Author Topic: [Resolved] 5-6,7 November 2009: Server is down  (Read 4421 times)

Elvors

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Re: 5-6 November 2009: Server is down
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2009, 11:00:51 am »
In Germany there is the same downtime if you pay no money. I live here, too. Don't talk rubbish.
If you know a good provider to place the server for no money and a 24 hour service ond so on.... just tell the GMs. But you will have no luck to find such a hoster. Not if they cannot place spam into the game.

Hetzner. They're hosting SysCP, which as a project was never even near as healthy as PS.
After Hetzner, there's Manitu, which is generally netizen-friendly and may be interested.
And OVM, a French company that is trying to gain mindshare in Germany.
And Strato, which is currently being sold, new management being possibly interested in new ways to do marketing.

And whoever would be sponsoring the server, the service would be the level of the cheap servers; if anything, the sponsored servers would get slightly better attention due to their higher visibility.
And at least for Hetzner, I can testify that the bottom-line level of server is get a competent response even on Sunday night, and and hardware fixed within the hour (promised) or half an hour (actual).

Just for the record. The server seems to be back, so there's no urgent action required.
I'd recommend investigating alternatives though. Fragnetics' track record is currently inside the "marginally tolerable" zone, from my perspective.

Disclaimer: I'm totally aware that the above is just my perspective.
I don't know under which constraints the PS team operates, and from that perspective, the points I raise may be totally irrelevant. If PS team is reading this, please feel free to accept or ignore this, I won't be offended either way :)
The point of writing this all is to provide PS team (or anybody talking with them) with data points, whatever they may be worth to PS team (nothing if all this is already known, of course).

Elvors

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Server is down again
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2009, 05:22:51 pm »
Issue does not seem to be over :(

steuben

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Re: Server is down again
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2009, 05:28:22 pm »
patience grasshopper. how do you know? it  might be over, and you are seeing a new one. or it might be the same one.
may laanx frighten the shadow from my path.
hardly because the shadow built the lexx.
the shadow will frighten laanx from my path.

-stf-

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2009, 06:03:36 pm »
Yes, now it's different:
Code: [Select]
500 Internal Server Error
nginx/0.6.32
Anyway, result is same - offline again...

Sulaika

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2009, 05:16:00 am »
How much time will it take until its up again.... :'(

Addeline

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2009, 05:22:15 am »
How much time will it take until its up again.... :'(

That is out of the PlaneShift teams control. It is up to Fragnetics to it sort out.

raffe

• Traveller
    • View Profile
Re: 5-6,7 November 2009: Server is down
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2009, 12:01:46 pm »
New rumors in irc
The server is down because it has become self aware. Laanx is deciding right now whether it can live without a partner to share joys and sorrows with

raffe

• Traveller
    • View Profile
Re: 5-6,7 November 2009: Server is down
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2009, 03:30:11 am »
The current status of laanx.fragnetics.com is: server up (ping delay 340ms). It has been up for over 6 hours.