Author Topic: Bounty system  (Read 791 times)

Elrond_Telrunya

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
Bounty system
« on: August 01, 2005, 08:11:51 pm »
I have been mulling this over for a while, and I thought that this may or may not work. I\'m not familiar with search, but I did in fact search and found nothing before I started this. I searched for \"bounty\" and \"bounty system\" and got nothing. So here goes.

Theoretical setup:

1. You may attack anyone, anywhere.
2. You get a bounty for any crime you commit, you\'re bounty is posted in police offices. Guards/policemen attack you, and other players may hunt you down for your bounty.
3. Killing people with a bounty is not a crime.
4. The crime determines the bounty.(i.e. murder is much higher than theft)
5. If the person that killed you is X amount of levels higher than you, you do not lose anything.
6. If someone attacks you first, and you kill them, then it is considered self defense you will not recieve a bounty for it.
7. Players killed while attacking other players drop more items when they are killed than usual, and their targets drop less.

I think that this may work, on the basis that \"power players\" could not own a server, simply because they would have a large bounty, drawing a lot of bounty hunters, no matter how powerful the player is, he could be taken down by a large group of players. Like on RS, I\'ve seen level 70\'s taken down by a group of 30\'s. It\'s not perfect, but it\'s feasible. Comments and criticism are welcome, try not to flame please.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2005, 08:17:24 pm by Elrond_Telrunya »

Jacob

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2005, 03:35:20 pm »
I second

dragonfire999

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2005, 06:44:08 pm »
Okay, so lets get this straight.

Taser is sitting on a corner talking with someone, then KABLAM! POOSH! SPLAT!! She is splattered over 5 city blocks and someone gets payed 500 tria to kill the guy who hurt her?

No open pk in the city, please!

(and dont bring up sp00nscape here)
« Last Edit: August 02, 2005, 06:44:41 pm by dragonfire999 »

= <3

DeviantArt

hramrach

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2005, 09:19:36 am »
yes, it\'s yet another cops system that does not work.

And even if you did not allow killing in the cities, the same applies to people fishing at a stream not far from the city, mining at the mine, etc.

Most people want to look around, not hunt (and hide from) killers.

Except perhaps 5. it was already discussed.
Observer .. or watcher?

WizardsRule

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2005, 04:58:37 pm »
Originally posted by hramrach
yes, it\'s yet another cops system that does not work.

And even if you did not allow killing in the cities, the same applies to people fishing at a stream not far from the city, mining at the mine, etc.

Most people want to look around, not hunt (and hide from) killers.

Except perhaps 5. it was already discussed.

http://planeshift.oodlz.com/wbboard/thread.php?threadid=15973&boardid=21&styleid=3&sid=80fdd8c117ae68f4449476e1e8f379d7
« Last Edit: August 07, 2005, 04:59:23 pm by WizardsRule »

The evils of past repeat themselves in many shapes and forms

augmento

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2005, 01:02:43 am »
how about some cities are safe and some are not? i like how eve-online has different security levels for the systems. you literally know what you are getting into.

also, the original poster makes a good point. if player A kills another player in city x, then he is captured on site by the guard force of that city. effectively, making that city safe for everyone else but very dangerous for that player.

add a bounty on that player that makes him killable anywhere and that player is never really going to feel safe anywhere again.

Frank

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2005, 07:41:01 pm »
Originally posted by paxx
. Simply said this game will not have that, nore will it have open field PKing with people playing cops and robbers (or some variation of that).

I suggest you come up wiht something else then bounties

ScM

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2005, 03:03:27 am »
this would only work if:
1.) there was a way to turn it off (ie an option for pk or not...)
2.) there were level restrictions set so a level 70 could not attack a level 30, unless the level 30 attacked first...
or:
we found a second server host, and made that a pk server, but rule 2 would still have to apply...

though i seriously doubt that the 1st would happen, the second is more likely, but not for a long time...