Author Topic: Four revelations and a ????  (Read 2290 times)

Roled

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Four revelations and a ????
« on: May 14, 2015, 09:33:08 pm »
Again as always, read or not, as you wish.

I have decided to reveal a few things about RR's player to address rampant assumptions.

Yet, really, I shouldn't have to. Really no one's business.

But sometimes truth telling is critical to change.  Open discussions are the only way hegemony can be addressed non violently. These disclosures about me, in my real life, are my choice to reveal.

If I am allowed to post these few revelations I will post one at a time to allow you to respond or question.

Relevation #1:
Roled Rolak's player is both in real life and in practice, a self identified heterosexual being. Always have been. No one in my immediate family that I am aware of is gay.  Some however are happy...  :woot:

me

"RR is a PieSexual" ~ Monala

Rigwyn

• Prospects
  • Forum Addict
    • View Profile
Re: Four revelations and a ????
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2015, 04:27:14 pm »

I think the days of black and white orientation have taken the back seat. There's a lot more talk now about people simply deciding for themselves what they like and don't like rather than conforming to a predefined norm. For those who fall squarely one one side of the spectrum or the other, that's certainly fine too. It's just one more possibility rather than the "right" or "wrong" orientation.

Kudos to you for exploring this with your character and making a statement at the same time. While there are many folks who are "out", there are still those who are not and would likely be comforted by your example.

Hmm... Four revelations, you say... Now that you got the elephant out of the closet, what else do you have for us to gawk at?     :p

What else could be behind those curtains....   

Donari Tyndale

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2015, 04:32:48 pm »
Revelation 4: Roled is truly following Dakkru :D

Roled

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2015, 08:52:54 pm »
HeHeHeh Donari- how could you tell??-  But remember, these are clearly my real life revelations- I haven't found a death realm from which I can return with only 15 minutes of annoyance... yet...
And Rigster- you see exactly two of my real life motivations for role playing a gay character- partially as a question posed against the hegemonic coercion of normativity, and partially as one version- and only one version- potentially- as a voice for the voiceless and as an active ally to those who are bullied in the real world and in some gaming worlds like Planeshift.

So... revelation #2 in my real life. I actually - now please don't keel over Rig, Donari and others....  ::|  and sorry to break some hearts, my armrest (hehehe Celroc)

In real life I am married. With an actual license. 

In my mainstream marriage experience, my partner and I had to FIRST get a license at the county bureau of licenses (permission under the LAW,) then wait 3 days, then when we were married, YES, in a religious setting, ( there are secrets to reveal here too!! will these be revelation #3? or #4? or #5? Tune in and find out in our next episode!) the officiant had to take us aside after the ceremony and we had to sign the formal license attesting to our non-coerced marriage ceremony  :love:. With witnesses.

I don't know if folks know that religious clergy in the USA have to be licensed by the legal authorities to perform weddings that are legally binding.  This is another real world reason why equity in marriage is important- without this legal equity, spouses do not have access to shared property, to end of life decisions, to full parental rights with offspring, biological or adopted and, I hear, 150 some other rights that different gendered partners have granted through the legal sanctioning of the marriage, from city halls or cathedrals.

Donari's hoping Dakkru conducted my ceremony but alas, unless the clergy was role playing mainstream Christian, that was not my factual reality. And Xiosia didn't show.

Who wants to guess what revelation #3 might be?

:woot:  :innocent:
me

lilura

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • report posts of yours that you want deleted
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2015, 09:29:34 pm »
Who wants to guess what revelation #3 might be?

Roled is actually Brad Takei

Monala arches a brow. "Wait, so eatin' is like..." she shakes her head. "Er, nevermind."
[1: gossip] Monala: Lilu's piesexual.

Pierre

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2015, 09:45:54 pm »
* Pierre slowly lets out her breath between clenched teeth.

Those laser surgery people cost tria, Roled.

Pierrette heads off to the most thorough laser place she knows to get that "ETERNAMENTE ROLEDITO" tattoo lasered off her butt.

Jagzer

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2015, 01:58:43 pm »
I am glad to see I am not the only one that is playing a charater that is not their orientation. The game is here for us to explore, as well as tell a good story.

Jiggs

• Traveller
  • Sage in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2015, 04:57:47 pm »
The fact that you feel there is a need to reveal these things shows, at least in part I think, that people still assume that when you roleplay, you let your rl affect it. To me, roleplaying is about doing things that I know I can't do in real life, but would really love to be able to, as well as finding someone else to be, even for a short time, to help me get away from who I am. That said, I'll admit I let a good portion of my actual personality affect my IC actions. That doesn't however, mean that those actions are OOC, just that there are some things I can't push myself to experience, even in RP... Yet. Am I allowed to guess that revelation # 3 is that there will really be 5 revelations? :P
If Roses are red... and violets are blue, why oh why can't I be purple?

