Author Topic: server suggestion  (Read 3015 times)

elois

• Traveller
  • I'd rather be playing the game
    • View Profile
Re: NPC server suggestion
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2008, 09:16:35 pm »
FYI: If you hover your mouse over the dots, you'll see their description :]
ahh, well I guess it doesn't need updating.  Btw, where is your avatar from?
« Last Edit: April 10, 2008, 09:18:53 pm by elois »

Rayken

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • postcount--;
    • View Profile
Re: NPC server suggestion
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2008, 09:22:33 pm »
MB public server?  I'd say it does need updating :)
"Here's to lowering caskets of old friends choice and consequence we'll birth a new day with the death of an old and start over, start over.  Here's to burying hatchets in those who you'd never call your friend...we'll birth a new day with the death of an old day and start over, start over!"

elois

• Traveller
  • I'd rather be playing the game
    • View Profile
Re: server suggestion
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2008, 10:48:37 pm »
Now there seems to be a bit of confusion about the NPC server.  From my observation, the NPC server hasn't gone down in 3 weeks or more.  What it appears to me to be is that when an NPC is attacked, it will randomly lock up and become impervious to attack.  This looks like it happens on a per monster basis.  Eventually every monster gets locked up through this process.  I think this would be different then the npc server going down.  If the NPC server crashed, we wouldn't be able to talk to the npc's.  Now this is all speculation and a comment from a dev would be nice.  With that said, it does play right into my suggestion of periodically reinitializing the both Servers (refering to server software).  This again assumes that shuting down the programs and restarting them would actually solve the problem.  It might more like a data field becoming corrupt.  But I'm sure the devs have a pretty god insight into the issue.  Knowing the path, and walking the path are 2 very different things.
Regards,
Elois