Author Topic: Roled's Pi contest on Monday 3-14 at 3 pm Pacific Daylight Time- TRIA PRIZE!  (Read 450 times)

Roled

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Roled is hungry and rich.

He is offering a prize of 314,159 tria for the best baked good in the land.

The contest will start at 3 pm PDT, (my time,) for an hour or two depending on who shows up, in the basement of Kada Els.

Players DO NOT HAVE TO HAVE THE SKILL OF COOKING to participate. Please arrive with something resembling a Yliakum baked good. Give Roled your name and the name of your entry. Then when your turn comes, you describe your entry as rp. Just describe your pie.. um... whatever you make, and have your description be delicious and luscious and excessively wondrous fine.  Confectioneries will be judged on taste, a creative and original combination of ingredients, presentation, color, texture, difficulty, abundance and beauty of design.

You must be present to win.  Alts are encouraged but only one entry per player please.

Entrants will then set their item on the main table, with a book explaining the pastry and it's creative and unique attributes. 

Roled will ask each entrant a few questions, like the Great British Bake Off if you've ever seen that show.  I may recruit another "expert" judge or two. Then Roled will ask every one to taste every pie... um, baked good, after listening to everyone's description.

Then everyone present can vote by telling Roled their choice. One vote per PLAYER only please...  and then Roled and the other official judges will discuss the popular vote AND their own vote.

And then Roled will announce the winner, since RR is giving the prize! Then we all get to eat.  And drink. Stonehammers welcome....  :whistling:

Wanna play??  :thumbup:
"RR is a PieSexual" ~ Monala

Rigwyn

• Prospects
  • Forum Addict
    • View Profile
Just describe your pie..

There is coffee everywhere and I need a new keyboard now. Thanks, Roled.  ;D

Roled

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
you're so scatalogical Rigster....  :love:

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
\\o// Hooray, pi-les of pi-es!

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

lilura

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • report posts of yours that you want deleted
    • View Profile
He is offering a prize of 314,159 tria

I see what you did there

Monala arches a brow. "Wait, so eatin' is like..." she shakes her head. "Er, nevermind."
[1: gossip] Monala: Lilu's piesexual.

Siteya

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Siteya will be there...or someone attached to me, if I can do the time conversion right :P

Venalan

• Global Moderator
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
He is offering a prize of 314,159 tria

I see what you did there

HA!

I was wondering what that amount was for, now I see it.

Roled

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
THANKS TO ALL WHO PARTICIPATED in the Great Yliakum Bake Off!
[/size]

Roled and Aniroho, both members of the Knowledge Seekers Guild, served as tasters and judges for the tournament, as competitors vied for the title and the 314,159 tria first prize.

The winner of the pi prize and title of "Best Baker in the Dome" was Lady Deryna who presented a tasty, buttery, cinnamon spicy morning bread- fresh and sweet and made from a recipe she learned from her family on the farm. It was wondrous fine AND edible!  Congratulations Deryna!

One contestant had to be eliminated after attempting to poison the judges with raw clacker meat dredged in dirt from the floor and garnished with a raw diseased rat eye. Hydlaa's Guards, tho' right outside, seemed indifferent to the possibility of attempted poisoning of citizens in the most popular tavern in the Dome, but, well, the Guards seem to have better things to do, like denying citizen's rights, ah, but I digress...

A special Creativity award was bestowed on Sir Gonger of the Bounty Hunters, for his unique creation of Coal Pie. The ore was well cooked and sharded easily, and its charred-coal quality certainly aided the digestion of all who dared... had the pleasure of tasting it. Only one tooth was broken in the sampling of the Coal Pie. Congratulations Sir Gonger.  :o

Special thanks to Grindulf, Arane, Aliane, Rykia, and Yenida for adding to the celebration and excitement!  :thumbup:

Roled is still hungry, quite a bit less rich in the pouch, and very grateful for all those who chose to play their roles in the Great Yliakum Bake-Off! Thank you!  \\o//