Author Topic: Stable version of npcclient  (Read 1233 times)

saladasalad

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
    • Vivada - Band / Blog / Good People
Stable version of npcclient
« on: August 28, 2007, 01:19:31 am »
On one of the devcasts, I remember Vengeance saying that more than one instance of npcclient can be run on Laanx at the same time. Have the devs thought about keeping two branches of npcclient? One designed for stability and one designed for implementing new features and testing them. Stable and ever-present mobs would help to keep a lot more newbs around, those who start the game, can't fight impervious rats and leave. I'm sure most other players would appreciate it too.  ;) Sorry if I've made any assumptions about how things currently work, it was just an idea that popped into my head.
Artisian Hooke  -  Guild Elder in The Organisation.
Alumolo Genare.
Divire Dighur.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Vivada - Band / Blog / Good People

Morla Phlint

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Rrivaln hrraln mo hetakh! (Enkien)
    • View Profile
Re: Stable version of npcclient
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2007, 07:48:15 am »
I agree with saladasalad. And I have actually noticed this in-game once or twice: some npcs were impervious, some - not. I don't know whether it was on purpose or not but I think it's a good idea to have some 'ever-present' npcs. Not only because of newbies but also when you need particular loot like for example rat fur in order to complete a quest. I hope that it isn't too difficult or time-consuming to make.  :flowers:

greetings,
morla

since 0.3.019 Crystal Blue || Sometimes a ragequit is the right decision.

Seneche

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2007, 09:17:26 pm »
I'm quite happy with the current spawning of the NPC's, but I do feel that the imperviousness of them is quite frustrating. With the mining system taking too long for prog points, its easier just to hunt. Is this idea implementable?

Morla Phlint

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Rrivaln hrraln mo hetakh! (Enkien)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2007, 09:35:54 pm »
If my post above happens to make this false impression, I didn't mean with "ever-present" that the npcs are spawn continuously at the same place. But that they are never impervious  :innocent:

since 0.3.019 Crystal Blue || Sometimes a ragequit is the right decision.