Author Topic: Server unstable do quests at own risk... (client .3.19)  (Read 3280 times)

Noerden

• Wayfarer
  • Sword mook
    • View Profile
Re: Server unstable do quests at own risk...
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2007, 06:46:27 pm »
Hmm.  People in Australia should be able to connect on the whole second only to Singapore itself and Malaysia.  We do have a pipe more or less direct to Singapore - the most latent part is the hop through Perth for me (but it's still quicker than travelling the Southern Cross out to Hawaii, then through Seattle, and wherever it might go from there - so we're lucky, because that's always on the cards.  I mean, it's a significantly fatter pipe, but, speed of light, dudes - so restrictive when travelling all the way across the planet just to get to SG).  I regularly get between 120 and 150, with occasional spikes at around 215, very rarely as high as 300.

When it's working, of course.

As for the NPC quests - well, I'd been wandering why a quest that I'd done before in a different character was failing despite doing it exactly the same way  X-/
But hey, eventually the characters' stats will all be deleted and we get to start over again, right?  ;D
I am the hunter.  You are the prey.  Run, or eat seax.

- Renegade, Saxon.

Merrie

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2007, 09:03:07 pm »
If you cant quest, roleplay or host a little event of some type. Many of the quests connect to each other, so being careful what you choose at this stage till things get a bit more settled is a consideration.

Zhaxor

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2007, 12:06:42 pm »
Do we have any Korean players? I would love to know what their latency is.

I'm in Australia, Perth, and often play with a friend from Korea, I also have a very low latency, usually in the very low 100's. If I get disconnected while we are playing I always check to see if she was dissconnected also, and that has always been the case. Given that there are no issues that affect the individual user (ie: ISP having problems) then there doesn't seem to be any more issues connecting from Australia than anywhere else. In fact I have noticed the last week (before the current downage) that there has been very few service outages from the server. However getting back to there only being one server, there will eventually have to be more servers as the number of players increase, has any thought been given yet as to when and where other servers are going to be set up?

Perhaps jumping the gun here but I would be interested in being involved in that process since I work in the IT hardware industry.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2007, 12:10:05 pm by Zhaxor »

jpstephens

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2007, 02:01:37 pm »
I have had that same problem with that same quest. It turned out to be a problem with my NPC interaction rather than the quest. There have been several times that I believed a quest was broken and only once has it actually been a problem with the quest. In almost every case it has been an issue with my interaction with the NPC. I suggest you try asking the NPC "about" everything you can think of related to the quest and also try telling the NPC in question "who" sent you. I can almost guarantee you the quest is not broken but that you have not asked or stated the the right trigger phrase. >o)