Author Topic: SERVER DOWN FOR MAINTENANCE (September 13, 2007)  (Read 4537 times)

Hlaford

• Traveller
    • View Profile
Re: SERVER DOWN FOR MAINTENANCE
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2007, 03:09:02 pm »
From Fragnetics 2 August 2007

* Fragnetics is proud to be associated with this year's World Cyber Games Singapore National Finals and Asian Championship. For the coming 4 days, our team is handling the broadcast of the live video feed directly from Suntec City.
    * In the past two weeks, we have expanded the scope of our collaboration with Starhub and increased our bandwidth at the Equinix data centre. As part of this upgrade, we will be migrating our game servers from Qala data centre over to Equinix in the coming weeks.

This transfer of all game servers to another physical location, would certainly make our downtime understandable.

Having participated in such things, I sincerely hope that there is at least one complete backup of the server, somewhere outside of Fragnetics.

Just in case...

~Verrliit~

Concerning another game, "To cope with the rise in players, Altitude planned to migrate the game to a newer, more powerful server. Unfortunately, a power outage mid-transfer led to the loss of much of the database."

Let's hope that doesn't happen  ::|

thundersword

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
I have a theory
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2007, 03:10:49 pm »
the more people start replying on this thread - the more energy we will be releasing into the universe and thus well be shortening the time it takes for the server gets back up again :)

acraig

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: SERVER DOWN FOR MAINTENANCE
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2007, 03:11:50 pm »
Server will be up when it's ready. If not in 24 hours we will contact Fragnetics again to get another status update.
----------
Andrew
"For all I know, she's lying, everyone's lying; welcome to the Internet"