Author Topic: A general apology from Mishka  (Read 971 times)

MishkaL1138

• Veteran
  • Meh.
    • View Profile
A general apology from Mishka
« on: August 25, 2017, 11:57:44 am »
Hello PlaneShifters,

Over the course of the last few weeks I have come to realize many things. It has only been possible thanks to friends trying to beat sense into me, insisting that I could change, and even people whom I don't know how to classify, but that cared enough, or at least were honorable enough to tell me the truth and how they felt about me. Many red faces, tears, and mopping sessions later, I am willing to admit I have done wrong, and move on along a path that hopefully will help me fix or mitigate most of the harm I've done to people in the past.

I joined PlaneShift in June 2010 (that's 7 years now, to put you in perspective) as a happy-go-lucky person with little to no knowledge of English, enough to fend myself around the world, and not much more. During the course of the first year or two, I had slowly began to turn into something that would define me for the years to come, up until now.

I became callous, resentful, pushy, demeaning, condescending, unnecessarily mean, rude, and a long et cetera of qualificatives that turned me into a figurative and literal troll. And I say literal because the bigger my contempt grew, the further down I dug the hole in which I found myself. I looked back, and saw all the bridges I had burnt, the ones I had let rot, and all the chaos I caused among people who once cared about me.

For a very long time I let the petty stuff get to me, making a world out of every issue, blowing everything out of proportion. I became enemies with many people, and some of them either still hate me, or just don't care about me (or yes, even the game, just to avoid me) enough anymore. I looked back and they are many more than I can remember, and those I remember I don't have enough fingers in my hands to count, I'm afraid.

Finally I realized all this, remembered all the people I hurt, many of them very good people and even former friends of me, and it just became unbearable. I couldn't believe that I had done that to people that once cared so much about me, and I literally (in the figurative sense) stabbed them in the back, for no other reason than paranoia or pettiness. By addition, I also hurt the people close to those, causing even more resentment and sour feelings, and distancing myself further from people.

I'd like to come clean to all of you, and apologize. Because I've been an asshole (sorry for the strong word), petty and reckless, and for hurting so many people. I'm not asking for second chances, but I would really like to atone for my sins, whichever they might be. I know not many will want anything to do with me, but those who do are more than welcome to address me, publicly or privately, and we can talk it through. I assure you than more often than not I will be sorry that I was such a bad person to you.

Yours sincerely, Mishka

"It's all fun and games until someone stabs someone else in the eye."

Damola

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: A general apology from Mishka
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2017, 02:37:08 pm »
Let me do just one simple thing at this time:

* Damola offers a loving hug to Mischka
Love,
Damola

qtdermboi

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2017, 05:52:22 pm »
You've come a long way, Mishka. Congrats on your turnaround!
« Last Edit: August 25, 2017, 09:02:52 pm by lilura »

Zweitholou

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Art Department Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2017, 07:07:43 pm »
I'm not on here much, so all I remember is getting birthday wishes from you last year. So only good memories from me! Hooray for self reflection and good intentions and best of luck going forward.  :)

cdmoreland

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Main: Waesed Waesech
    • View Profile
    • Ad Libertatem
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2017, 08:03:21 pm »
Good luck, Mishka.

Illysia

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2017, 07:08:34 pm »
I've never had a problem with you Mishka, but I'm glad you've decided to make positive changes in your life. I hope this helps you in your virtual life and real life. :thumbup:

Side note: You didn't know a lot of english when you started? ??? I never knew that.

Dilihin

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • you can always find me on IRC: JeHugawa @freenode
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2017, 01:09:02 am »
Side note: You didn't know a lot of english when you started? ??? I never knew that.
Mostly people don't.

MishkaL1138

• Veteran
  • Meh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2017, 06:58:56 am »
Mostly people don't.

Like Dilihin, for example  ;D

Rigwyn

• Prospects
  • Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2017, 07:04:57 am »

Does this mean no more snarky posts and meme pics from you? If so, that really sucks.

MishkaL1138

• Veteran
  • Meh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2017, 10:32:40 am »
Snark/burns and memes don't mean being an ass! You can be playful and educate while burning someone...

Dilihin

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • you can always find me on IRC: JeHugawa @freenode
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2017, 10:59:07 am »
Mostly people don't.

Like Dilihin, for example  ;D
can't deny really.

Catlemur

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Death or Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2017, 11:28:56 am »
Another insincere attention grab of a drama post. Who would have expected that? Lets be honest you will keep ruining people's gameplay experience just like you did in the past. Coming back here from time to time just to enjoy that sweet sweet attention you so desperately  crave. Sad to say the least.

MishkaL1138

• Veteran
  • Meh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2017, 11:33:43 am »
Another insincere attention grab of a drama post. Who would have expected that? Lets be honest you will keep ruining people's gameplay experience just like you did in the past. Coming back here from time to time just to enjoy that sweet sweet attention you so desperately  crave. Sad to say the least.

I really wonder what you win from doing this.

gonger

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2017, 12:26:29 pm »

Shame on you.

Ecthion

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2017, 03:23:49 pm »
Mishka, I think most of us here have been at the point where everything seems to merit a snap and a snarl some time in our lives (I certainly have). Good on you for realizing where you were at and making the changes to not only better yourself but also to repair the bridges you realized you burned. It takes a strong person to realize wrongdoing and an even stronger one to publicly apologize for it. I apologize to you for the part I played in a few unsavory exchanges involving you over the years.