Author Topic: Race from Hydlaa to Ojaveda  (Read 1335 times)

acmer

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
Race from Hydlaa to Ojaveda
« on: October 20, 2006, 01:03:48 am »
This evening (GMT, 20. Oct) we will arrange a running competition from Hydlaa to Ojaveda. First to finish gets 10000 (ten thousand) trias, which is 40 circles. No entry fee.

Join by /tell Acmer (blabla). We will record your name for the race and give further instructions.

This race is mainly for real roleplayers, that don't have all Stats maxed out yet. If you're a demigod, please don't spoil the fun from others.

Karyuu

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Race from Hydlaa to Ojaveda
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2006, 01:10:20 am »
"Real roleplayers" can very well have all their stats maxed as well, you know :}
Judge: Are you trying to show contempt for this court, Mr Smith?
Smith: No, My Lord. I am attempting to conceal it.

neko kyouran

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2006, 01:15:50 am »
going off of that, there's a vast difference between someone playing a "demigod" as you call them, than someone just playing a verteran of the war field, (who has lived a long life and has thier stats raised to the max)

if I were play a demi god, I would be turning randome people into clackers , dropping characters for 100's of meters in the air to thier doom, teleporting characters at random, etc.

too bad no one wants to give me those powers.   :devil:

Kezzik

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2006, 01:17:02 am »
what time GMT evening? because that can rnage from 5 to 9pm, thats what i classify as evening anyway.

I'd advise something later, perhaps 11 and then host another one even later for those of the more eastern times to play.

acmer

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2006, 03:08:11 am »
The race will be around 17:00-19:00 GMT. Another race will be held later (21:00-22:00 ish?)  if the first one has enough participants.

Datruth

• Hydlaa Notable
  • "You can't Squeeze Blood from a stone."
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2006, 06:00:53 am »
"Real roleplayers" can very well have all their stats maxed as well, you know :}

Thank you... finally someone defends the leveler.

People expect Planeshift Players to be in some kind of Aim Chatroom running around and talking, it seems they want us to forget there are monsters and powers lol. ;)

We have skills and we can improve them, nothing wrong with that in my opinion, although i feel it is overboard if you max them all lol.

I mean, why not donate that money to the poor?

~~Datruth
Truth To Disbelief

Quote from: svuun
I adopt Karyuu.  She might not be new but her skin is so supple, soft and n00b like....  :sweatdrop:

Einnol

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Plakkem Hverrjanor Guild
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2006, 09:04:10 am »
This race is mainly for real roleplayers, that don't have all Stats maxed out yet. If you're a demigod, please don't spoil the fun from others.

If you are trying to make the competition fair, how about dividing the runners up into classes based on their Endurance (ie.  novice class: 0-100, expert: 100 and up).  If you are already considering running two races anyway, this might be a good way to divide them up.  Just a thought.

Mordaan

• Developers
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2006, 09:41:42 am »
I think a race sounds like an interesting idea.  The problem is stamina.  I haven't experimented with it but I would think that getting "naked" might greatly improve my chances.  At the moment, I have so much crap in my inventory, I need to make 4 or 5 stops on my way to Ojaveda.  :-(  So if you really wanted to make things fair, overall weight might have to be taking into account as well.  But that way you can get bogged down in the details.

If I am around I might be willing to give it a try.

*Mordaan takes off his armor and begins limbering up*
--Overseer, Explorers Guild.

Kezzik

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2006, 12:55:55 pm »
mm, I woke up like half hour ago and now I haev to go cook/eat dinner, I'll miss the first race for sure.

It'd be nice to see a set of rules put up too

weight, endurance levels etc

Under the moon

• Forum Addict
  • Writer extraordinaire.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2006, 01:53:05 pm »
My advice: Do not make this a straight race from point A to point B. Set up waypoints (you will need help for this) that are sometimes up a hill or in a valley. I suggest using pets, or 'dwarves' as waypoints. You must be sure that racers can see one waypoint from the next, if the path deviates from the road.

Example:

A pet is seen int he middle of the road. this marks a deviation. Players must stop and look around to find the next one, then the next, until they get back to a road again. A player could stand at the road to point players in the right direction to go on the road.

As a final thought, a 'three legged' race with teams of two might be interesting.

Nurahk

« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2006, 02:23:37 pm »

Yeah...but those are "boring roleplayers" :P

Everybody being amazingly strong is the same as everybody being amazingly weak.

All relative, and with so many people maxed (people whose characters shouldn't really be maxed), it gets boring.

On topic, Nurahk doesn't race...He may come to watch though, depending on if he can squeeze it into his busy schedule

acmer

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2006, 12:49:05 am »
The race is over, and the winner was Arbonex. We had only 4 contestants, but they sure seemed to have fun.

Endurance limits, weight limits and other similar rules have been considered, but as I can't see into peoples inventories and stats, I left them out. Waypoints sound like a good idea. A dwarf/waypoint multiclass character  :P looking in the general direction of the next dwarf. The reason we didn't have them now was because I don't have a guild yet, and getting people to stand in one place for a long time is pretty hard.

The future Merchants Guild will arrange other competitions later. Some ideas: apple collecting in waterfall plains (like easter egg hunt), find a player that is hiding somewhere in this area, various running races, tournaments, etc.

Narure

« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2006, 02:55:51 am »
The 'dwarf'' would be 'dust' with the wrong texture methinks, so no need to have people standning around. But with that you would have to take into account the draw distance each of the racers has on.

Kalika

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2006, 03:56:33 am »
 \\o//

woot

go arbonex :D :D :D

and  :flowers: for all the contestants :D

'she lies with her arms flung out as if to embrace the whole hyancinth-scented, watermelon-colored world.'

Peacer

• Veteran
  • I've got balls of steel
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2006, 04:20:47 am »

I'm a demigod, and i'm not a real rp'er :(

anyways, I would hardly advice to avoid races which involves loading points, this will give People with a better computer a far better chance.
The Guardians of Power

left the game, looking in now and then to check progress, if you want to contact me use the email attached to the msn contact on this forum account