Author Topic: haters gonna hate  (Read 4104 times)

troyyer

haters gonna hate
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2010, 02:56:37 pm »
Total newbie here looking to get into the RP server. Tried changing the IP in the server xml like I read on here but i can't save it? Denied. Any advice?

When i look at the first post in this thread i'm a bit surprised how this thread developed. On the other hand, maybe i'm not...

« Last Edit: September 14, 2010, 02:58:57 pm by troyyer »

Akkaido Kivikar

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
haters gonna hate
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2010, 07:05:47 pm »
Let's examine the claims of RP in the case of the house thefts.   To justify the house thefts as RP the claim was made that the thief was hired by someone in Oja to make people feel less safe in Hydlaa so that they would want to come visit Oja more.  So after almost a month in RL what actions were taken by the thief to support this claim and make any kind ofRP out of this?  Were any posters posted in Hydlaa talking about the house thefts anything to the affect talking about how dangerous Hydlaa has become? No not that I know of and none that the thief could point out. Any IC  conversations between characters talking about the house thefts  and talking about how much safer other cities are? Again none that I know of and none claimed by the thief. In short after almost a month since the first robbery  can you point to a single act done by the thief to forward this so called RP other than to continue robbing houses? I know the thief was looking for a 4th house to rob since I followed him checking every GH door in Hydlaa and Gug as the first thing that happened after that character logged in.

One of the things I learned when I first started playing this game is that it is bad form to force your RP onto others. You should invite others into your RP if you have something you want to do that will have major affect on another player. I would say stealing items of great value ( be they of real value or just personal value) is something that has a major affect on lots of players.  In this case it seems this so called RP was forced on a lot of people with no invitation

1) If you leave a house open, you're inviting thieves in. The RP wasn't forced, it was invited by the guilds leaving their doors unlocked. It's not too hard to keep a door locked.

2) There was no IC posters, talking, etc., because the guilds who were robbed went crying to the GMs to get the banhammer laid down, rather than treating the offence as an IC offence. On a real role-playing server, they'd be told to suck it up, RP it out and see what happens.

3) Of course he was looking for a fourth house to rob, he was always looking for houses to rob. It's what house-thieves do. Simple solution: Keep your doors LOCKED if you don't want to be ROBBED. It's goddamn COMMON SENSE.

Leaving a GH door unlocked is as bad as unloading your platinum in the plaza and then logging out for an hour.

Sillamon

haters gonna hate
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2010, 07:25:43 pm »
I understand the development team's position on this: the roleplayers blew it in PS.

Wong. The game went down the toilet, the roleplayers, asked for help and got ignored/dismissed.
We left because the game sucked beyond repair and nobody was willing to help fix it.

Regarding the house robbery, expect to see more of this amateur rp.

In a nutshell, people who respect one another and are in it for rp will be able to resolve these problems on their own without running from gms.

MishkaL1138

• Veteran
  • Meh.
    • View Profile
haters gonna hate
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2010, 07:42:22 pm »
 :offtopic: :offtopic: :offtopic:
Akaiddo, even though I agree with you… this is off-topic. You're angry because Vak got banned. It's fine, I understand it, but this is no place to vent your rage.

BTW, I joined SkyLab (now Zeroping) to roleplay. And that's what I do EVERY SINGLE TIME I open PS and play.

>Mishka Taohren shakes a fist in anger!

"It's all fun and games until someone stabs someone else in the eye."

Geoni

• Veteran
  • -
    • View Profile
haters gonna hate
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2010, 08:18:40 pm »
Yeah it's called grieving derailment. I don't really think Vaka should have been banned if he was RPing that, but if he wasn't then he should have known how badly a PLer guild would have taken it and that they would do what they could to take him down.

-sig by sarras

Sarva

• Game Masters
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
haters gonna hate
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2010, 08:29:36 pm »
There was a good two weeks at least between the first robbery and the second and third robber. Plenty of time to get the RP going yet there
 was no RP revolving around the original house robbery.