Roled

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2015, 05:20:24 pm »
Jiggs - good insight I think.  Our limited human brains can't come up with entirely fabricated realities- that would be gibbberish- if the binfuzzles are by nature jerantropicons..  so we take bits and pieces of experiential, philosophic and socially conditioned realities, and attempt to communicate using ever changing symbolic thought pictures we call words. So of course you're right that a good portion of our actual personalities influence our rp characters AND we get to experiment with other good portions of our characters in ways our real life beings do or never would or don't have the courage or the physical strength or the emotional desire to actually 'be'.  Nothing wrong with imagination!

Jagzer, yeah- to explore and tell a good story. And I would suggest, sometimes to intellectually experience that story as if it were real for that character- something I think Roled does to the best of his player's ability.

Mia amorousa- sorry about the lazer surgery... can I still be Roledito?? I could have "my armrest" butt inked too, if mutual suffering would help!

HAAH #3 is not that there are #4 and #5... good guess!

SO for #3 would you rather I post the thing I think will surprise other players the most, or the thing I think may influence other players in their rp's with Roled, by knowing what I am about to reveal about my real life? These are of course my GUESSES about what you my fellow rps might think ... it might be interesting to see.  And no I am not Charlie Manson. Honest! Not Charlie Manson.... :P

What do you want first, most potentially surprising or most potentially influencing in your own rps towards Roled?

By the way I will throw another revelation in the pot. In real life I don't like pie all that much...
 :whistling:

/me

Volki

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2015, 09:55:16 pm »
Maybe this belongs on the off topic board? General discussion is meant to be related to the game, and I could not care less about identity politics.
Lace dark dreadfull power inside him awakens now fully resultin his former self comin back lord of dark noble house shantae of mevango family lacertus shadowone mevango also knowed as darkblade of shadows

Demagul Riwe

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Demagul, Veirys, Fenoren, and more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2015, 10:01:36 pm »
 ::| GASP  :o

H-how!? Why!? This pie revelation just broke Planeshift for me...

Pierre

« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2015, 11:20:54 pm »
::| GASP  :o

H-how!? Why!? This pie revelation just broke Planeshift for me...

cracking up ;D and yes you are still and always Roledito, don't worry about that :love:  an armrest tattoo!!  Special Nina Nico Pierettina :)  I only got my tattoo modified, not lasered off, since I caught this message when I was at the parlor...now it says "INFERNAL ROLEDITO" and I really love it.

Keep 'em coming!!

Rigwyn

• Prospects
  • Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2015, 11:56:05 pm »
Roled,

You know, I'm fine with the whole gay thing and the was-just-pretending thing, but the anti-pie thing is just wrong. I'm afraid that puts you in the "them" category. I'm sorry, but I don't want anyone to think that I don't like pie either. We should part ways.

Roled

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2015, 12:34:31 am »
OK revelation #3 I guess will be my choice- this is the one that I think will perhaps surprise some or most of the players who know Roled in game.

And again the caveat- read or not, as you will.  I do contend, in the discussion of what is OOC and what is IC- and since Roled has been accused of speaking OOCly, I am substantiating the point that Roled was being Roled then, quite different from me being me now. Similarities- of course. Off topic? - when game powers make accusations that are unfounded and inaccurate, well, perhaps something may be gained from examining some of the assumptions on which such accusations rely.

As if I need to justify this point to .. well never-mind.

So.
I am 62 years old- by the Gregorian calendar not by Yliakum's cycles.  :o ?

[Me asks, Is anyone surprised? Me answers myself, maybe not... you old coot!  ::| It does however raise my curiosity if age will make any difference to the folks I've been rping with for the past 8 years in PS...  :detective:  But apparently the more shocking thing is the pie admission!  :sweatdrop:]

Corollary- After a 30+ year career as a live theatre director, touring performer and playwright, I moved on to teaching, writing and research.  Now I teach graduate seminars in philosophy, the history of social justice movements, directing for the theatre, research methods and interdisciplinary inquiry approaches as well as giving writing assistance and providing editing services to people writing undergraduate senior and master's degree papers and to playwrights. Oh and I've written a good handful or more of the newer quests in Planeshift- Venalan did the technical scripting part. I wrote the storylines and dialogues.

Perhaps these life experiences performing as characters in plays, writing characters in plays and screenplays and directing actors in full length shows has given me some confidence in my abilities to create and sustain nuanced characters.
Maybe. But heck I'm not a celebrity... just an artist.

Because of this controversy, I dropped out of the Shindrok project after writing several characters and quests and a long position paper on the world of the "bosses" and out of another full sequence of new quests in Amdeneir. I would certainly like to contine that work, but until I can feel that I am being treated fairly by the powers, I cannot support adding my work to their control.  I told  each of the people I was working with on these projects that this disrespectful treatment of me is the reason I stopped contributing.

But on to the last revelation....  as this thread perhaps nears its end...

NOW WHAT IN THE WORLD IS #4???  :whistling:

me

Volki

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2015, 01:04:47 am »
You're actually a woman.
Lace dark dreadfull power inside him awakens now fully resultin his former self comin back lord of dark noble house shantae of mevango family lacertus shadowone mevango also knowed as darkblade of shadows