Author Topic: [Event] - Trasok's abduction, Act I  (Read 2386 times)

Darkblade

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
[Event] - Trasok's abduction, Act I
« on: December 17, 2005, 10:56:59 pm »
This started, in the midst of night in Ojaveda, the Akkaio district. Trasok, the smith, mysteriously disappeared, and Jirosh was found in a building nearby, hiding.

Thus the event started from there.

Some key happenings included:
- Jirosh fainting and being roused by yours truely. (Bwahahaha ^^)

- After a bit of heated argumentation, a note was found. Death sentence for Jirosh, a fun prospect :)

- Instant interrogation by Sefron (Once again, yours truely :) )

- Attacks by a Rogue... We all know who let it loose :P

In all, I\'d like to thank Cha0s for running the event, and everyone else who participated: Halvord, Gag, Setill, Narita and Tyrnal, just to name a few... Yell at me if I forgot you ;)

I was personally thrilled to exact a bit of uncertanity and general evilness, to add to the already ensuing maestrom.
With a few accusations of myself helping the rogues, or at least being in league with them, I\'m certainly happy with the outcome, and I\'m hoping for a continuation, in which I can participate... Oooh, what I have got planned xD

Oh, and yes, I did kick Jirosh in the ribs. Twice :P

- The Seffy and the Darky.
Crazy am I. Not responsable for crazyness that ensues.

Stephen McNaire

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2005, 11:30:45 pm »
I had to miss it :|. I wanted to join but my brother came home from collage. He\'s more important^^. Tell us more abiut the event!

spydirweb

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2005, 01:06:44 am »
where IS he?  I needed to sell off a sword in Ojo and I couldn\'t find anyone else... had to travel just to get rid of it...

Karyuu

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2005, 02:54:03 am »
Maybe you could help out in finding him, who knows :)
Judge: Are you trying to show contempt for this court, Mr Smith?
Smith: No, My Lord. I am attempting to conceal it.

karakth

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2005, 04:40:47 am »
Ah, so we can still take part in this? Nice, off to the Ojaveda.
~Karakth, Arcane Loremaster of the Arcane Order.

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2005, 05:17:58 am »
I must say: Great! A well prepared, and almost flawlessly performed roleplaying act! (Downsides: NPCs can\'t walk, and talk is not always reliable - but mostly.)

It appears that there have been a few privy players. The obscure character of Sefron was a great win for the dramatical part. And the fact that Halvord found the scroll early, and took it away, was not a real problem - so he was able to join the plot later via \"By the way, I found something...\".

So I hope that I can attend in the sequel as well; my main problem may be that I will be away between the coming holidays, and I fear that the PCs there are unable to let PlaneShift run...

[Cha0s\'s edit: Moved your diary to its own thread. I need to clarify better in the sticky that roleplay threads and [Event] threads are separate. :) ]

{ Read the Diary entry about my impressions. | LigH }
« Last Edit: December 18, 2005, 09:13:06 am by LigH »

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

Zan

• Veteran
  • Just a regular guy, with an irregular soul
    • View Profile
    • Photography
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2005, 07:28:36 am »
I was very pleased by the teamwork and roleplaying efforts on the players side. I have seen people dividing tasks and working together to help out poor Jirosh as much as possible. Others were somewhat less sympathetic but put down a great role. hopefully we\'ll see more of this in the future events.

On our part, we\'ve tried to create a realistic kidnapping/eyewitness situation. While doing that we\'ve strayed from the initial plan a bit at times but hopefully our improvisation came over smooth enough.

[Cha0s\'s edit: Split roleplay and ooc stuff again. :P I put this one on the message board. :) ]
« Last Edit: December 18, 2005, 09:00:04 am by Zan »
Zan Drithor, Member of the Vaalnor Council
Tyrnal Relhorn, Captain of the Vaalguard
Thromdir Shoake, Merchant
Giorn Kleaver, Miner.

Grayne Dholm, Follower of Dakkru

Darkblade

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2005, 12:30:03 pm »
Originally posted by LigH
It appears that there have been a few privy players. The obscure character of Sefron was a great win for the dramatical part.

Hah, thanks. However, I was not so-called \'privy\' to whatever was happening - That\'s just how I roleplay that certain character.

But, if Cha0s wishes to implicate my character further... :)

Cha0s

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2005, 09:24:04 pm »
Oh, we have plans, Sefron, don\'t worry... You\'ll soon see... ;)

Gag: The technical issues should be resolved Soon(tm), so I wouldn\'t hold your breath. We\'ll see what we can do, and try to avoid possessing NPCs in general. One other thing, though. There is no set order to an event, really. Sure, we might have a plan, but if someone \"screws it up,\" we\'ll cope. That\'s part of our job. It isn\'t really possible to screw up an event, unless you go out-of-character, so don\'t worry if someone does something \"too soon\" or if someone manages to figure something out without a certain clue. It\'s all fine. We\'ll deal. :)
Cha0s
Mac OS X Forum Moderator
In-Game Roleplay Forum Moderator
Please search and skim existing threads before posting!

Darkblade

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2005, 10:15:37 pm »
Originally posted by Cha0s
Oh, we have plans, Sefron, don\'t worry... You\'ll soon see... ;)

Oh, you mean if I happen to be there at the right place, at the right time... right? xD

Don\'t worry cha0s, well all love you and your out-of-nowhere Rp events :)

Andrek

• Hydlaa Resident
  • Your mom liked it!
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2005, 03:02:57 am »
Oh I missed it.  I am glad to find this board.  I will be sure to keep up on things in the future.

Wow Oja is a hot place for events.  There was a player run one where they lured Ubers and killed them as a team.  It was fun... I will post on it within a week.

Keep the fun coming guys!
I'm taking a shower.  Don't think of me as dirty, naked will do just fine ;)

Cha0s

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2005, 10:14:12 am »
Yes, well... we\'re announcing them vaguely in #planeshift-events... but hopefully when grouping becomes more important to players, we won\'t have to. And Sefron can feel free to join the bad guys, if that\'s his thing... if they take him. :P
Cha0s
Mac OS X Forum Moderator

r.guppy

(No subject)
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2005, 11:15:49 am »
Well I must commend you on a good plan.
  But you do realise you have put a hold on skill training and quest and economy, for everyone in game who wish to go to Oja for over a day?
 Did it have to be him, why not an NPC that has no role to play in-game, there are many you could have chosen.       ?(

Cha0s

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2005, 11:24:19 am »
Yes, that is part of the point. People need to miss Trasok (he\'ll be back in a few days). People need to be interested in returning him. The stats are not so important as to eclipse roleplay. Also, Trasok fits very neatly into the plot. There was a reason he was kidnapped. You\'ll learn the details on Wednesday or Tuesday when he\'s rescued. Finally, NPCs are not constant and should not be considered constant. To the characters, they are the same as normal player characters.

In summary, yes the players will itch a bit, but that should only make them all the more anxious to retrieve Trasok when the time comes.
Cha0s
Mac OS X Forum Moderator

Andrek

• Hydlaa Resident
  • Your mom liked it!
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2005, 04:24:09 pm »
Ahh, so is there a note posted in Oja?  I have not heard anything about this until now....

Too bad as I do not know who was kiddnapped. (I just do not know them).
I'm taking a shower.  Don't think of me as dirty, naked will do just fine ;)