I believe Akkaido you said that two of the3 guilds involved int eh robberies aren't RP guilds which begs the question why would you try to start a guild level RP with a non rp guild, much less two of them? By the way of the 3 guild robbed which one do you consider to be the RP guild?

Just because mechanics gives you the ability to do something doesn't mean you should. As I said lots of time if the house robberies had involved a limited number of items and no irreplaceable personal items ( like personal books) then the GMs wouldn't have gotten involved. The house thefts went way over the top with the number and types of objects taken

verden

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
haters gonna hate
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2010, 08:38:56 pm »
Wong. The game went down the toilet, the roleplayers, asked for help and got ignored/dismissed.
We left because the game sucked beyond repair and nobody was willing to help fix it.

The game went "down the toilet" and the "game sucked beyond repair" ... yes, you're right, its simply an awful game. Its terrible and horrible and, how o how, could they do this to one, after one had put sooo much effort into the game. The terrible things the roleplayers had to put up with in PS. Its just awful what the devs did. Not! Hubris... its called pride going before a fall. Roled is here, as are a number of others. People let their heads get too big, is about the size of it. Conflicts ensued. Cry me a river.

Akkaido Kivikar

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
haters gonna hate
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2010, 08:43:22 pm »
DoX are of course the RP guild.

Why shouldn't RPers attempt guild level role-plays with non-role-playing guilds on a ROLE-PLAYING server? In fact, why are non-RP guilds (who even you admit don't role-play) allowed to stay on the role-playing server?

But hey, I'm disillusioned enough now. Back on topic. If you want a role-playing server, folks, there's Conquest of the Horde (fantastic role-play there by the way), or wait until TA is released, as that team has the integrity at least to not start a role-playing server unless they're prepared to adhere to the conventions and formulas of good role-playing.

Geoni

• Veteran
  • -
    • View Profile
haters gonna hate
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2010, 08:56:00 pm »
CoTH <3

Try not to advertise it on this forum again, there are people here that might find their way there that really shouldn't be on that RP server, as much as they don't need to be on PS's RP server.

-sig by sarras

Sarva

• Game Masters
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
haters gonna hate
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2010, 08:58:46 pm »
Well I can see how much you actually know about all of this. DOX was not one of the houses that was robbed. The Houses that were robbed were Order of Light, Wayward Kingdom and the Organization. and I have seen good RP from members of all those guilds.

Also since I am filling you in none of the guilds asked for a Ban. That was an action that came straight form the GM team and all the members of the GM team who expressed an opinion all supported a ban. The only real discussion was on the length of the ban.

Illysia

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
Re: haters gonna hate
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2010, 10:11:26 pm »
*hands out hater shades in celebration of the new title* 8)

neko kyouran

« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2010, 12:00:03 am »
*hands out hater shades in celebration of the new title* 8)

Akkaido Kivikar

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2010, 12:11:58 am »
Well I can see how much you actually know about all of this. DOX was not one of the houses that was robbed. The Houses that were robbed were Order of Light, Wayward Kingdom and the Organization. and I have seen good RP from members of all those guilds.

Also since I am filling you in none of the guilds asked for a Ban. That was an action that came straight form the GM team and all the members of the GM team who expressed an opinion all supported a ban. The only real discussion was on the length of the ban.

Shows how much YOU know about it, I was watching his screen as he robbed DoX. Being a role-playing guild, they didn't cry to the GMs about it, and when they caught him in there, role-played a chase through Hydlaa.

Sorry, Sarva, you're WRONGEH.

So I guess that makes four GHs robbed then.

Sarva

• Game Masters
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2010, 12:28:01 am »
Sorry Akkaido I know the DOX house wasn't robbed. Although Dannae did leave the door open to the house of the Organization and Danne is a member of DOX so I can see how you might be confused. And I'm sure the DOX members would have complained just as the other guilds did.  Also since we have the exchange logs from the last house theft we know what was taken, Funny how the items taken in the last robbery listed Organization guild items in the personal books taken and not DOX guild items.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 12:31:37 am by Sarva »

Akkaido Kivikar

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2010, 12:32:43 am »
Perhaps you should ask Chessire which house she caught Vieg in then.