Author Topic: Harnquist vs Bodacher  (Read 3341 times)

Father Sengus

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2005, 08:27:16 pm »
Secretly is even weirder than silently, unless it\'s in a tell. How do you do something secretly if you point it out to everyone? It makes sense for story writing, but that\'s about it.

Doing it secretly means that nobody notices him doing it and is a good way to show that he might be joining the conversation later.
Zanzibar, what I don\'t understand is how writing \"/me secretly listens to the conversation\" would reveal anything, when the IC characters cannot see the line anyway. It is up to the person reading that line to seperate his own knowledge from that of his character... :)
Clayzekiel, some people overdo everything when RP:ing. If you were to secretly listen in on a conversation IRL, would you put both your hands to your ear and lean towards the persons talking, or would you just stand there and pretend like you\'re not listening? And what would make you get caught? Maybe if the person caught you looking in their direction or saw you react to something they said. So what I think you could have done better was just to say \"/me attempts to listen in on the conversation without being noticed\" letting the others involved decide whether you suceeded or not. But heck, this shouldn\'t be a very big deal. You did good ;)
Hope this post made at least a little sense...
« Last Edit: December 14, 2005, 08:32:32 pm by Father Sengus »

Farren Kutter

• Veteran
  • Death is only the beginning. Then true life begins
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2005, 08:42:39 pm »
Why are we fighting over a simple SINGLE line in the whole god dang thing?! We should be discussing the actual event, not the small details that could have been better (not that this was in any way wrong or dissatisfactory)... get back to discussing the actual main event!!!

zanzibar

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2005, 08:55:10 pm »
Originally posted by Farren Kutter
Why are we fighting over a simple SINGLE line in the whole god dang thing?! We should be discussing the actual event, not the small details that could have been better (not that this was in any way wrong or dissatisfactory)... get back to discussing the actual main event!!!

Don\'t worry too much about it.;)
Quote from: Raa
Immaturity is FTW.

Farren Kutter

• Veteran
  • Death is only the beginning. Then true life begins
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2005, 09:41:25 pm »
You know me zanzibar, I just like a bit of peace and less arguing on the forums like this.... Like when I was trying to defend you on the GK thread :P I tried, but failed... Oh well...

Pestilence

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2005, 10:36:35 pm »
Nice event :)

Very good improvisation by Bodacher I think and great of Ganinos to post it here. Great reading :)

Stephen McNaire

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2005, 01:05:53 am »
This is great. But it was more fun hearing about it in-game^^

Cha0s

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2005, 08:15:52 am »
Yes indeed. When people talk about events in-game, it\'s great! That is just the sort of roleplay we like to see. :)
Cha0s
Mac OS X Forum Moderator
In-Game Roleplay Forum Moderator
Please search and skim existing threads before posting!