Author Topic: Best torrent to use for new client.  (Read 4046 times)

Andrek

• Hydlaa Resident
  • Your mom liked it!
    • View Profile
Re: Best torrent to use for new client.
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2007, 01:27:57 am »
I changed less than 3 min after I made my post... but the server is still not up :D  LoL

So I will try again after I sleep... my leader meeting was great!  LoL
I'm taking a shower.  Don't think of me as dirty, naked will do just fine ;)

bilbous

« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2007, 11:39:34 am »
I used bittornado it took a little over 1/2 an hour to get the windows client, averaged about 80k/sec I think. Guess I'll wait for the linux version as the game crashed in winblows. might have been my onboard GeF4 and old drivers as it initially was ok at 1280x1024 fullscreen aside from a little color bleeding where the graphics resized. Could have been residual processes too, did not stay in windows to find out as the server was unavailable anyway.

Andrek

• Hydlaa Resident
  • Your mom liked it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2007, 12:24:48 pm »
The server continually says failed connection when I have tried :p
I'm taking a shower.  Don't think of me as dirty, naked will do just fine ;)

Shurrim

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2007, 03:11:51 pm »
I used the so slow Bitrocket for downloading the client.. wow i got 420k/s... never had more than 80 before..
But now i have to find a way to unlock the pc my friend gave me with an expired Vista.... that doesnt allow me to boot on something else than the hd... (yes even with the bios options changed)
I will probably be able to do it when the mac client will be released.. and when the server will be up  :D

Damienov

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2007, 03:19:20 pm »
I used utorrent simple and very small client. was using azureus, great feature but kinda bloated

Zelfuro Mirageon

• Traveller
  • Elemental Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2007, 03:29:50 pm »
I use UTorrent, it uses the smallest amount of resources of any of the clients I've used(which is most of them) and it's got some nice little features. I tweaked mine and was able to get about 670kbs at some points, and stayed around 600kbs on average. Now servers up please!  \\o//