Author Topic: Crash - Client - New Character Creation - Characterization of Appearance  (Read 1137 times)

Can-ned Food

• Hydlaa Resident
  • Many ask what The Can contains, but few will know.
    • View Profile
    • an OpenDocument Spreadsheet for planning your character's stats profile
I have been having a problem when customizing the appearance of characters, but only the facial features.
Has occurred with Ylian, Dermorian, and Stonehammer, mascul and femin (as possible), repeatedly but not consistently (which is odd but lends greater possibility to this being a condition in my operating environment, not PlaneShift).
It reloads to the launcher; occasionally the launcher will then fail to load the client when it terminates (that might be related, or might be merely co-incidental).
Nothing of use is relayed by the command-line shell around my launcher and client processes; well, nothing which i perceive pertaining to this, i.e. there are other problems, even severe ones, but these don't cause crashes.
My purpose in this topic is to gather information from others to aid debugging, or at least pinpointing the problem, if it is PlaneShift.  So, i've already tried repairing my installation (that's a whole 'nother thing there):  I'm not looking for help troubleshooting unless someone already knows exactly what to do here, thank you.

My version:
  • Linux
  • x64

Some of my tech-specs:
  • Mint 15 KDE
  • HP Pavilion dv7
  • quadcore AMD & ATI GPU

Oh, and hello to everyone.
Gedundk Kokro, kran
Ailela Belair, nolthrir
Hwokmar Cmar, ynnwn

cdmoreland

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Main: Waesed Waesech
    • View Profile
    • Ad Libertatem
Welcome to PlaneShift......lol

It's been a problem for some time now. Hope the Unreal Engine solves it.

Can-ned Food

• Hydlaa Resident
  • Many ask what The Can contains, but few will know.
    • View Profile
    • an OpenDocument Spreadsheet for planning your character's stats profile
Well, thanks.  I couldn't find anything like this mentioned, and thought maybe it was a rare thing.
Gedundk Kokro, kran
Ailela Belair, nolthrir
Hwokmar Cmar, ynnwn

Sulaika

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Re: Crash - Client - New Character Creation - Characterization of Appearance
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2015, 03:55:20 pm »
I did mention it once already in another thread.