Author Topic: Sharven Holy Script Quest  (Read 1676 times)

iriss

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Sharven Holy Script Quest
« on: April 15, 2007, 01:56:44 pm »
I am stuck with the Sharven Holy Script Quest. The script is in my inventory, but Sharven does not except it. I keep on getting the message, Sharven does not need this item. This keeps me from finishing any other quests. Is there solution in solving this?
Have loads of fun with Planeshift!

Ithwaynn

Karyuu

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Sharven Holy Script Quest
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2007, 01:58:27 pm »
Do you have any other quests open, that might involve Sharven and that you can discard? If the answer to both is yes, do so :) They may be interfering with one another.
Judge: Are you trying to show contempt for this court, Mr Smith?
Smith: No, My Lord. I am attempting to conceal it.

Idoru

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2007, 02:18:31 pm »
I remember having to restart this quest about 3 times before he finally took the thing. Didnt discard any other quests to get it to work in the end.

"May there only be peaceful and cheerful Earth Days to come for our beautiful Spaceship Earth as it continues to spin and circle in frigid space with its warm and fragile cargo of animate life."

iriss

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2007, 01:38:20 am »
I don't have any other quests open, involving Sharven. I have The Murago Punthal Quick favour and Kimlorm's prayer book as well as the Lorytia Starhammer clan reunion pending, and can't get any of them resolved. None would take the item they need. Maybe because the Script Quest is still pending, I don't know. The problem is, I can't discard any of them.
How do you restart a quest?
« Last Edit: April 17, 2007, 03:47:40 am by iriss »

Ithwaynn

bilbous

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2007, 10:14:00 am »
The problem is likely that you have not found the proper keyword to trigger acceptance of the item. You cannot always just dump an item on an NPC and have them take it. Also if they require more than one item at any point you often have to give then one at a time in the proper order.

iriss

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2007, 01:32:06 am »
Thank you, well, I will keep on trying.
Another question though, if there are two quests, which might interfere with each other, will I still be able to get them done in any way? or can quests be reset by GM's?
I am talking about Kimlorms Rise of Talad and Murago Puntjal's Symbols of Talad. Both require each others help, and both of them do not respond either. People where mentioning restarting a quest. Unfortunately, all my quests I have at the moment can not be discarded from my book.

Ithwaynn

Josellis

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2007, 03:21:08 am »
Personally, I had at one stage about 10 active quests at the same time, and had only one solvable problem.

It seems as if the characters responses get overwritten by new quests, however, I do not know yet if the overwritten responses get restored when the second quest is finished (I don't think so). For my quest, all I had to do to reactive the overwritten answers was to simply go one step backwards in the quest.

eg Talk to A, he will give you A1, then bring A1 to person B, he will then ask you to talk to C who will give you object C1, give object C1 to B and will then give you the object F and the quest is done.

Now, if you have another quest involving character F, try going back one step and give object C1 to B, and if that doesn't work, go back another step (talk to C), et caetera, et caetera.

iriss

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2007, 03:50:42 am »
Thank you, but I tried that already, but you know how the NPC's react, lol. Never understand a word! It is just such a pitty about the Kimlorm quest as it involves a nice reward, also I need this quest solved as part of a whole package to enter the Winch quest. I will keep on trying!
But if anybody else has a good idea how to deal with this problem, I will mostly appreciate letting me know!

Ithwaynn

Josellis

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2007, 02:50:29 am »
To know the exact words to say, go into your quest notes and if you don't keep some, well, ask other people (buddy, guilds, players) or you can always do "/who lead" to find any leaders online (they often are experienced players, and probably keep quest logs). Remember to be polite when asking strangers, and introduce yourself :D

iriss

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2007, 04:59:22 am »
Thank you for the tip. Id keep a log, but unfortunately it seems, there is nothing to say. Just hand the item over. I do appologise if this is some sort of a spoiler. However upon contacting a GM in game, she mentioned a problem report with this specific quest. I will have to wait for new updates to have this fixed.
Unfortunately I have two more quest involving the same NPC's now interfering with each other. I'll have to see on how to solve that problem.

Also, I would like to mention, that it is an honor playing PS. It is an extremely friendly and kind game. It is most enjoyable venturing through the world. I am glad I found it!  :thumbup:

Ithwaynn

Josellis

« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2007, 01:18:51 am »
You're welcome to PlaneShift :)

just another trick you can do to unblock a quest blocked at a part when you have to give something, get a new quest items. That can be easily done by creating another character, starting the quest, getting the quest item and then giving it your proper character :)

iriss

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2007, 01:52:00 am »
That is a wonderfull idea! I will try that. Thanks!  :flowers:

Edit: Didn't work. He doesn't want to take the book - he does not need that item! I guess I'll have to wait for Quest updates.  :(

« Last Edit: April 20, 2007, 08:26:37 am by iriss »

Ithwaynn

Josellis

« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2007, 09:19:18 am »
Well at least, you can't say you didn't try :)

Candy

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2008, 09:14:49 pm »
I don't have any other quests open, involving Sharven. I have The Murago Punthal Quick favour and Kimlorm's prayer book as well as the Lorytia Starhammer clan reunion pending, and can't get any of them resolved. None would take the item they need. Maybe because the Script Quest is still pending, I don't know. The problem is, I can't discard any of them.
How do you restart a quest?

I have the same problem with The Murago Punthal Quick Favor. Hopefully that will be fixed soon.
Role Play Preferences
[1: gossip] Glaciusor: There's now a guy in skimpy armor having war flashbacks about daemons. Have fun Hydlaa

Siteri Kidachi

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2008, 09:25:25 pm »
I was under the impression that the problem with quests interfering with each other had been fixed in SB...