the soul?

Also, if the person in question is beheaded, or has a limb removed in the fight which kills them, do they forever lose that limb (in the case of the head, true death ensues), or does Dakkru restore it?

I've always wondered.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2009, 06:09:34 pm by Akkaido Kivikar »

Timmothy Perriwinkle

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • I see u lookin' at mah Periwinklez.
    • View Profile
    • The Depot that's also a Warehouse
Re: How does a body get from where it dies to the Death Realm?
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2009, 06:51:25 pm »
The only part I know for sure is about the limbs.

Basically, if cutting off the limb kills them (as the head), they keep it when they get to the Death Realm. But if they lose a limb, survive, get healed, the limb is gone forever. As far as a specific time frame, I was never informed.

But yes, this is how you truly pwn baddies. Chop off a limb. One by one. Make sure they don't die. Then they become a useless lump that can't do anything, and can't come back 2 min after you kill them and resume evil as normal.

[12:05am] XilliX: I <3 you that much

Thoss

• Hydlaa Resident
  • Explorers Guild
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2009, 08:59:23 pm »
very interesting bit of insight there Timmothy...the last part about the removing of limbs... :)

Akkaido... I don't know the answer..(so why give one some might ask *shrug*), but my experience has been that the body essentially dematerializes after a few moments. Perhaps that's Dakkru taking them. I am of the belief that the entire body and soul go down with Dakkru...

The tossing down the Burial Wells if for true-death as far as I know.

That's my current view...
Thoss Yonbur/Aarnir Irety/Oslorod Krolar/Myno Eljin

Sarras Volcae

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2009, 01:33:42 am »
a short while after death, the body fades away/is taken by dakkru. the purpose of burial wells is to provide an isolated, contained area to pile up true-dead corpses. there's no reason to throw a non-true-dead corpse in a well if it's going to disappear.

both soul and body are taken to the death realm.

dakkru restores/heals all severed limbs and injuries inflicted just before death. if the body has time to heal in yliakum, limbs can't be restored. idk anything about beheading, but considering you die at almost the exact moment you're beheaded, it should be counted as a non-true-death. just like losing any other appendage.

Aiwendil

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2009, 02:15:44 am »
In my former guild we came across the problem what happens with cut-off limps if the person die. So we asked settings:

Quote from: Orgonwukh
I asked Xillix about what happens if for example a hand is cut off and the person dies. Will the hand miss? Will it go to DR, too? Here is the answer:

if the person is fully healed before dying the hand would still be missing.

If someone dies in the same accident or incident that caused them to lose their hand they would be whole on existing the DR.

This leaves some "intepretation". I think this is no big issue at all.
I also think, this makes sense. As in RL, you still can attach a severed limp if not too much time has passed. You can think of it like this: A severed hand still has some "life" in it. If the person dies, all body parts of them go to DR. Only if there are body parts that are lifeless, this should not work. I already await your protest, but I think this should count for all ways of death: Decapitation, burning to death, total shreddering etc.

Shangshi

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2009, 09:41:03 am »

So i assume that is would also apply to any body part lost during a fight, fingers, ears, heart (if one decided to cut one out with a rusty spoon for a Dakkru ritual) as long as you were killed/suicided.

Would this fact also be common knowledge? so if you have your leg chopped of and someone starts to heal you, you could just kill yourself knowing that you would get it back?

Rigwyn

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2009, 10:16:26 am »

If you look at the three books in the DR library they talk about death and the death realm in very good detail.

Raekh

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2009, 12:58:56 pm »
Keep in mind that ingame books are IC and meant to be written by an inhabitant of Yliakum. They might contain flaws or even lies. If you would play according to these books, potential lies would be made true.

For knowing how to play PS properly you need proper OOC background knowledge. Using ingame content I think is rather
inappropriate.

bloodedIrishman

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2009, 03:35:08 pm »
All books in the Death Realm library and the Hydlaa library are in accordance with the settings.

Syenna

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2009, 04:26:03 pm »
In my former guild we came across the problem what happens with cut-off limps if the person die. So we asked settings:

Quote from: Orgonwukh

This leaves some "intepretation". I think this is no big issue at all.
I also think, this makes sense. As in RL, you still can attach a severed limp if not too much time has passed. You can think of it like this: A severed hand still has some "life" in it. If the person dies, all body parts of them go to DR. Only if there are body parts that are lifeless, this should not work. I already await your protest, but I think this should count for all ways of death: Decapitation, burning to death, total shreddering etc.

Not only that, but if one wanted to keep their limbs, they could sort of take advantage of the situation by letting themselves bleed to death. Technically, the limb should be replaced if they bleed to death from losing it.

Dralion1221

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2009, 05:15:29 pm »
Well with all this talk about limbs going to the DR, I need some answers too I guess :P My poor krans foot got smashed to dust by a mean dwarf >.> Since krans technically don't have blood they are just rock will kra ever get kras foot back?  Maybe Kili will just hop on one foot forever :(

Rigwyn

« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2009, 05:49:13 pm »

They are not just piles of rock .. but regardless if he lost a limb and did not die from it then he is doomed to hobble around unevenly.

I do know of a certain DIaboli would would consider providing him with a spare foot for a price.   :innocent:

You would need a healer to re-attach it.
Also the color of the foot might not match but that could be fixed with a tall boot or some knee high socks  ;D

Timmothy Perriwinkle

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2009, 06:24:38 pm »
I would just like to point out that you suggested that dying isn't as bad as losing a limb.

This emphasizes everything wrong with any sort of conflict ingame.

Rigwyn

« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2009, 06:40:03 pm »

That's correct. Losing a limb permanently is much worse than daying in game. Death in game is far less severe than death in real life.

It would be better for you to compare losing a limb to +true death+

Timmothy Perriwinkle

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2009, 06:47:55 pm »
True Death doesn't happen.