Author Topic: Server Offer  (Read 3185 times)

SirCrogge

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
Server Offer
« on: September 15, 2007, 08:10:58 pm »
Hello PlaneShift Community,

I´m Serveradministrator of a Private World of Warcraft Server.
I watch the development status of Planeshift and think that you do a awesome work (As you see registrated since 2004) :)

I developed my own World of Warcraft Server Core and know how hard it is to lead such a big project, but making a Client too is of course a lot harder !

So if you need maybe a second Server which is located in Europe, Germany then just post it here. I think it would be useful for you if you have a Server in Europe, because the Singapore one has here a average ping of ~200ms.

I hope I can help you in any way, we have currently 3 Root Servers here and have a lot of resources left. I dunno how much need a Planeshift Server, but we can test that of course.

Well, just delete this topic if you dont need a second Server at the moment.

Greetings,
Crogge
« Last Edit: September 15, 2007, 08:15:01 pm by SirCrogge »

neko kyouran

Re: Server Offer
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2007, 08:16:45 pm »
Hello there.  :)

Couple of things:

Talks of donating server resources should go directly to Talad, so I would suggest you get in contact with him.

Secondly, running a private WoW server is in violation of their ULA and illegal and Blizzard does go after people running private servers when they find out about it, so I would suggest you may want to be careful who you let know that you are running a private WoW server.  :)

zanzibar

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2007, 08:17:12 pm »
Planeshift doesn't need ultra fast ping times because it isn't an action game.  Multiple servers means splitting up the community, so that's never going to happen either.
Quote from: Raa
Immaturity is FTW.

ThomPhoenix

• Testers
  • Forum Addict
  • A Phoenix, what'd you expect?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2007, 08:23:39 pm »
In the future, multiple servers may run the same world.
We're not evil. We're simply amazing.

socia

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2007, 08:33:10 pm »
Planeshift doesn't need ultra fast ping times because it isn't an action game.  Multiple servers means splitting up the community, so that's never going to happen either.

actualy PS is fully ping and lag depandant

ThomPhoenix

• Testers
  • Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2007, 08:36:20 pm »
But not as much as Enemy Territory: Quake Wars or Counterstrike. That's what Zanzibar means.

SirCrogge

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2007, 08:45:08 pm »
Well, I just want to help you. I mean nearly every MMORPG need good Hardware for all the players too.

And this has nothing to do with the World of Warcraft Server, btw its not a Emulator and legal. (The Server run since June06 and is known by Blizzard)

Anyway, we dont make any advertisment or something on the Planeshift Server !

You can have just the IP or a ....masterroot.de Realmlist and use it as it would be yours :)

The Servers cost of course a lot of money.  I really like it to help such a good project for free, but dont expect that I will beg for it. (Cause your posts seems negative)

I will stay a while in the Planeshift IRC.

Greetings,
Crogge
« Last Edit: September 15, 2007, 08:46:53 pm by SirCrogge »

zanzibar

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2007, 08:52:59 pm »

Whoa.  How would that work?  Different servers for different areas?

First chatbubbles, now multiple servers!  Never say never!
Quote from: Raa
Immaturity is FTW.

Proglin

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2007, 08:56:12 pm »
SirCrogge,

Please send your initial post to Talad with all info you think da boss needs in order to decide wether or not to concider you as a possible second server. Chances are slim, but it's da allmighty Talad, so anything can happen.  8)

yours, the entertainer

ThomPhoenix

• Testers
  • Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2007, 10:44:17 am »

Whoa.  How would that work?  Different servers for different areas?

First chatbubbles, now multiple servers!  Never say never!
It has been talked about multiple times. But don't think this is something that will be achieved soon, I said future ;)
But first steps have been made a long time ago. As you may know the devs plan on having multiple NPCclients connected to the server.

Ver

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2007, 12:47:26 pm »
Running a WoW private server is a violation of Blizzard's intellectual property rights, period.

Or do you run an official server, SirCrogge?
« Last Edit: September 16, 2007, 12:51:09 pm by Ver »

dying_inside

« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2007, 08:52:15 am »

But it does need less lag and more stability.

Miaua

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2007, 09:42:26 am »
PvP, as it is now "does" need ultra fast ping. Its action-like system... sadly.

To topic: Multiple servering without ripping players community apart into "server1 and similar server2" sounds nice :)

dying_inside

« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2007, 05:13:10 pm »
PvP, as it is now "does" need ultra fast ping. Its action-like system... sadly.

To topic: Multiple servering without ripping players community apart into "server1 and similar server2" sounds nice :)

As it stands now, runbning down the street needs a fast ping as the  lag generated by doing simple actions in completly unnacceptable. I can run the top of Hydlaa to the main plazaa and  have no more energy let because  every other step pauses and lags. Turning is like three seconds late, moving the mcamera on free rotational mode also induce lag spikes and the average ping athe login page is like 700 or somthing....The whole server is kinda killing the gameplay because it can't handle the stress. it was alright when Planeshift was new, but lets face it, as new content comes, and more and more options and whathaveyou are made availiable the server has to deal with an ever increasing load, and judgeing by the specs of the server it really isn't in the condition to do that.

I'm no technical server genius but my computer runs other games with alot mroe than this going on with hardly any lag at all, and my computer is not amazingly modern, that is pretty much eliminates personal computer spec problems.  Also I;m not sure how Ser specs stack up with computer specs, but the specs of the Current server are  pretty much a low cost computer nowerdays.

neko kyouran

« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2007, 06:24:34 pm »
You are trying to compare commercial finished, polished, and optimized games to PS, a non commercial, non polished, non finished, non optimized game in alpha development.

What  you described are symptoms of your computer, not the server.