Author Topic: Harnquist Apples  (Read 3116 times)

verden

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Harnquist Apples
« on: January 18, 2009, 10:29:34 am »
Made a Stonehammer, went to Harnquist and asked for a quest. Got apples quest. Got two apples. Harnquist doesn't need those.

Made a Dermorian, went to Harnquist and asked for a quest. He doesn't need me to do anything right now.

Is this the sort of thing that warrants further scrutiny and a bugtracker entry? Or is this expected behavior?

Prolix

Re: Harnquist Apples
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2009, 10:57:46 am »
I did that a couple times yesterday with no problems...

Mythryndel

• Testers
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2009, 11:13:40 am »
Make sure you stack the apples... I didn't have problems with that quest with an Enki.

Vonor

• Hydlaa Resident
  • Languages: English / German
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2009, 12:27:03 pm »
just tested with a stonebreaker and it works as expected
Quote from: Mordraugion
Quote from: zanzibar
::|  What just happened?

you got Caarried

Cheeldash

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2009, 02:21:36 pm »
Made a Stonehammer, went to Harnquist and asked for a quest. Got apples quest. Got two apples. Harnquist doesn't need those.

Made a Dermorian, went to Harnquist and asked for a quest. He doesn't need me to do anything right now.

Is this the sort of thing that warrants further scrutiny and a bugtracker entry? Or is this expected behavior?
Sometimes it happens to me too, but after 2-3 quests works.

eldoth_terevan

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2009, 08:32:12 pm »
 I've seen this before, then it works fine.

Prolix

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2009, 08:57:27 pm »
Related is a problem I am having with pinayets letter quest, he currently will not accept that his letter has been delivered and give me my reward. just did it on laanx with bilbous a few days ago. maybe one of my other quests is conflicting

Caarrie

• Forum Addict
  • We want no UNFIXED bugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
    • PlaneShift3dMods
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2009, 09:07:31 pm »
if you can confirm there is an issue with quests on the new server make a report on the bug tracker.

verden

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2009, 11:51:12 am »
I have done this quest probably 50 times, and yes the apples were stacked. Then I made a new account, new character, Stonebreaker and the quest worked fine. I'll try to create a few new characters and see if I can see where this happened.

Cheeldash

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2009, 03:10:42 pm »
I have done this quest probably 50 times, and yes the apples were stacked. Then I made a new account, new character, Stonebreaker and the quest worked fine. I'll try to create a few new characters and see if I can see where this happened.
I have created a new Klyros character and Harnquist didn't give me the quest.

Caarrie

• Forum Addict
  • We want no UNFIXED bugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
    • PlaneShift3dMods
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2009, 03:50:31 pm »
I have created a new Klyros character and Harnquist didn't give me the quest.

not all npcs give all quests at all times they are asked, so you might have to wait to get it.

Prolix

« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2009, 05:06:09 pm »
I finally hit on what to say to pinayet.

verden

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2009, 05:42:28 pm »
I have never before had Harnquist refuse to give a character a quest. I was sticking with the two apples as it is probably the simplest and oldest quest around. Honestly, if Harnquist does occasionally not give quests to new characters... I would consider that a bug.

Mythryndel

• Testers
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2009, 10:33:46 pm »
I did not mean to sound as though I assumed you couldn't complete the quest... simply musing about common things that have caused me grief... there is an open bug (or at least the GMs know about it) that any time you need paper and ink from Jayose... you have to give him 50 trias... not 5 hexas... or 1 octa... :(

But it may be possible that it is related to race... I may start a new character of the race you said you were having a problem with and see if I can reproduce this.

@prolix... if you did the quest on laanx... check your chat log for the exact response to give... it's bailed me out several times on the new server... :)

Prolix

« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2009, 11:11:45 pm »
The odd thing about the pinayet messenger(?) quest was I did check my logs and typed what looked to be the response that worked on laanx. Maybe though it was tied up due to another quest or a specific amount of time had to pass before the response would be accepted. I seem to recall I had trouble with it the first time too. anyway has little to do with apples.