Author Topic: Four revelations and a ????  (Read 2306 times)

Pierre

Re: Four revelations and a ????
« Reply #45 on: June 06, 2015, 11:02:04 am »
It's a game created by and played by humans.  So things happen that also happen IRL - some of us playing wanted gay marriage to be legal - team said (via Eonwind) that it wasn't legal and that any gay marriages were OOC.

Roled created an event and the character spoke of the illegality of gay marriage and wanting to bring the issue before the god(s).  His player was given a warning during his own event for being OOC.

The way the situation was dealt with afterward - no apologies, no retraction of the warning (after a warning you get a kick then a ban, warnings are not toothless) and from some few corners personally attacking RR - showed that we as a community have areas in need of improvement (let's say).

That's very clear from anyone following the threads.  Serious insults are left to stand.  The logs - which show an event totally derailed by the GM team - are ignored, and I say ignored because they show clearly that he was IC all the way through and that the warning was unwarranted.

This didn't get addressed or fixed by anyone on the team - so it is natural, even if not correct, to assume that the team as a whole suffers from the issues raised by RR and others.

I appreciate Candy and Venalan addressing the issues.

I'll do my best to stay off the thread since RR is my friend and the flamers and trolls are best neatly avoided  :love: :love: :love:

EDIT:  I better give credit though - in the threads from the event fallout, there was some seriously decent moderating.  Not all insults stood, I was wrong about that, apologies and gratitude to the team for attending to it.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 11:05:22 am by Pierre »

MishkaL1138

• Veteran
  • Meh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 06, 2015, 03:59:35 pm »

Just go play the monday-sunday game, guys. I'm starting to smell the fried brains over here. For your own good, play the game. I don't want to pick up the liquefied brains from the ground when they start pouring from your nostrils.

"It's all fun and games until someone stabs someone else in the eye."

Wocib

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 25, 2015, 01:20:54 pm »
Well, in some other countries than yours (which isnt the world's center), Mariages can only be religious, so your post once again doesnt really means something.

Pierre

« Reply #48 on: June 25, 2015, 01:53:22 pm »
Ha, alarming and interesting short article Roledito.  I didn't realize that one of the US supreme court justices is quite ignorant about a topic he knew he'd be discussing that day.  Do your homework, creature.

* Pierre shakes her head.

And Wocib, RR's post contains information about one part of the globe.  It's relevant.  The fact that many countries, particularly in the Middle East, do not have civil marriages, is another piece of information that could also be relevant if you have any articles that discuss the issues RR is bringing up in his thread.

Volki

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 25, 2015, 08:19:00 pm »
He's saying Roled's point of view suffers ethnocentrism.

Roled's experiences are far different and opposite of my own, so it seems she is suffering from an ethnocentric bias even in her own country. I agree with many of Roled's opinions, but there are some extreme ones which I simply can't, due to my own lived experiences.

I fear this is becoming a subversive thread for discussing politics, not for debate but rather a pedestal from which one person can preach her views and ignore criticism. This does not belong on this forum.
Lace dark dreadfull power inside him awakens now fully resultin his former self comin back lord of dark noble house shantae of mevango family lacertus shadowone mevango also knowed as darkblade of shadows