Author Topic: The state of Ojaveda.  (Read 1465 times)

Akkaido Kivikar

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
The state of Ojaveda.
« on: January 17, 2010, 10:46:35 pm »
Ojaveda is a bit of a ghost town, fellow PlaneShifters. In character, this could be attributed to fear of plague, the fact that most of the city is locked down.

But out of character, I say to my fellow roleplayers: Why not make this our new haven. No newbs of any kind starting there. No Power Levelers coming back to life there. Being in Ojaveda requires going out of one's way, a place with no Arena, no nearby known wealth mines, a place where life is slightly wilder and slightly less civilised than the bustling streets of Hydlaa.

Join me this weekend in Ojaveda, the silent sandstone city of the feline people, the gem in the desert, the diamond in the rough.

Note: I'm not writing this to "blame" anyone, but rather, pointing out it gives an opportunity. Little to no disruption, a beautiful town with a nice atmosphere....

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
Re: The state of Ojaveda.
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2010, 11:50:00 pm »
The coming weekend you say ... will this finally be the council meeting of the Enki alliance? Or did this already happen and I missed it due to the lack of announcement?

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

Earowo

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Guild Site
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2010, 11:51:01 pm »
well for 1, i like helpin out the noobs, but besides that i get the excess access violations all over the place in oja, so its a no go for me :\ i cant even go to hydlaa without crashin, im fine everywhere else though ^^
Dohmo: Please clean up your language immediately.
Me: as i just said, what i said, fits in the guidlines of rated PG, i was just explaining to the G guy
Dohmo: Sorry I tried to e nice
Dohmo: and i'm telling you to clean it up. last warning
Dohmo: now just do it
Dohmo: No more warnings

Abuse?

BLERGHtrue

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2010, 01:15:01 am »
Or did this already happen and I missed it due to the lack of announcement?

You haven't missed it  :)

You know, a plague would actually be a very good IG reason for the sudden depopulation.

:woot:
« Last Edit: January 18, 2010, 02:31:16 am by BLERGHtrue »

Sarras Volcae

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2010, 02:00:11 am »
ojaveda, the land of furries? no thanks!

i'll stick with noobs and the arena and all that... i don't see what's wrong with them.

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2010, 02:49:30 am »
And furthermore, the Community of Vaalnor would be slightly confused to see nothing but Enkidukai furtheron in Ojaveda. It has always been a center of economy. It is not imaginable without travelers from all races. Thanks for the head-ups, core clans - we won't forget Ojaveda (we just may have too few reasons to meet there at the moment).

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador

BLERGHtrue

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2010, 04:23:41 am »
Have no fear, we'll give you one or two reasons to travel to Ojaveda soon ;)
And its centre of trade will be restored soon enough - if only momentarily  ;D

Barike

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2010, 12:28:44 pm »
Well put Akaiddo. My members spend a fair bit of time in Ojaveda, but just RP'ing within our guild won't do much. ;) As a fellow core clan guild leader, where do we get together to talk about this stuff? ??? I think with the update it kinda threw everyone for a loop, and even now HC still isn't back up to full strength. Anyways, keep in touch!  \\o//

Geoni

• Veteran
  • -
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2010, 03:08:20 pm »
I feel like going to Brado's tavern to give him some company.  me--> :whistling: :( <--Brado

-sig by sarras

Akkaido Kivikar

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2010, 11:08:33 pm »
As an extension to the idea, let's start a "happy hour" in Brado's each weekend, perhaps two seperate ones for each timezone rush.

I'll let the Europeans choose their time and the Americans theirs, (LigH and Barike, suggestions please) and I shall do my best to attend. Let's have some merriness!

Syenna

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2010, 11:46:43 pm »
Funny, I see a handful of people - ones normally willing to roleplay, no less - when I head up to Ojaveda.

Barike

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2010, 12:11:08 am »
I'm not sure I could give a decent suggestion Akkaido... I'll have to see if I can think of some way to mark how many RP'ers are usually in/around Oja on a regular basis over the weekends... Or figure out how to set up an event... I know! We should see about setting up something kind of like the Red Crystal Den, but different... Something to liven Ojaveda up on a regular basis... And I agree Syenna, there are a few of us that hang around Oja to RP...  :D

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2010, 04:01:44 am »
The late evening in Europe (18:00+ GMT) usually matches the afternoon in America well, especially for weekends -- it's just early morning around the date line then, and deep night in far asia.

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador

Akkaido Kivikar

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2010, 04:03:34 pm »
That's 6am NZT (ish), and my router doesn't reconnect until 7 or 8am depending on how my father has set it.

So 20:00GMT and later is easily doable... which is between 8pm and midnight in Europe.

@Barike: My suggestion of a happy hour at Brado's is really an extremely simplified version of the RCD. We don't really have time and resources to go into the same amount of depth with the organisation of the markets and other events.... but it could be put into the eventual goals to have some similar ground for RP (not a copycat of the RCD of course, we need something completely different and standout, and Enki in style and flavour.)

EStripus

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2010, 09:27:59 pm »
@LigH: You are right there is a nice overlap for the Europe and N&S America time zones.

@Akaiddo: I like the idea of the happy hour at Brado's. Brado has always struck me as a menki who loves a good time.  I think he would be honored to host a weekly Happy Hour over the RL weekend.
Don't godmod me and we'll get along fine.