Author Topic: Rigwyn for GM  (Read 2224 times)

Eonwind

• Developers
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Re: Rigwyn for GM
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2015, 04:59:42 am »
Eonwind for example, said of Rigwyn, that Rig wouldn't be "accepted,"
False. I said Rigwyn would not be fitting for the GM leadership position. I didn't say he's unfitting for a GM position; weather or not he is will be discussed with the usual procedure in case an application will be submitted.

yet we players don't know why, really, do we?   Is it because Eonwind doesn't like Rigwyn's already significant power in our game? Or Rigwyn's obvious intelligence? Or Rig's technical skills? Or his imagination?  Or his logic? Or his massive sense of humor? Or how much fun he is to role play with?
Like I already said I don't like telling in public personal opinion about single persons. I think it's not polite, not educated, can be perceived as a personal attack even if is not meant to be. As a general rule of thumb anyone interested in knowing what I think about him/her can speak with me directly. Regarding a more general position like GM leader it's not even about personal preferences, there are sets of requirements but still when it comes to single persons it's not polite to say person X lacks Y, Z, W requirements etc. I also wants to stress the point the team do not hate Rigwyn, I have personally appreciated his work as a prospect when we collaborated on a task and I liked some of his RP threads in game as a player.

What makes Rigwyn 'unacceptable' and Eonwind 'acceptable'?  This is a serious question.
Eonwind is not the GM leader so what would Rigwyn exactly be unacceptable for that Eonwind would be acceptable for?
To be a serious question it's poorly worded at best.

Eonwind claims that PlaneShift isn't a democracy yet offers no reason why it is not a democracy [...]  And I would like to know what laws apply to the kind of organization that PS is, and under what country those regulations govern. Is it Italy?
Read again my post and you will find the answer, I don't like to write things twice. Refer to the website for the structure chart: http://www.planeshift.it/Join%20Us, also read back the ABC licence you signed to find the answers you're looking for.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2015, 03:57:17 pm by Eonwind »

Wocib

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2015, 06:36:07 am »
First, is Rigwyn really want to become GM ?
If yes let him apply and wait for the process to be done

« Last Edit: June 14, 2015, 04:22:57 pm by lilura »

Roled

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2015, 09:29:09 pm »
Again Eonwind obfuscates.

What are the requirements of being a GM? How are GM's found fitting or not? How are candidates reviewed and trained? May we see the manual? These are not a personal questions, they are systemic questions.

Why isn't the game democratically governed? Who decided that? When? Why?

Why is it difficult to engage in substantive discussion with leadership?

And whether or not one likes the weather, English is the language of the forums. Apparently 'satire' is a word some might wish to look up.  And 'a modest proposal'.... one might wish to look that up, too.

RR

"RR is a PieSexual" ~ Monala

lilura

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • report posts of yours that you want deleted
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2015, 10:04:20 pm »
here rick roled http://www.hydlaaplaza.com/smf/index.php?topic=32697.0  maybe that can answer some questions

now lets get back to talking about riggy  ;D

I hear his hair is insured for 10,000 tria

Monala arches a brow. "Wait, so eatin' is like..." she shakes her head. "Er, nevermind."
[1: gossip] Monala: Lilu's piesexual.

Garris Shrike

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • The Mad Irishman
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2015, 11:46:28 am »
I heard his butt's worth at least 20 billion circles.
Garris Shrike.
A lady's man. That lady's friend's man. That lady's friend's sister's man.
He will be missed.
M. R., also known as Lurch

Roled

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2015, 12:58:11 pm »
 \\o//   \\o//  THANK YOU THANK YOU LILURA!~!!!!!    \\o//   \\o//
I might even give you some of my pie.. on second thought, nope, but thank you!!

* Roled reads - ah, "Proficiency in English" is a qualification, ah, interesting...

Lilura- how can I find out who is on the GM team right now, and their GM character names please? 

here rick roled http://www.hydlaaplaza.com/smf/index.php?topic=32697.0  maybe that can answer some questions

now lets get back to talking about riggy  ;D

I hear his hair is insured for 10,000 tria

Rigs hair is greasy but long- tres Fabio... it's his hands and his eyes that I worry about.... I know a guy who can make him a wig...

Thanks!! Leave it to Lilu!!! :thumbup:  :thumbup:

RR dances
http://www.theverge.com/2014/7/19/5918645/the-original-rickroll-video-has-disappeared-from-youtube
"RR is a PieSexual" ~ Monala

Rigwyn

• Prospects
  • Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 15, 2015, 03:37:25 pm »
Heh ... Scalping. I never thought of that!

Garris Shrike

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • The Mad Irishman
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 15, 2015, 03:49:09 pm »
Come now, it's as old as the hills!

