Author Topic: Server locked for updates to NPC Server - April 24th 2008.  (Read 1813 times)

freedomwv

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
Server locked for updates to NPC Server - April 24th 2008.
« on: April 23, 2008, 09:18:31 pm »
I noticed that April 24th 2008 at 11:08 am Tokyo time that it is locked. I really don`t have a problem with that at all. I have read the past posts in this thread and fully understand that the server has to be worked on. Although, it would be nice to know when it will be back on the devs are busy people and I fully understand the pressures of trying to get something done when a lot of people are depending on you. It must be hard keeping such a project like PlaneShift going with a limited team of devs and funding coming from donors instead of a more for-profit method. Great game and I look forward to playing it again very soon.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2008, 07:34:48 am by neko kyouran »
What lurks in the Shadows? May I see for myself? If it is so dark and evil then I will masters its power. Once mastered I will use its own power against it.

Raa

• Veteran
  • Halp meh...!
    • View Profile
Re: Server " Locked" ?
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2008, 09:21:49 pm »
Don't fret; the server will be back up soon(tm).  ;)

Illysia

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2008, 09:25:04 pm »
The server is down for fixing the NPCs at the moment. This is good because they will probably be attackable once the sever is back up. However nobody, including the devs usually knows how long these things will take. But Raa is right. "soon(tm)".

freedomwv

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2008, 09:40:39 pm »
It is very nice of you to give an update. I am grateful that someone took the time to tell me what is going on with the PlaneShift server. The people who work on this game are hard working people and I have much respect for them. They are trying to create a great game that is totally free. I can wait for the everything to be fixed. Thank you for all the work that goes into this game as I have very little knowledge on working with such advanced code.
What lurks in the Shadows? May I see for myself? If it is so dark and evil then I will masters its power. Once mastered I will use its own power against it.

neko kyouran

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2008, 07:34:06 am »
konichiwa, freedomwv-san.  Domo arigato.

As always, when updates are available, there will be a post made.  Hopefully, the server shouldn't be down for too long while this issue is being fixed.

Thanks for being patient.  :)

Knallgrim

• Traveller
    • View Profile
Re: Server locked for updates to NPC Server - April 24th 2008.
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2008, 08:22:55 am »
It's back up now right? As server status claims there are 66 players online...

Last time I played (tuesday?) it suddenly occured to me that NPCs being untouchable actually added a bit to the game as only those adept at exploring would be able to find active monsters...

Anyway, thumbs up for giving this attention. :)

Oh, are there an official 'server up or down' thread?
Have you seen my marbles?