Author Topic: random loot update  (Read 4594 times)

weltall

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • http://weltall.heliohost.org
random loot update
« on: September 25, 2010, 10:45:01 pm »
The re-factor of the loot system has just been completed and will be tested for some days. then it will be deployed on both servers starting with ezpcusa and then moving to zeroping.
This will mean a downtime of up to several hours for the server being worked on.
The system doesn't create anymore special items among the base ones but will reference always the original loot modifiers table (the one which keeps the rules to generate the random loot). This means that you will likely see some changes on extremely old random weapons (as when they appeared first not when you looted them) starting from name fixes (broadswords/shortsword) and also stats fixes inherited from there.
Additionally to this those weapons which have an overflowing name (if you see part of the name cut when checking the item tooltip it's one of those - there are 20 of them) will lose the suffix (and it's stat bringing gains).
As a last thing, even if the script was written and tested one week ago, it has to be considered best effort as the only way to link back the random loot is through name lookups. This means some items could be lost or lose some of their characteristics. It shouldn't happen from our test but I'd not bet on it.

This in future could bring quest being able to give random loot like items and/or crafting being able to add characteristics to items, for example through some combination with a specific item which will set the attribute.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2010, 12:24:45 pm by weltall »

Geoni

• Veteran
  • -
    • View Profile
Re: random loot update
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2010, 02:02:42 am »
Why random might I ask? Might frighten the OCD's.  :P

-sig by sarras

weltall

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2010, 04:58:15 am »
because it's generated by a random mean (random numbers based choice)

RlyDontKnow

• Associate Developer
  • Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2010, 09:08:11 am »
note: it's "random loot" update not random "loot update" ;)
i.e. it affects those items being randomized (mostly looted ones)

Vakachehk

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2010, 06:52:23 pm »
note: it's "random loot" update not random "loot update" ;)
i.e. it affects those items being randomized (mostly looted ones)

So by this do they still mean, it is possible to get a weapon of Laanx Mind on a rogue but it is more possible on a Dlayo?
You maybe roleplaying but you could still be OOC.

weltall

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2010, 09:13:19 pm »
there are no changes in % of drop: this isn't a rule change

RlyDontKnow

• Associate Developer
  • Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2010, 10:51:32 pm »
for clarification: just like for the book change if everything goes well, you shouldn't notice much of a difference
(except your item name/stats/effects changing slightly if you have *very* old ones - i.e. created ingame years ago - as those are updated to their current equivalent)

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2010, 05:59:23 am »
The desired change is:

Before, we had "Shortsword" as one item with a certain monetary value, and "Short sword of Laanx' Mind" as another item with another certain monetary value and specific buffs for this specific item. Weapons with the same name from different ages of the game could have different values and buffs.

After, we will have two "Shortsword" items with the same monetary base value, but one has the "of Laanx' Mind" attribute with a monetary factor and specific buffs related to this attribute. All weapons with the same attributes will have the same names, values, and buffs. One change to the attribute's factors will change the values of all items with the same attribute.

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

Shatterkiss

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2010, 05:18:34 pm »
I'm just curious, if this updates all items with buffs, does that mean items with broken buffs will be fixed?

Earowo

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Guild Site
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2010, 06:15:11 pm »
The desired change is:

Before, we had "Shortsword" as one item with a certain monetary value, and "Short sword of Laanx' Mind" as another item with another certain monetary value and specific buffs for this specific item. Weapons with the same name from different ages of the game could have different values and buffs.

After, we will have two "Shortsword" items with the same monetary base value, but one has the "of Laanx' Mind" attribute with a monetary factor and specific buffs related to this attribute. All weapons with the same attributes will have the same names, values, and buffs. One change to the attribute's factors will change the values of all items with the same attribute.

does that mean if you say have a shortsword of laanx mind, and a shortsword of seduction, but one is a couple years older then the other, but they have the same buff, they will get the same name?
Dohmo: Please clean up your language immediately.
Me: as i just said, what i said, fits in the guidlines of rated PG, i was just explaining to the G guy
Dohmo: Sorry I tried to e nice
Dohmo: and i'm telling you to clean it up. last warning
Dohmo: now just do it
Dohmo: No more warnings

Abuse?

weltall

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2010, 10:32:17 pm »
no the buff will change to be the correct one according to the name, if they have the same buffs. seduction will get the strenght boosting laanx mind the dark way boosting. (also the so called bugged one (which aren't a bug due to the design) should get the right buff with this)

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2010, 12:47:20 pm »
Schedule?

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

weltall

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2010, 05:14:34 pm »
maybe i'll start tomorrow it depends on some script being done as scripting was changed a bit since last update

Cello

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2010, 04:03:04 pm »
it seems you've started ... how long would it take?

weltall

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2010, 04:10:20 pm »
no idea depends on how fast is the machine