What's life without a good scalping or two?
Garris Shrike.
He will be missed.

Rigwyn

• Prospects
  • Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 15, 2015, 03:58:45 pm »
Stop it Garris, you are giving me plot bunnies :)

* Rigwyn crowns painfully and passes a fluffy woiperdinger

Garris Shrike

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • The Mad Irishman
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 15, 2015, 04:37:35 pm »
* Garris Shrike watches.

That really looks painful - can I help?

* Garris Shrike gets his surgical knife and puts on his breathing mask.
Garris Shrike.
He will be missed.

Geoni

• Veteran
  • -
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 15, 2015, 04:50:08 pm »
I heard his butt's worth at least 20 billion circles.

It used to be, but all of the circles had to be sent below the dome for weathering repair.  :P

-sig by sarras

Siteya

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 15, 2015, 05:39:48 pm »
I think one of the most overlooked aspects in the management of PS is the one thing that makes the game so unique, it is primarily a role play game, and the quests are great, yes you can level, but much of the die hard community loves this game for the role play. I am pleased at the gm inspired events, and it is nice to see some of them bridging a gap that is much needed. But I really think the team needs diplomatic role players to step up and smooth over the riffs between players and the team, help build a stronger rp community, build a fortified bridge, we need a lorax on the team. I know this has been mentioned before and should be handled with kid gloves, but seriously I think it would help to improve so many of the issues of "Us vs them" This roleplay/public relations GM would then need to be voted in by the players to ensure that they are actually capable of good rp and also heard and respected. Rigwyn is the kind of person that can handle that sort of title, he is diplomatic, always focused more on story development then personal character gain, he knows the settings and the technicalities. With that being said, many online games that are pay to play use polls and voting, this only helps to improve the relationship between the team and the players, growing the level of contentment and enjoyment and also it is free marketing research. PS could stand for more of that. On an end note, PS is in need of a new kind of GM, that the game has not truly seen yet. The first poll  should be to ask those that roleplay, what sort of attributes do you think a GM should possess to help build a better RP community?

Volki

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 15, 2015, 08:39:59 pm »
tbh what I really want to see is a GM-like position which allows a person to act as a game master, but in a more roleplaying sense. Ability to move and spawn objects, teleport players, lock items. But no kick/ban permissions. Someone to act as a dungeon master, lead events, and help players with their own. Essentially someone who is still a player, but is trusted enough by the developers, GM team, and players to be given extra permissions for the purpose of enhancing roleplay.

From my understanding of psychology, someone who may be great at dealing with players' crises and rooting out bots might not be the right choice for roleplay. Same for someone who may be great at formulating stories and catching players' interests may not be right for dealing with bad behavior/hackers.
Lace dark dreadfull power inside him awakens now fully resultin his former self comin back lord of dark noble house shantae of mevango family lacertus shadowone mevango also knowed as darkblade of shadows

Rigwyn

• Prospects
  • Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 15, 2015, 09:01:21 pm »
tbh what I really want to see is a GM-like position which allows a person to act as a game master, but in a more roleplaying sense. Ability to move and spawn objects, teleport players, lock items. But no kick/ban permissions. Someone to act as a dungeon master, lead events, and help players with their own. Essentially someone who is still a player, but is trusted enough by the developers, GM team, and players to be given extra permissions for the purpose of enhancing roleplay.

Exactly. You need a DM, not a "Police + GM".  When you try to appoint someone to do both you ended up getting lackluster results at both policing and gming because the two jobs require different skill sets. ( This is why your smartest folks are not necessarily the most successful and vice versa - yet another shortfall of intelligence testing )

As a player though, you have the freedom to run your own events as you wish. I really don't understand why people get so hung up on spawned items and creatures. You don't need to wait for a gm who knows how to role play to appear. Get out there and run your own events. If you need help, ask on the forums and you will get enough feedback to swim in.

The problem is, few folks want do the work of DMing, and of the few who do, I suspect they are somehow inhibited or reluctant to try.

The fun that you get out of DMing is a lot different than the kind of fun that you get out of participating in another person's event. It's not better or worse, but just a different kind of fun.

Bonifarzia

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 16, 2015, 03:02:46 am »
Errm, isn't this exactly what the different GM-ranks are good for?
Maybe sometimes actions by GMs or devs do not please everyone, but hey, I think it is already good if some GMs are around at all.
Also, I think it is cool that some player-driven events were assisted by GMs (e.g. creating and or locking down decoration). I don't think missing privileges stop players from running events or engaging in RP.
On topic: Just let Rigwyn do whatever he likes. If he joins the GM team, it does not have to be known to everyone. *shrug*