Author Topic: the old intro  (Read 859 times)

derula

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • My main: Jamona Shikon
    • View Profile
    • Ugly Horst Tld.
Re: the old intro
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2011, 06:22:58 am »
http://www.planeshift.it/news_2007.html

Uhm... I don't remember exactly. I know I was in MB though. I remember running round the dungeon picking crystals off the ground and jumping from the windowless tower without dying. I also remember climbing houses with Fenki-Jamona; maybe that was CB already? And when the model came, I recreated her as dermo with ol' MB inventory which was still possible because of the semi-wipe. I was kind of glad because I re-got the ring of the past I accidentally dropped when I created her as a fenki. Yes, that's how it must've happened.

I WANT MY MOLECULAR BLUE MYPLANE ACHIEVEMENT!! :((

Aiwendil

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2011, 06:30:45 am »
Sorry...can't be much of a help there. The model currently used for the female dermorian was for sure introduced in CB..as I still remember seeing it for the first time. Just not so sure anymore what model was used before that...I thought it was the female ynnwn model...but it's a long time ago ;).

*Gives derula a "My char is old enough to even change it's race without anyone noticing it" achievement*

Mordaan

• Developers
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2011, 09:18:19 am »
I joined in early 2004 and the DermorianF model was already in MB.  I am thinking it was there from the beginning.  There were a lot of notable Dermorians around, like Kada-El, Gronomist, Agara, and Explorers founder Havena.

Then, yes, they disappeared when CB came out and reintroduced with a new model in 2007 as was stated.  It needed to happen, those MB models were bigger than Ylian males and looked all discomboblated when running.   ;D
--Overseer, Explorers Guild.

derula

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Ugly Horst Tld.
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2011, 03:17:25 pm »
It needed to happen, those MB models were bigger than Ylian males and looked all discomboblated when running.   ;D

IIRC all character models had to be rebuilt for CB because a new CEL ... thing ... Crystal Space related part specifically for character models was introduced. I just can't remember running around as a Dermorian in MB, but it must have been that way, because Jamona is older than my PS account.

I do recall though I once accidentally robbed some strangers in Hydlaa. They were trading Crystals, and because there was no trade feature they had to put it on the ground. Because there also was no guard feature, everyone could take it. I just thought "Oh nice, found some Crystals" and took them. Then, they were inexplicably mad at me xD

Those were the days! I wish we could put up an MB server somewhere, that would be awesome![/half-jokingly]

Heh, somebody lock this thread; the original question has been answered and it's off-topic now.

Elvicat

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
    • My site
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2011, 07:10:49 pm »
someone find my a pic of the old ojaroad that was in cb, i so miss that forresty feeling, not talking about the magic shop area but that was on ojaroad too before :)

DarkraTantellion

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2011, 07:26:02 pm »
someone find my a pic of the old ojaroad that was in cb, i so miss that forresty feeling, not talking about the magic shop area but that was on ojaroad too before :)

What is CB?

steuben

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2011, 10:32:11 pm »
citizen band. but given context though cb is crystal blue. the version .3 series of planeshift
may laanx frighten the shadow from my path.
hardly because the shadow built the lexx.
the shadow will frighten laanx from my path.

Maisent

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2011, 02:40:29 am »
I Rmember that, i miss the old rogue in the forest

derula

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Ugly Horst Tld.
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2011, 06:43:33 pm »
I Rmember that, i miss the old rogue in the forest

I miss the library being next to the plaza and the lack of fall damage.

potare

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Potare the great
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2011, 11:07:04 pm »
those were the days ;)