Author Topic: "The Common Cold [RP]"  (Read 1650 times)

Phinehas

"The Common Cold [RP]"
« on: October 06, 2006, 11:17:43 pm »
It is that time of year again, the crystal grows dim, and lights the sky less each day. The walls of the stalactite we call home are wet with condensation. It is cold, damp, and wet. Due to the overpopulation of Hydlaa, many people, even those who call themselves rich, have no place to spend the chilly nights. Fires provide meager warmth, and the streets of Hydlaa slow as the cold and wet keep people from leaving their shelters...

This is an RP of the Common Cold. If you read in someone's description "You may have been infected with the Common Cold [RP]" Then you have the choice to add that to your own description. and spread the cold yourself. As you all know, the common cold has no cure, and lasts a few days after the symptoms show up, which do not show up for a day or two themselves. Check back to this thread to see what new and interesting symptoms you will have for each race as the days go on.

Remember, do not put this in your Description until you read it in another person's description. This will make it spread realistically.

If you abuse this RP in any way shape or form, I will personally beat you with my stick. I hope you enjoy this RP, you sodden masses. May you revel in your illness, because I will for sure. A city of sneezing and runny noses will make for an interesting place to live, but I'm sure I'll bear it well. I hope you all do, too.

Enjoy.

(Look for this RP to start this weekend!)

Syilph

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: "The Common Cold [RP]"
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2006, 03:34:26 am »
OOC: Good and original idea :) This should require a follow-up consisting in a search for a cure. I would be up for a GM run event that would lead in that direction if that is ok with you.
* Syilph will stay away from large masses of people though.

Einnol

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Plakkem Hverrjanor Guild
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2006, 08:31:49 am »
This sounds interesting and amusing.  I guess our characters can't be in perfect health all the time.  I wonder how far this cold virus will spread.  ;)

* Einnol will try to remember to check descriptions every time someone coughs, sneezes, or blows their nose.

Peacer

• Veteran
  • I've got balls of steel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2006, 11:52:53 am »
Quote from: The grey company
Since elves are more in tune with the world around them, they notice temperature and weather extremes less than others. They can be comfortable in freezing weather or tropical weather while wearing the same clothing.

a line from some elven traits ;), shortly: Elves wouldn't be affected by the cold weather but could easily be affected by the cold as well as the other races...

this is just stuff though, not a "you have to follow thing"

if you are an elf and interested in more i'll gladly give you the sitelink :D
The Guardians of Power

left the game, looking in now and then to check progress, if you want to contact me use the email attached to the msn contact on this forum account

Under the moon

• Forum Addict
  • Writer extraordinaire.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2006, 12:03:08 pm »
Well, that would be for non-PS elves. PS elve are an original race with original traits. They might not be able to stand the head or cold in PS. Don't know until Talad says so, though. On to the RP...

You nasty, old-looking Lemur! Everyone always ends up in the tavern, where my Hyuken lives. You are going to give the poor Menki barkeep a case of the sniffles? How dare you!

*goes off mumbling about evil greenskins.*

btw, I'm in. Hyuken should make a good carrier.

"What ken I git fer yo...yo.....AAAAAACCHHHHUUUUUU!!!!"
Hyuken wipes his nose with his cleaning rag......

xD

IMPORTANT! RP moved to here---> http://hydlaa.com/smf/index.php?topic=25918.0
As you have found out by now, I started this plague. The rules are like this:

"You have been exposed to the Un-Common Cold [RP] If you are infected or a carrier, put this in your description."

Instructions: Sneeze on people (in a nice way) and /tell them in a shortcut /tell $target You have been exposed to the Un-common Cold RP virus. You may be infected, or a carrier. Read the RP forum for details.

Check back here http://hydlaa.com/smf/index.php?topic=25918.0 once every day to see if anyone has news.

Your mission is to find out where the plague started, what started it, and how to stop it. NOTE, this is not a 'task' type quest. It will take teamwork, and talking to others. You will have to follow rumors and clues that will not jump right out at you. No one rumor will lead you on the right path. This quest is designed to take a week or more to end, if the clues are followed. Think of it as a scavenger hunt with your life on the line.

NOTE 2: There is no chance in not getting sick if you choose to take part. The virus targets specific people. Those that do not choose to take part or 'think' they are immune just arn't targeted. They must not be important enough. ;)
« Last Edit: October 09, 2006, 10:18:42 pm by Under the moon »

Xillix Queen of Fools

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2006, 10:00:34 pm »
* Xillix Queen of Fools sniffs

Great now I have it!

Induane

• Veteran
  • What should I put here?
    • View Profile
    • Vaalnor Inc.
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2006, 11:36:47 pm »
I've been sick all weekend irl so this isn't much of a stretch.  I'll see if any other CoV members want to get within sneezing range! Sounds fun!

Ahhhh
Ahhhhhhhh

AAAACHOOOOO!!!

daehaz

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2006, 01:11:46 pm »
*Daehaz is a sick, sick man... and he also has a cold.

Beware citizens, he sprays and picks his nose with no remorse whatsoever... X-/

Anfa

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2006, 06:32:17 am »
hmmm and I was threatening to shave down all the Menki I knew having decided I must be allergic to them... ;D

I hate being sick!!  :'(

but it would explain the sneezing...and the red nose which isn't because of my love for beer..honest

http://scionsofwyldewood.nomadicwolf.com
"May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't."     {George Patton}

Gharan

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2006, 07:13:19 am »
hmm ill stick to my RL cold  :(

Kalika

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2006, 06:38:05 pm »
*kalika sniffles*

i think the door in kada-el was open too long during the night now that fall is approaching

*kalika sneezes*

'she lies with her arms flung out as if to embrace the whole hyancinth-scented, watermelon-colored world.'

Under the moon

• Forum Addict
  • Writer extraordinaire.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2006, 06:45:11 pm »
Let the evilness start. Thank you for posting this for me, Sir Phinehas.

http://hydlaa.com/smf/index.php?topic=25918.0

Suzuka249

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2006, 08:31:03 pm »
Haha! This sounds like it should be a fun RP event. And who knows, maybe other RP diseases could occur if this goes well. But might I make a small suggestion on how it could be spread? if you wanted to make it a bit more random whether or not you would contract the illness, perhaps a dice roll with a predetermined chance would do well. for something like a cold, maybe a 1/4 or 1/2 chance would suffice.

Phinehas

« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2006, 08:35:23 pm »
I'm not sure that would work, because essentially if someone wanted to "get sick" there's no reason they shouldn't, and if they don't want to, they just wouldn't bother rolling the dice...

Suzuka249

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2006, 09:12:32 pm »
you bring up a good point. A person could just not roll or ignore the RP if they didn't want any part of it. However, a person can't just get sic if they want to. Many elementary school children could probably attest to that. There is a certain element of chance in it (ok, probably not if you reduce it enough in biology and physics terms, but lets just say it is to avoid a headache of calculations).