Author Topic: Would it be possible for a notification regarding Monster Server/service please.  (Read 3250 times)

RatThing

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
A common question recently to us Advisers is: When will the monster server be back up?

Would it be possible for someone to give us a brief Monster Server/service ETA and or progress please.

Sincere regards and thank you.

:thumbup:

Lanarel

• Testers
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
The NPC server will either start automatically (which should take about 10 minutes max I guess), or it does not start automatically due to some problem (or keeps crashing). In the latter case, an ETA cannot be given, as it depends on devs with server access to examine the problem and solve it. This may take anywhere from a few minutes to several days, but we only know after the problem is solved :).
Server status itself can easily be found out by attacking an NPC. If rats are impervious to attack, the server is down. If this is sometime after a server crash, the npcclient probably has a problem that is not quickly solved.

Xordan

• Crystal Space Developer
  • Forum Addict
  • For God and the Empire
    • View Profile
It should be working again now. There seems to be a bug causing it to sometimes not reconnect correctly during a server restart.

Xanthan

• Prospects
  • Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
What I do is load up this image from the stats page in my web portal:

http://laanx.fragnetics.com/mbirths.png

If the graph is non-zero on the right-hand side, the monsters are fighting.

Dreamcrafter

Well, as was pointed out, all you have to do is click on a rat (or whatever else) to find out if Monsters are working.  (The graph seems a bit confusing to me.)  Until then, we just hope that they'll be back up soon!

:beta:

Xanthan

• Prospects
  • Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
Perhaps, but...  Planeshift gameplay is highly dependent on the monsters being fightable.  Using something you can glance at on the web lets you know if it's worth logging in and going looking for that rat.. Especially when the downtime is frequently measured in days, as it has been recently.

Dreamcrafter

How often is that graphic updated?  Will that link update?

Mythryndel

• Testers
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
I could be wrong, but I believe those graphics are generated every time you refresh the page. Worst case, 5 minutes old. Very good source of information about the server.

Xanthan

• Prospects
  • Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
I've found them to be reliably  up-to-date, as Mythryndel says, though I don't know the refresh time.

The whole page is here:
http://laanx.fragnetics.com/index.php?page=stats

Joemama246

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
i THINK THEY DID FIX IT, DOESN'T HAPPEN TO ME ANYMORE. :-\