Author Topic: [SOLVED] pslaunch.exe - Application Error 0x000007b  (Read 925 times)

Stormbow

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
[SOLVED] pslaunch.exe - Application Error 0x000007b
« on: July 05, 2016, 10:17:17 pm »
Attempting to start the game and this error comes up immediately:

Searched around this forum:
♦ error code does not exist.

Searched around Google:
♦ Microsoft Visual C++ is already installed on my machine and is a newer version than every 'solution' webpage I've found.
♦ No other solutions found.

Other potentially relevant info:
♦ Windows 7 64 bit
♦ 16 GB RAM
♦ GTX 970 4GB (DirectX installed)

Can anyone solve this problem?
« Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 12:52:37 am by Stormbow »

MishkaL1138

• Veteran
  • Meh.
    • View Profile
Re: pslaunch.exe - Application Error 0x000007b
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2016, 12:39:03 am »

So, I've Googled your error code (but I guess I was better than you, or not) and this showed up.

Alternatively, within that thread this guy has a nice solution that might work.

I'm not an IT guy, just good at knowing what to Google when I get problems like that. Looking forward to hearing about your adventures in PlaneShift. Don't let a fickle OS get in the way of your enjoyment.

EDIT: Check out this one too. Might work better.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 12:44:48 am by MishkaL1138 »

"It's all fun and games until someone stabs someone else in the eye."

Stormbow

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
Re: pslaunch.exe - Application Error 0x000007b
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2016, 12:51:11 am »
Attempting to start the game and this error comes up immediately:

Searched around this forum:
♦ error code does not exist.

Searched around Google:
♦ Microsoft Visual C++ is already installed on my machine and is a newer version than every 'solution' webpage I've found.
♦ No other solutions found.

Other potentially relevant info:
♦ Windows 7 64 bit
♦ 16 GB RAM
♦ GTX 970 4GB (DirectX installed)

Can anyone solve this problem?

Solution is right here.

As always, I spend hours trying to figure something out, get nowhere and finally ask someone, and *POOF!* I find the solution.

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
Re: [SOLVED] pslaunch.exe - Application Error 0x000007b
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2016, 01:15:07 am »
^ wrong solution. Never download DLLs to put somewhere in your system from any arbitrary site. Are you sure that they are complete, and not infected with malware, backdoors, or simply not suitable for your specific system? Oh, don't tell me you have antivirus software. It can only detect malware it knows to be malicious. The only clean way to install missing DLLs is to download the official installer package from the creator and execute it.

You said you already have MS Visual C++ runtimes of a newer version installed. But the correct solution is probably to install MS Visual C++ Runtimes of an older version too. Different runtime versions are not compatible to each other, you will need to install runtimes of all compiler versions any application may have been compiled with. And if you have a 64-bit Windows, then you also will need both 32-bit and 64-bit runtimes of all available versions.

You reported that MSVCRT100*.DLL helped; so you should have installed C++ runtimes of Visual Studio 2010. I wonder why you had to. The PlaneShift installer should have installed these runtimes if missing on your system, I believe...
« Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 01:20:21 am by LigH »

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

MishkaL1138

• Veteran
  • Meh.
    • View Profile
Re: [SOLVED] pslaunch.exe - Application Error 0x000007b
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2016, 04:56:53 am »
I ought to mention, there was a solution where deleting a certain DLL and then launching the app would recreate the DLL file, and the problem would be solved.

Glad you solved it, security vulnerabilities aside.

"It's all fun and games until someone stabs someone else in the eye."